Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

I see the same old (questionable) rumours have started about Alfredo Morelos again. 

I must say, my opinion has changed about him since the summer. 

Last year, he was undisciplined and had a questionable attitude but he really seems to have screwed the nut this season. I've saw games were he has been kicked up and down the pitch but he's just getting on with it were last year he would have kicked out. I've saw players taunt him, last year he would have taken the bait but he's just walking away. 

Add all this to his young age and undoubted natural goalscoring ability and I really do think he could be worth the 20m gamble. 

The only reservation I have is how he would react to playing second fiddle to Vardy....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Shaquiri would have been an option once but we have Tielmans now and he wouldn't swap the Liverpool bench for ours. With Gray and Praet we are pretty well covered in midfield and I personally think that Barnes is going to get better and better as the season goes on and become a top class wide man. However we can't expect Vardy to play every match even though he probably would want to so another striker is pretty essential . We have the two young men in the U23s and Iheanacho also young . A proven striker, even if he is in his late twenties or thirty would be keen to join us now I am sure. He could do the Ulloa job for us something that proved vital in the premiership winning season.

If Vardy is fit, he'll play every league match and probably any important cup games too. Any striker coming in would have to accept that they'll be on the bench most of the time, which is why I don't think we'll sign an established one. It just creates unrest.

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I see the same old (questionable) rumours have started about Alfredo Morelos again. 

Last year, he was undisciplined and had a questionable attitude but he really seems to have screwed the nut this season. I've saw games were he has been kicked up and down the pitch but he's just getting on with it were last year he would have kicked out. I've saw players taunt him, last year he would have taken the bait but he's just walking away. 

Add all this to his young age and undoubted natural goalscoring ability and I really do think he could be worth the 20m gamble. 

The only reservation I have is how he would react to playing second fiddle to Vardy....

I can’t say I’ve watched Morelos too many times but get him back n just for the shithouse potential of a strike pairing of him and Vardy 

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Doesn’t start every game for Rangers. 

Morelos is an intriguing one, I think someone like him would be perfect if we were to get European football next season, or Boadu from AZ Alkmaar. There's no way we'd not get another striker if we qualify for the CL, even Europa we'd likely increase the squad to cope as we'd want to have a good go at challenging to win it.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 20:16, 49er said:

We will hopefully be fighting for a top four finish so we need a player or players who can make an instant. Just imagine if we could tempt Riyad back

Great suggestion at the time.

In hindsight though. 🤣🤣🤣🤣😱😱😱😱🤯🤯🤯🤯🤢🤢🤢🤢

6 hours ago, Bert said:

Sign Zaha with the Maguire Money. Before anyone starts saying he wants London, he’s played for Man Utd and tried pushing a move through to Everton. 

Zaha is worth about 25m at most and they want a lot more than that, I don't think he's no better than Gray

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hackneyfoxx said:

If we get Champions League will Vardy be up for 2 games a week?  (he says he needs the international break)...... 

The way he is currently playing he will still be here when he’s 50. To be fair, maybe that would be in a player coach role, assisting Sir Wes Morgan, as we win eight Champions League in a row:D

Guest An Sionnach
10 minutes ago, 49er said:

The way he is currently playing he will still be here when he’s 50. To be fair, maybe that would be in a player coach role, assisting Sir Wes Morgan, as we win eight Champions League in a row:D

Romario was still one the best strikers in the world at 40 and only packed it in then because he wants to be president of Brazil.

On 11/11/2019 at 02:26, TJB-fox said:

Wow this has caused a stir hasn’t it lol

Just my personal opinion that there is a player in there somewhere but has gone completely backwards at Utd. Think he’d flourish in our current set up and club culture. 

In regards to your question, right now? nobody. But it’s quite conceivable that Barnes’ and Perez form may suffer throughout the season and we may need another option out wide.

I can see the potential logic behind it, but really, he's only played well in very specific roles under certain managers playing certain ways. I don't think even at his best that he is a possession player. 

I watch Morelos play all the time, the guy is deadly. Last season he got no protection from the officials over the hammer-throwers of Scotland, he lost it because of that. Booted from pillar to post, If he threw his arms up in protest the yellow card was instant, the refs were a disgrace.

There is a big difference this season, he's learned to bite his tongue and he just gets stronger and stronger. Scoring goals is his love, right foot, left foot, headers, but his link up play is stunning too.

If Rodgers wants him it won't be as back-up to Vardy that's for sure. If he doesn't want him then I say Leicester City's loss and another EPL clubs gain.

I hope we still have him this time next year playing in the CL, but I highly doubt it, he'll be off in the summer. :(

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I watch Morelos play all the time, the guy is deadly. Last season he got no protection from the officials over the hammer-throwers of Scotland, he lost it because of that. Booted from pillar to post, If he threw his arms up in protest the yellow card was instant, the refs were a disgrace.

There is a big difference this season, he's learned to bite his tongue and he just gets stronger and stronger. Scoring goals is his love, right foot, left foot, headers, but his link up play is stunning too.

If Rodgers wants him it won't be as back-up to Vardy that's for sure. If he doesn't want him then I say Leicester City's loss and another EPL clubs gain.

I hope we still have him this time next year playing in the CL, but I highly doubt it, he'll be off in the summer. :(

We have been linked with him today according to Sky. 

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Luuk de Jong. Perfect backup for Vardy, won't need gametime for development because he is developed, and he has a very different style of play so he can be another option. 

Hasn't he not long signed for Sevilla?

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hasn't he not long signed for Sevilla?

Yes, but he’s starting pretty badly in Seville, not very well either, apparently. After I don’t think it’s the profile so necessary to bring back Big Slimani :P

On 28/10/2019 at 00:18, StriderHiryu said:

The thing is how do we want to run the club? 60m+ for Zaha plus his wages could and maybe should instead be spent on giving existing players a big pay bump to keep them. Zaha by the way has zero goals and one assist (today, winning a penalty) so far this season. He did get 10 goals last season, but that is certainly a premium price to pay.

The club has shown it's willing to break it's own transfer record multiple times, but I think it's got to be on a younger player with resale value. Tielemans was a no brainer because he will cost 40 and may go for as much as 100m. Our commercial revenues are massively behind lase season's top 6.

I personally think the strategy of the club is brilliant. In the team that beat Southampton by 9, we had Barnes (21), Ndidi (22), Chilwell (22), Maddison (22) and Tielemans (22) and Soyuncu (23) all starting. That lot set the all time league record for biggest away win, a record that has stood for over 130 years and all are still quite raw. Develop a young core of players, keep them together for 3-4 years and you might have a chance of winning a massive trophy but without spending hundreds of millions. It's a practical solution that has a chance to pay dividends. It is so far!

I would expect us to make signings in the following manner:

- Promising young players aged 22 and under to act as squad options for existing players with a view to them being first team ready in 1-2 years, e.g. James Justin.

- Players that are already statistically operating at a good level that can make a difference now but that won't cost an arm and a leg. Perez scored 12 goals last season, Praet was the highest chance maker in Serie A last season. A combined 50m for both is starting to look like great business.

- Veteran players that can add leadership qualities to the side, e.g. Jonny Evans. I wouldn't expect many of these, but wouldn't be surprised if one comes in given Morgan probably quits at the end of the season.

What I don't think we will see is an insane marquee signing for 60m+ because you could get two or even 3 players from the groups above for the same price. I could be completely wrong of course, but I think there is no reason to go mad with expensive signings when out current strategy is working. How much money have Everton spent, and where are they? That's not the way to do it IMO.

I don't disagree on the whole, but personally feel that there is room for, and the possibility of seeing a record breaking fee for a marquee winger. (But am also starting to doubt whether we actually need one)

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I can see the potential logic behind it, but really, he's only played well in very specific roles under certain managers playing certain ways. I don't think even at his best that he is a possession player. 

I just quoted another post talking about Lingard. I’m not going to be banging Brendan’s door down until he pays 40m for him, just a passing thought that he might not be a bad addition. 

Think his progress may have stalled at Utd due to the club and managerial issues rather than his poor attitude like some claim just because they’ve watched him put a few videos online and done a clothing launch!