Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

Just now, LC/FC said:

So...

2nd in the league. 

Best defence. 

2nd best attack. 

Billionaire owner. 

World record fee received for our 3rd choice CB. 

5th highest for profit wasn't it?

What Universe do people still live in where they think Leicester can be ripped apart so easily in this current day and age? 

The universe where we're not fashionable and certain clubs are. 

Unfortunately it usually works. 

• Sad 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

Well I'm glad I'm not in that delusional Universe... 

Think I'll stick to my own delusional Universe where Leicester City won the Premier League...

Wait a minute! 

• Haha 2

Just now, LC/FC said:

Well I'm glad I'm not in that delusional Universe... 

Think I'll stick to my own delusional Universe where Leicester City won the Premier League...

Wait a minute! 

True, we did. Then our best player left immediately for a club not in Europe because 'they is champion club'. 

I'm not saying we roll over for them, but we're still not capable of fighting off the big clubs when the media decide its time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Would have to pay more than Maguire for Söyüncü, and a he’ll of a lot for Evans who’s in his 30s. I’m sure Man City will shop in a different pond. They have a much better scouting system than Man U, for example

Think it will probably take something upwards of £100m to get us to part with Soyuncu in January, probably say £50m for Evans.

I know they aren't worth that much (arguably), but it's what do we stand to lose if we sell these players.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

True, we did. Then our best player left immediately for a club not in Europe because 'they is champion club'. 

I'm not saying we roll over for them, but we're still not capable of fighting off the big clubs when the media decide its time. 

That's because despite miraculously winning it we were totally unprepared for it and the aftermath that followed.

We were a surprise package. Even as fans, we're still all gobsmacked 4 yeara later. 

But like Leicester has done since our new owners have come in we've been learning continuously and improving. 

We're not the same club as we were 4 years ago. The media can say what they want but as these players are our assets and from the Maguire saga... We will rebuff them or demand they pay what we set as the value.

Now there's talk of a 'Big 7' because of us... 

Edited by LC/FC
  • Like 2

We really should introduce a ban on selling to divisional rivals if we are serious about becoming top four regulars. It's counter productive to our long term goals if we weaken ourselves whilst strengthening our rivals. If Maddison and Co want to leave it should be for Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve or not happening. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

World record fee received for our 3rd choice CB. 

Gotta pull you up on that one. Maguire certainly wasn't our third choice CB, he was our first choice CB.

Now we may have arguably improved with Soyuncu (Too early to tell still, but looks likely), but we certainly didn't know that at the time. 

• Like 2

No one is going in January that the club wants to keep. As for the summer, Top proved with Maguire we won't be chumps.

If the club keeps form, and is in Champions League, any player leaving would be very much on the club's terms -- and we just sold Maguire for 80m up front.  There will be 9 figure price tags on every single one of the starting 11.

Furthermore, it's not Claudio saying "we will never achieve this again" or Claude saying "we can't compete with the 'Top 9" -- NINE! The fcuker actually said we should be happy with 10th! -- the players think Rodgers can deliver 

Finslly, if ManCity isn't punished for its blatant FFP violations, then FFP is dead -- any other club with means would sue UEFA if they were punished after ManCity wasn't -- and Top can turn on the King Power spigot for contract renewals.

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

That's because despite miraculously winning it we were totally unprepared for it and the aftermath that followed.

We were a surprise package. Even as fans, we're still all gobsmacked 4 yeara later. 

But like Leicester has done since our new owners have come in we've been learning continuously and improving. 

We're not the same club as we were 4 years ago. The media can say what they want but as these players are our assets and from the Maguire saga... We will rebuff them or demand they pay what we set as the value.

Now there's talk of a 'Big 7' because of us... 

Whilst I appreciate your sentiments, the fact this thread exists sorta rails against them. 

Just now, Charl91 said:

Gotta pull you up on that one. Maguire certainly wasn't our third choice CB, he was our first choice CB.

Now we may have arguably improved with Soyuncu (Too early to tell still, but looks likely), but we certainly didn't know that at the time. 

On a technicality... I probably should have said 3rd best.

But as it stands, currently with the rise of Cags, if we had Harry back he'd definitely be 3rd choice now. 

Hope any clubs genuinely have a bulging bank balance, because the Maguire saga was resolved with us getting our asking price and pretty much all of it (if not all of it, I can't recall) as a one off, cash payment.

So, if you have the exact asking price set by our excellent executive staff, and cash to pay up front and not in installments, then they might get somewhere.

These players might leave, but by god they'll leave on our terms.

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst I appreciate your sentiments, the fact this thread exists sorta rails against them. 

A thread like this will always exist. Other clubs want other teams players constantly all the time. It's a never ending game. 

But what I'm trying to say is unless other clubs decide to splash out an obscene amount of money we won't budge. 

Top demanded a world record fee for our defender before we agreed. 

We kept Mahrez until he's mardy as hell because we said "You're not going" 

Football is as much as a business as it is a sport now and I would put our business acumen above other clubs from what we've done the last 2 seasons. 

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We are becoming fashionable though, look at the comments of any Leicester related video post etc it’s usually positive stuff from all around the world, and on our own YouTube channel and insta 90% of the comments are from Turks Thais Italians etc

• Like 2