Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

The universe where we're not fashionable and certain clubs are. 

Unfortunately it usually works. 

Because we've not had consistent champions league football. As soon as we get there this will stop. It'll be annoying three or so seasons...

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

No one is going in January that the club wants to keep. As for the summer, Top proved with Maguire we won't be chumps.

If the club keeps form, and is in Champions League, any player leaving would be very much on the club's terms -- and we just sold Maguire for 80m up front.  There will be 9 figure price tags on every single one of the starting 11.

Furthermore, it's not Claudio saying "we will never achieve this again" or Claude saying "we can't compete with the 'Top 9" -- NINE! The fcuker actually said we should be happy with 10th! -- the players think Rodgers can deliver 

Finslly, if ManCity isn't punished for its blatant FFP violations, then FFP is dead -- any other club with means would sue UEFA if they were punished after ManCity wasn't -- and Top can turn on the King Power spigot for contract renewals.

and to think some on here loved old puel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

That's because despite miraculously winning it we were totally unprepared for it and the aftermath that followed.

We were a surprise package. Even as fans, we're still all gobsmacked 4 yeara later. 

But like Leicester has done since our new owners have come in we've been learning continuously and improving. 

We're not the same club as we were 4 years ago. The media can say what they want but as these players are our assets and from the Maguire saga... We will rebuff them or demand they pay what we set as the value.

Now there's talk of a 'Big 7' because of us..

Why? Spurs are ****ed lol

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-will-leave-tottenham-hotspur-on-a-free-when-my-contract-expires-in-18-months-says-danny-rose-pwxlrq5v0

Its all reading a lot like Abu Dhabi FC are in full on play mind games mode with briefings from players associated with the club saying its a bad place and then potential interest in the back pairing. Like they are really interested in signing Evans, shake my jingle bells. Its only because they still have to play us twice over the remainder of the season and hope players will be flattered enough to get their brains melded to do a Mahrez and go on strike.

Edited by Bazly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Media narrative lol

The expansion of the top of the Premier League. It gets bigger every so often. It used to be a top 2, then big 4 and now top 6 lol

But yeah... I really don't know how Tottenham fits in apart from London bias. 

Well here’s my thoughts on values, not that I think any will go mind and it’s just a bit of fun! 

Kasper 18 million

Ricardo 65 million

Evans 15 million

Cags. 70 million

Chilly 60 million

Maddison  80 million

Tielemans  80 million

Wilf 60 million

Barnes 35 million

Perez 40 million

Vardy never leaving

Thats just the first 11, 

What a fantastic job the club have done assembling this squad, nobody is going to pick our pockets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuredufox said:

Just the top 6 trying to unsettle us. Times have changed all players are available but unfortunately for them we are not now a selling club. We only sell on our terms.

Spot on. Deliberate tactics, by 'leaking' to sky. Pep did it last year to unsettle RM and then Ole followed suit with HM. They are running scared.

Nothing in the rules to stop this gamesmanship? We should do the same back, start rumours on their fan sites  and via media. Suggestions? 

6 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Spot on. Deliberate tactics, by 'leaking' to sky. Pep did it last year to unsettle RM and then Ole followed suit with HM. They are running scared.

Nothing in the rules to stop this gamesmanship? We should do the same back, start rumours on their fan sites  and via media. Suggestions? 

Paul Pogba wants to move to Tottenham so he can experience big pressure games. 

Notwithstanding Man City are about to be investigated can someone please correct me but are our players not under contract, meaning we do not have to sell?  This is just a ploy to unsettle a team that is gate crashing Sky’s Elite Band of Brothers.  Bunch of Merchant Bankers at Sky Sports Sources.

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

True, we did. Then our best player left immediately for a club not in Europe because 'they is champion club'. 

I'm not saying we roll over for them, but we're still not capable of fighting off the big clubs when the media decide its time. 

I think we are a much different club now. It’s not players ‘massively’ over performing like the title winning team, the quality is genuine and all around the team.  Maddison is looking around him and seeing Ricardo, Tielemans and Soyunucu. 

Kante was looking around round and seeing players such as Danny Simpson, wes Morgan etc (with respect) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

I think we are a much different club now. It’s not players ‘massively’ over performing like the title winning team, the quality is genuine and all around the team.  Maddison is looking around him and seeing Ricardo, Tielemans and Soyunucu. 

Kante was looking around round and seeing players such as Danny Simpson, wes Morgan etc (with respect) 

:wes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

We really should introduce a ban on selling to divisional rivals if we are serious about becoming top four regulars. It's counter productive to our long term goals if we weaken ourselves whilst strengthening our rivals. If Maddison and Co want to leave it should be for Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve or not happening. 

But at this rate they could be our rivals next season. :brendan:

4 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

I think Kante was just a bit of a turd who thought Chelsea being very rich elevated them to an elite status. 

It drives fans nuts when you pick up a paper or read on the internet that this Leicester player is wanted by this club or that Leicester player is going to this club. they shouldn't say anything unless they know 100% a player is going somewhere, if it's speculation then don't print it only print it if it's actual fact. anyone can speculate about anything but at the end of the day it is cold hard facts that count. anything else is just b=8lsh7t.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

What Universe do City fans live in where they think nobody will be interested in our players?

Because it's ridiculous. It's like reporting that Chelsea are interested in signing Raheem Sterling or Man United are looking at Trent Alexander-Arnold. They're good players that every team in the world wants but it's simply not going to happen.

All that's happening here is that pundits and delusional "Top 6" fans are still living in a past where they think they can just strip us.

On what planet do they think there’s any legs in us letting not one, but BOTH of our starting CB’s go in January when it’s likely we’ll be well placed for the top 4, maybe the ****ing league title! 

Genuinely baffled 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1