Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

5 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Well here’s my thoughts on values, not that I think any will go mind and it’s just a bit of fun! 

Kasper 18 million

Ricardo 65 million

Evans 15 million

Cags. 70 million

Chilly 60 million

Maddison  80 million

Tielemans  80 million

Wilf 60 million

Barnes 35 million

Perez 40 million

Vardy never leaving

Thats just the first 11, 

What a fantastic job the club have done assembling this squad, nobody is going to pick our pockets.

I was mocked o  this forum  in August for suggesting we had a team worth over 300 million

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

I remember after we won the league there were some suggestions/theories that we had 'changed' football as we'd shown that you can be successful without just chucking a load of money at it. On the whole it seems like nothing has changed. Clubs still don't seem to have invested enough in their scouting network/infrastructure and take a risk on players before they make a big move. Not necessarily aimed at Man City but 'big' clubs in general.

Oh they (Man City) invest and take a risks on players, don't you doubt it for one second.

They stockpile players, buy up the market, buy players simply so other teams can't have them, the unfortunate part is that they don't then go on to give them chances or opportunities to prove or improve themselves, they don't want to loan them out and let other teams benefit from them either, they literally stockpile them.

Chelsea used to do it - Eventually they used to sell them at a very low, cut price then look back in years to come at very expensive talent's they'd lost due to not given them a chance or being patient with them but Man City are taking it all to another level.

Hopefully (Or hopefully not, for our sake) Chelsea have learnt from trusting and playing their youth, seeing how it can be successful, seeing how well it's working for them, rather than spending obscene amounts of cash, but I don't think they have learnt based on rumours of them going on a spending spree in January or when their ban is over, which imo can only be good news for us, one being that they seemingly havn't learnt and two that I think bringing a load of expensive signings and egos in will upset the apple cart and something that Lampard might not want or be able to handle.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

FT: The media are always trying to sell our players!

Also FT: The media don't give us any credit!

Folks - they go hand in hand.  Me - I'd prefer to have neither and fly under the radar.  The longer Ricky is in our team, the longer we're better than Spurs, Man U, Arsenal.  Unfortunately it seems that being in 2nd is too hard to ignore, so that ship is sailing.

• Like 2

This one has really pissed me off. I don’t mind if our players are playing really well then clubs have genuine interest, it’s a compliment if anything. However SKY making shit up like this is so ****ing annoying! Soyuncu? Yeah ok I get it but to literally tout both our starting cb’s is ****ing infuriating. Whoever invented this article should get beat up

30 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

FT: The media are always trying to sell our players!

Also FT: The media don't give us any credit!

Folks - they go hand in hand.  Me - I'd prefer to have neither and fly under the radar.  The longer Ricky is in our team, the longer we're better than Spurs, Man U, Arsenal.  Unfortunately it seems that being in 2nd is too hard to ignore, so that ship is sailing.

They can praise us without having to constantly link our players to other clubs.

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

They can praise us without having to constantly link our players to other clubs.

I mean - you should be right.  But it's pretty evidently not the case.

I guess I don't really understand why anybody would get bothered over it.  What - do we think Rudkin + Wheelan are going to sell our 2 starting CB's mid season on the cheap to a rival while pushing for Champions League because Sky makes a tweet?  It's either a legit link / rumor, or it isn't.  If it is, then we should expect it to go out.  If it isn't, then it's just funny more than anything else.

• Like 2

Just now, Bats8711 said:

I mean - you should be right.  But it's pretty evidently not the case.

I guess I don't really understand why anybody would get bothered over it.  What - do we think Rudkin + Wheelan are going to sell our 2 starting CB's mid season on the cheap to a rival while pushing for Champions League because Sky makes a tweet?  It's either a legit link / rumor, or it isn't.  If it is, then we should expect it to go out.  If it isn't, then it's just funny more than anything else.

Think it's due to the lack of respect for our achievements from the media narrative that's getting us riled up.

Yes, we have fantastic young hungry players and a top European coach. 

There's a reason we have them, we cleverly built it all up.

So we'd appreciate if they'd just praise the job we've done under merit, and **** off trying to dismantle it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

"Man City duo Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling are among a number of forward options being considered by Leicester City, Sky Sports News understands."

Can't remember who suggested it a few weeks ago but someone on here said we should put in a cheeky bid for all the best players in the 'top 6' in January. 

We should definitely troll the shit out of the newspapers at least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So because its 'Man City' its them who are considering whether or not to buy our players? How about the fact that Leicester and not "considering" selling or both of those players are not "considering" leaving - now off you **** 

Perhaps we should consider buying Aguero, seeing as we are 2nd in the league 

Dickheads 

Edited by koop.

37 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Can't remember who suggested it a few weeks ago but someone on here said we should put in a cheeky bid for all the best players in the 'top 6' in January. 

We should definitely troll the shit out of the newspapers at least.

Didn't we do that in Soyuncu thread where we were calling Rudders useless? 

I wanted Aubameyang lol