Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

England squad announcement - Euro 2020 qualifiers 07/11

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Why the worry about Maddison not playing for England? As long as he helps get us into the champions league - then plays in it for us - who cares?

Playing devils advocate...

he may feel to get a better chance he has to play for a “top club” 

I know we're biased but Maddison has had 25 minutes in an England shirt since the start of last season.

It's laughable really how little chances he's had. No idea why he gets called up and sits there as an unused sub. 

I know he's had injuries but come one, how are we going to know if he'll fit into the side if he never gets a chance?

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The amount of goals we’ve scored in qualifying is a reflection of the abysmal opposition rather than us being a great side.

Suspect this. Can't really criticise England as we've basically hammered everybody and scored a load in the process. All in all it was a bit of a procession.

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

I know we're biased but Maddison has had 25 minutes in an England shirt since the start of last season.

It's laughable really how little chances he's had. No idea why he gets called up and sits there as an unused sub. 

I know he's had injuries but come one, how are we going to know if he'll fit into the side if he never gets a chance?

He has an injury

im surprised that they didn’t say he failed a fitness test rather than have him as an unused sub ..... I suspect he wanted to be part of the match day squad rather than ‘sitting in the stands’

More chips on shoulders in here than a mccain’s uniform .......

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

See my post above..

the media want to see madders tried out, stats back it up.

So southgate feels he has to include him in squad, due to the above, whilst knowing full well he won’t dislodge who currently plays there.

16 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Ffs the anti kane on here is really really obsessively wired, he has scored in all qualifier games, no matter what team, that is a good record, he does the business for England unless ur irish, Scottish  german, why not enjoy!! Some absolute freaks on ere 

Agree.. I love the bloke! 

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The amount of goals we’ve scored in qualifying is a reflection of the abysmal opposition rather than us being a great side.

Playing Montenegro and Kosovo is like Germany giving Cornwall and Kent a good hiding

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

I fear the writing is already in the wall for Maddison in regards to making the 2020 euro squad.

i don’t think Southgate rates him more than who he is selecting and/or maybe doesn’t think madders suits his system.

flugate, and now his calf twinge makes it even more easier for Southgate to not pick him, bearing in mind we only have 4 more friendlies left prior to the squad being chosen.

Yep, agree. Tonight's the final nail in the coffin for his chances. The blue eyed boy Mount came on and scored, whilst Southgate will also now claim that Winks can play as an 8. Not even sure Maddison will make the squad. :(