Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

England squad announcement - Euro 2020 qualifiers 07/11

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You can see why England strikers retire before they end their careers. Tammy and Wilson have had like 45 minutes of action between them over 4 international games

It’s absolutely crazy, what’s the end game here? Kane becomes the highest goalscorer, we don’t win anything and in the (fairly likely) event he gets injured there’s nobody ready to come in and replace him.

I still can’t believe he played the 3rd place play off at the World Cup when he’d already sewn up the golden boot. Vardy was likely playing his last World Cup and Welbeck hadn’t had a minute in the tournament to that point but Kane did the same carthorse act he did in the three previous rounds.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Another tap in for the Kane archives. "Great finish", Hoddle it was a tap in from 3 yards

Ffs the anti kane on here is really really obsessively wired, he has scored in all qualifier games, no matter what team, that is a good record, he does the business for England unless ur irish, Scottish  german, why not enjoy!! Some absolute freaks on ere 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Oh good. Glen Hoddle and his ITV friends can have a nice big wank now Kane has scored a dogshit tap in following another abysmal performance for 80 minutes.

His reference to spin made me think that Shane Warne was on the pitch

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Southgate will learn nothing about Maddison if he does not give him a chance to effect the game from the start.

No compelling reason why you don't give him (and others) a start in this one, this game is meaningless.

I fear the writing is already in the wall for Maddison in regards to making the 2020 euro squad.

i don’t think Southgate rates him more than who he is selecting and/or maybe doesn’t think madders suits his system.

flugate, and now his calf twinge makes it even more easier for Southgate to not pick him, bearing in mind we only have 4 more friendlies left prior to the squad being chosen.

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

I fear the writing is already in the wall for Maddison in regards to making the 2020 euro squad.

i don’t think Southgate rates him more than who he is selecting and/or maybe doesn’t think madders suits his system.

flugate, and now his calf twinge makes it even more easier for Southgate to not pick him, bearing in mind we only have 4 more friendlies left prior to the squad being chosen.

Yes, this is the crux of the problem. We are dealing with a manager that once looked at all the midfielders available in the country and decided that Jake Livermore was actually the one he needed. Southgate is an appalling judge of midfielders.

• Like 1

Just now, lestajigs said:

Ffs the anti kane on here is really really obsessively wired, he has scored in all qualifier games, no matter what team, that is a good record, he does the business for England unless ur irish, Scottish  german, why not enjoy!! Some absolute freaks on ere 

No, this isn't anti-Kane. It's reasonable to get irritated by the commentators complementing Kane for doing anything. I've not mocked Kane at all. Merely stating the majority of his goals are tap ins or penalties; generally his goals coming against weaker opposition.  We rely heavily on his goals, when he goes missing we have no replacement as Southgate hasn't given anyone an opportunity to get bedded in. 

1 minute ago, ttfn said:

It’s absolutely crazy, what’s the end game here? Kane becomes the highest goalscorer, we don’t win anything and in the (fairly likely) event he gets injured there’s nobody ready to come in and replace him.

I still can’t believe he played the 3rd place play off at the World Cup when he’d already sewn up the golden boot. Vardy was likely playing his last World Cup and Welbeck hadn’t had a minute in the tournament to that point but Kane did the same carthorse act he did in the three previous rounds.

Kane's a brilliant finisher, but we can't solely rely on him. He went missing during the world cup, and we had no one to bring on. As they've said so many times we have 4 games left until the squad is picked. Qualification is sorted, why not rotate and give others opportunities. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

Yes, this is the crux of the problem. We are dealing with a manager that once looked at all the midfielders available in the country and decided that Jake Livermore was actually the one he needed. Southgate is an appalling judge of midfielders.

Yes I agree...

and now despite the media pressure and stats, Southgate has all the excuses ready made.

”sadly due to illness and injury, we haven’t had the time to really see how he can help us”

• Like 1