Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Absolute bargain.

Think he'd have gone somewhere else or been snapped up by the summer. Top made a brave call to get rid of Puel and paying the price to hire Rodgers when he could. Both decisions correct.

Yes I totally agree. Decisive leadership! It shows IMO that Top really is cut from the same cloth as his old man.

I said it in another thread, but I really hope that as he was watching that 9-0 demolition that he was properly losing his shit and fist bumping anyone in his vicinity. He took the decision to pay up the money and make the change, and look at what that decision has done for us.

He'd certainly be forgiven for pouring himself a strong Brandy after that game and enjoying a bit of a tipple! :beer: Go on Top!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Another great article from the Athletic (Where's my cut Rob ffs??)

https://theathletic.com/1351094/2019/11/08/james-rodgers/

:ph34r: I like to print the articles as PDF so I can read offline :ph34r:

Hate to be that guy but please can someone copy and paste this article? Looks a good read and my free trial just ran out 

2 hours ago, FerrisBueller said:

I was expecting him to come out and say "yeah obviously I'll leave little old leicester and go there as soon as they offer me the job" whilst sitting in a city tracksuit inside the changing room. 

On 05/11/2019 at 13:36, coolhandfox said:

Compare rogers progress to Puel's is like comparing light and day......

The table when Puel was sacked P 27, W 9, D5, L13, F 32, A 38, 32 pts   Point per game 1.19, goals per game 1.19, goals against 1.40

Compare with Rogers                   P 11, W 7, D2, L2  , F 27, A 8  , 23 pts   Point per game  2.09, goals per game,  goals per game 2.45, goals against 0.72

So in 16 games Rogers only need to pick up 10 pts, and score 6 goals and conceded no more then 30 goals to have a better record then Puel, it hard to argue that hes not doing a great job.

That's nuts. Almost twice as many points per game, more than twice as many goals per game, and just over half as many goals against.

I always suspected there was a lot more to be got out of the squad Puel had. Now it's clear as crystal.

As throughly boring and frustrating it was, I think Puel's time here might have been necessary. Results and performances left a lot to be desired, but it's pretty unbelievable to think that we have successfully transitioned from the ageing, route 1 hoofers post-title win into the youthful, dynamic all-rounders we are today, and so quickly. Puel oversaw some fantastic transfer business while integrating great youth players. Credit should go to him for sticking by Chilwell, especially, as I think most fans, myself included, thought he was making a mistake.

I'll admit I was slowly falling out of love with football when Puel was manager. The football was laboured, turgid and uninspired. His post-match interviews could be sold to sleep research clinics. As it turns out, though, he did leave us much better off than when he arrived.

p.s. Sorry to be that bellend, but his name is spelt Rodgers, and the phrase is "like night and day." :thumbup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

That's nuts. Almost twice as many points per game, more than twice as many goals per game, and just over half as many goals against.

I always suspected there was a lot more to be got out of the squad Puel had. Now it's clear as crystal.

As throughly boring and frustrating it was, I think Puel's time here might have been necessary. Results and performances left a lot to be desired, but it's pretty unbelievable to think that we have successfully transitioned from the ageing, route 1 hoofers post-title win into the youthful, dynamic all-rounders we are today, and so quickly. Puel oversaw some fantastic transfer business while integrating great youth players. Credit should go to him for sticking by Chilwell, especially, as I think most fans, myself included, thought he was making a mistake.

I'll admit I was slowly falling out of love with football when Puel was manager. The football was laboured, turgid and uninspired. His post-match interviews could be sold to sleep research clinics. As it turns out, though, he did leave us much better off than when he arrived.

p.s. Sorry to be that bellend, but his name is spelt Rodgers, and the phrase is "like night and day." :thumbup:

Very true, teach me to be posting and working at the same time :D

• Haha 1

I’ll admit to not really liking Brendan Rodgers whilst he was at Liverpool and Celtic, but wow how wrong was I, he’s proving to be another astute bit of business by our brilliant owners, we’ve moved so far forward in the way we play (literally) he’s assembling a great young squad (Puel must get some praise as well) and things are looking fantastic on and off the field, possession with purpose was mentioned and that’s exactly how he’s got us playing. Great times 🦊

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

A quickly improving young squad sat 3rd in the league with owners that will back him all the way? Why would he want to leave? 

Any top manager that takes arsenal on is committing career suicide. 

I see your logic there and am in agreement with you.

However, I heard from someone who worked for him at Celtic that he often spoke of how he'd love to get the Arsenal job and was seriously miffed when he wasn't mentioned as a potential replacement for Wenger.

It may be because he left us but I'd be wary of what he says and what he'd actually do if offered it.

TalkSport (mainly Alan Brazil) obsessed with Rodgers going to Arsenal, speaking as though it is nailed on.

Regardless of the fact they still have a manager, would actually want Rodgers and whether he'd want to move this quickly.

Rodgers strikes me as being very astute and would know that a top four finish with Leicester would put him in the top manager club and open lots of doors.  Arsenal are a poisoned chalice that will hurt any manager that accepts it.

4 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I see your logic there and am in agreement with you.

However, I heard from someone who worked for him at Celtic that he often spoke of how he'd love to get the Arsenal job and was seriously miffed when he wasn't mentioned as a potential replacement for Wenger.

It may be because he left us but I'd be wary of what he says and what he'd actually do if offered it.

Oh I am. I'd just like to think he's smarter than the arsenal job. I don't see anyone succeeding there. They're going to keep sliding down the table and end up a once big club being called a 'sleeping giant's as long as their owners about. 

• Like 1