Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Let's not go overboard, we are only 11 games into the season.

People talking like he's the second coming and we've not even achieved anything yet!

The transformation in the time hes been here is amazing. Yes early days but we are a joy to watch and he has barely put a foot wrong,  hes quality and we are lucky to have him.

15 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

Let's not go overboard, we are only 11 games into the season.

People talking like he's the second coming and we've not even achieved anything yet!

I suppose the best ever start to a top level campaign is of no significance whatsoever.......

8 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The transformation in the time hes been here is amazing. Yes early days but we are a joy to watch and he has barely put a foot wrong,  hes quality and we are lucky to have him.

Come on.

We played some lovely stuff under Puel too.

Rodgers has definitely improved defence and morale but like I said, he's achieved nothing yet. Get us into Europe, win a trophy and don't **** off at the first hint of an offer from another club and then he should get all the praise.

It's too early for all the arse licking.

I've been saying for some time that "the Jury's still out" on Rodgers, and I thought I'd check the jury room, they were havin' a fcukin party, empty vodka bottles and skittles packets everywhere, foreman of the Jury was being dragged across the floor. So I guess that means Brendan Rodgers is what we need...a habitual winner that communicates well, and has the squad working like a well oiled machine. Just hope he sticks around to see it through for a few years.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Yes, but not by the time he came to us.

Everybody knows full well the welcome he received. 

Well Rodgers was at Celtic rebuilding his career so I wouldn’t put him on right up there when we bagged him. He’s well on his way now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/11/2019 at 00:33, smudger63 said:

Pretty much what Peter Schmeichel said shortly before Puel was sacked, and i think he would know the feelings among the squad at that time!

There is a huge difference between holiday us back at the end of his tenure and at the start or all the way through it.

Maybe at end, sure all the ingredients were there at that point for a better manager to make the most of. But once again it totally ignores the work that went into getting the team and squad to that point. The signings, implementing a passing game, the growth of the young players, the cleansing of the squad of crap or old players.

A great manager but I fear he see's us a stepping stone. I think if a (historically) bigger team came knocking e.g. Manure, Arsenal, Spurs then he'd get his head turned. Hope Top can chuck enough money at him to stay. It clearly works as you only have to look at Athletico to see that if you pay your manager well he will stay. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well Rodgers was at Celtic rebuilding his career so I wouldn’t put him on right up there when we bagged him. He’s well on his way now. 

He did some very impressive rebuilding then, also 9 million from us. Ok, not right up there, but he wasn't as humble a manager as you suggest.

One of the things I’m most pleased about is that he’s dropped a lot of the egotism. There’s no silly mince cooking comments or other Brent-esque guff and he’s a better manager for it. I found his persona unbearable at Liverpool so I’m glad he’s matured, even if we were playing as brilliantly as we are it’d be difficult for me to really buy into him if the sound bites were coming out LRAC

• Like 2

On 04/11/2019 at 04:18, urban.spaceman said:

Top level manager.

You keep reading in the media that he might be tempted to leave to a top level club, but they never seem to acknowledge that he might is already  at one.

Fantastic acquisition.

What I like about this team is it’s balance, but also it’s evolution. Generally the team is performing brilliantly and Vardy is now showing that he CAN score in packed penalty boxes.

But... does anyone else think that Iheanacho would also thrive in this system, once his confidence is up? Vardy isn’t involved in the build up play or press as much now.  This would suit our Ian much better...

For me, this is one thing that Rodgers has done well.  I’m sure we can still play counter attacking football when required but we can also play some top football!

Edited by car1os

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

He did some very impressive rebuilding then, also 9 million from us. Ok, not right up there, but he wasn't as humble a manager as you suggest.

I don’t see him as a humble manager and I thought he was a great coup when we acquired him. Probably the top end of managers we could have got. However, he was always going to need to take a job like ours, Everton or someone similar before being considered for a top job. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Is he the first high level manager we've ever recruited?

(ever had = in my time, 1990 to present)

MON was widely touted as the best up and coming young manager of his generation when he signed him.

we have appointed some well know names in the past, Sven was seen as a bit of coup at the time (although that didn't exactly go to plan) similarly with David Pleat

As a club we have a bit of a checkered history in terms of picking our managers, but I believe that within footballing circles the LCFC job has always been seen as a good one, and outside of the money bags clubs, I also believe traditionally one of the best paid