Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Unpopular opinion but I think lingard would be a decent signing for us if the price / wages was right. 

so he doesn’t play regularly for Man United but you’d have him in our side? to replace who?

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but I think lingard would be a decent signing for us if the price / wages was right. 

No. Genuinely unsure where he would fit into our side, other than on the bench. Our midfield 3 + Hamza and Praet makes me moist. I wouldn't mind another exciting forward to join the mix but Lingard isn't that IMO.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

so he doesn’t play regularly for Man United but you’d have him in our side? to replace who?

Wow this has caused a stir hasn’t it lol

Just my personal opinion that there is a player in there somewhere but has gone completely backwards at Utd. Think he’d flourish in our current set up and club culture. 

In regards to your question, right now? nobody. But it’s quite conceivable that Barnes’ and Perez form may suffer throughout the season and we may need another option out wide.

1 minute ago, TJB-fox said:

Just my personal opinion that there is a player in there somewhere but has gone completely backwards at Utd. Think he’d flourish in our current set up and club culture. 

In regards to your question, right now? nobody. But it’s quite conceivable that Barnes’ and Perez form may suffer throughout the season and we may need another option out wide.

I don't think the reactions you're getting are simply the result of differing opinions on his skillset. But the result of people questioning his mindset. And, imho, rightfully so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I meant to eventually succeed Vardy. I think Morelos is a good goalscorer.

It's pointless trying to buy a Vardy back up until he's on the decline which could be another three years yet. We've spent the best part of £50m+ buying players to back him up and it's been wasted. 

Honestly I rather keep faith with Iheanacho unless we could sign some super talented 19 year old. 

• Like 1

if perez’s form suffers then i would say Gray has done more than enough to get a few games... Barnes? i would say we are lacking in cover for him. that’s probably the position we’ll buy in Jan.  wouldn’t say that’s Lingards position.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Would have liked to see us go for somebody like Franck Ribery in the summer - a veteran on the tail end who still knows how to finish and might be OK as a part time player.

Yeah, some old head who can still offer a lot coming off the bench but has the pedigree for the young players to learn from would be good. Robben would be a good one?

A winger who can score goals on a regular basis would be handy. Barnes, Gray and Albrighton don't really contribute enough goals for my liking.

Other than that I think we are fixed for this season. However, things might change if we suffer some long term injuries, especially to Vardy and one of the centre halves. Benkovic doesn't seem to be progresing as quickly as might have been hoped and Morgan, though he will always give 100%, is really only a bit part player these days.

How to improve....!!!

Ffs stop looking for other names,just for the sake of it.... "Be careful what you wish for'

We have a group of players,including experienced & wanna-bes fringe players who have learnt und understand the "Leicester way"

£20-50 mill doesnt Buy into that...Yes I am sure there is Somebody out there at those prices,that Leicester will be taking a look at,but more

Importantly we will be looking at the fit....

We have at the Moment the 12th 13th 14th 15th  man sorted......A rekindled ..Gray, the Proven Praet,the known assets of Choudry,the flexible Albrighton.

Rodgers I am sure has Set up Plans for..Nacho,Amartey,James,Benkovic,Leshabela,Justin  and a couple Academy-players  more, he reckons might be ready to

push forward by the end of the season...

Its the norm,that Leicester will have their Scouts & feelers out, I would rather sit back and wait and Enjoy Finding out,who the Next Player will be invited to

pull that fox on the shirt over his head..Chasing names before clubs own  intoduction,are false Dreams that often Leads to frustration.then invalid criticism....!!

People mention games without Vardy, they forget we won the league,where Vardy missed some games......Its these Open questions that makes it exciting, and Shows how all of is our we are developing und the playing staff are evolving....