Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

11 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Would Morelos be too much of a bastard to play second fiddle to vardy??

10 hours ago, casablancas said:

No. I think he’d be aware that he’d be challenging him in a few years l. I also think the bump in wage would help with that. 

Would like to see it - but realistic how much he play / get sent off? Seems its been 5 times last season?? For a striker??

(But guess he did play against Scott Brown quite a bit, so mildly forgivable..)

Edited by Dahnsouff

It might be worth looking at some of the people who’s contracts expire in the summer.

Ryan Fraser

Mario Götze

Jarrod Bowen

Or do you go left field and look at someone like Lingard. He’s lost his way at Manchester United. He’s talented but it’s no longer clicking. You laugh but he may add something.

Or Leon Bailey

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

It might be worth looking at some of the people who’s contracts expire in the summer.

Ryan Fraser

Mario Götze

Jarrod Bowen

Or do you go left field and look at someone like Lingard. He’s lost his way at Manchester United. He’s talented but it’s no longer clicking. You laugh but he may add something.

Or Leon Bailey

Decent shouts, you'd have to say are weakest area are out wide, and the contract situation make them more affordable.

Not sure Gotze fit the profile the club has been look at in recent time, young and hungry etc

21 minutes ago, Sly said:

Ryan Fraser

Mario Götze

Jarrod Bowen

Or Leon Bailey

They're good players but not sure if they're going to take us to the next level. 

It's going to be difficult to improve the team from here at the moment - (the moment being January) and will be very expensive. 

I think the training ground and KP expansion can't come sooner as the new facilities (along with the potential of Champions League football next season) are going to be key in attracting the right players next summer.

Possibly Bowen in January to play second fiddle to Vardy. 

Edited by Collymore

I'm fully aware that people will call me mental for this but what about Memphis Depay. The tabloids are saying Spurs are "preparing a £50m bid" for him. Lyon are having a bad season, currently in 13th so he might feel its time to finally move on.

He can play left wing or striker equally well so can start on the wing and fill in for Vardy if needed. He's apparently on £70k a week which we can definitely pay more than. He's scored 11 and assisted 1 in 14 games this season and is still only 25. He'd be a massive improvement on our team, the obvious problem is would he join us. The answer is probably not but what's going on at our club at the moment is really special and the wider world is starting to realise it.

There is a good chance we challenge for the title seriously in the next few years if we can keep these players together and the best way to persuade them to stay is to show real big club ambition by bringing in a world class player. It's a bold one but stranger things have happened. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I'm fully aware that people will call me mental for this but what about Memphis Depay. The tabloids are saying Spurs are "preparing a £50m bid" for him. Lyon are having a bad season, currently in 13th so he might feel its time to finally move on.

He can play left wing or striker equally well so can start on the wing and fill in for Vardy if needed. He's apparently on £70k a week which we can definitely pay more than. He's scored 11 and assisted 1 in 14 games this season and is still only 25. He'd be a massive improvement on our team, the obvious problem is would he join us. The answer is probably not but what's going on at our club at the moment is really special and the wider world is starting to realise it.

There is a good chance we challenge for the title seriously in the next few years if we can keep these players together and the best way to persuade them to stay is to show real big club ambition by bringing in a world class player. It's a bold one but stranger things have happened. 

Great player, has grown since his time at Man U, can't see us paying 50m for a player.

10 hours ago, Sly said:

Ryan Fraser

Mario Götze

Jarrod Bowen

Or Leon Bailey

Unpopular opinion but I think lingard would be a decent signing for us if the price / wages was right. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Need to be looking at a striker. Vardy got flattened a couple of times yesterday, we lose him and we don’t have much. We’ve been unbelievably lucky regarding him and injuries. Anyone coming in may play second fiddle for a short period but with the set up we now have it would have to be tempting.