Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

An Open Letter from Khun Top

Vichai had a dream... 

But now let's look forward to Top's dream. We can push on and do even more incredible things together!

It makes me happy that he was able to watch the game live even if he was not at the ground. I bet he was pretty happy with what he saw, including that stunning moment at 60 minutes when 7-0 up away from home our fans gave a stunning rendition of our song for Vichai. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't have to say anything but, for a relatively young man he has a lot of class. Obviously been brought up the right way and a chip off the old block in the best sense

We really should show our appreciation at every oppourtunity :appl::appl:

Aiyawatt, Aiyawatt give us a wave!

35 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

The bit that I find really exciting is when he says  "our work to build on my father’s legacy will continue for a long time".

We have so much to look forward to! :)

Honestly I can’t imagine a time when Top and King Power aren’t involved with running the club.

I know nothing is forever but it just feels like they’re here to stay forever.

I wonder what Top's physical reaction was to watching that game? He is usually a quite reserved person but as Vardy banged in that goal for 5-0 at half time and then put the penalty away for 9 I wonder if actually just lost his sh*t like us fans? I've love to have been a fly on the wall at that point in time!

I am sure he shed a few tears of pride, and why not!

48 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Top and his family, as well as Susan Whelan, have handled this tragedy with such unbelievable class and grace. We're so lucky to have them. Amazing people.

When they first took over the club after having Pearson removed, there was a lot of cynicism around them. Likewise when they appointed Whelan with no football industry experience as our Chief Exec, and also when they showed so much faith in promoting Rudkin to DoF. Each and every one of them has surpassed expectations in an unbelievable way, and they've grown along with the club to the point where we can genuinely argue that we have the best board & owners in professional football. 

We're incredibly lucky to be in the situation that we find ourselves. So much credit has to go to Top and his family (which, at least from this perspective, seems like its grown to include the whole city of Leicester) for helping us get to this point. Long may it continue.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I wonder what Top's physical reaction was to watching that game? He is usually a quite reserved person but as Vardy banged in that goal for 5-0 at half time and then put the penalty away for 9 I wonder if actually just lost his sh*t like us fans? I've love to have been a fly on the wall at that point in time!

I am sure he shed a few tears of pride, and why not!

Given how he reacted for the winner against Burnley (through relief more than anything?) I can imagine he'd have reacted quite well to such a resounding win. I think he knows all the players and staff are pretty much doing everything not just for themselves but for Top himself and in Vichai's honour. Especially those that were at the club at the time of the accident. Everyone who joins this club in future while Top is there is pretty much immediately invested in to the whole ethos of the club which I'd say is now directed to making Vichai proud. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

He stayed up until 4am to finish watching the game!

We have the best owners.

If I'd invested serious money into a project i'd probably sacrifice a but of sleep to see how they were getting on 😂

Lovely note though, he's done a brilliant job of empowering his team around him. Club has made some very good appointments internally recently as well.