Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

This is the worst part of the season. All the media go clickbait crazy. Soyuncu to Barcelona in a Ronaldo plus cash deal. Ricardo to Beijing FC in exhange for Hong Kong  Andy King to Man City for £20m + Riyadh. Wish i could just make up rubbish in my job!

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If you go in the transfer section on here there's all sorts of discussions on who we should sign. It's what football fans do, it's not a conspiracy.

Maybe you should go and post that on other clubs forum's "The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread" threads and tell them to stop their own conspiratorial whining?! 

:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If you go in the transfer section on here there's all sorts of discussions on who we should sign. It's what football fans do, it's not a conspiracy.

True but I can't see any threads on which star players we should poach from rival top end PL clubs. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

True but I can't see any threads on which star players we should poach from rival top end PL clubs. 

That's because we all know they wouldn't come here or we couldn't afford them.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Where is all the tweets and news articles about how chelsea should buy fernandes, or spurs buy mount, or liverpool buy rashford, or man city buy kante?

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Where is all the tweets and news articles about how chelsea should buy fernandes, or spurs buy mount, or liverpool buy rashford, or man city buy kante?

It's not realistic to think that might happen.

Does anyone think that Frank Lampard watched NDidi break up all Chelsea's attacks the other night and it never crossed his mind that he'd be a good signing for them, but having seen what Seye Omidora from Goals.com has said is now considering a bid?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

because the players themselves would think twice about the moves? what is more likely a Leicester player going to Liverpool or a Chelsea player going to Man City? - come on now we really need to take those blue tinted specs off and realise that this is currently a reality and the papers will talk about likely/possible moves more than unlikely moves. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

As long as no one bigs up Fofana we need to keep him under the radar. 

Just Jamie redknapp saying he'll break the record for the most expensive defender when he leaves us. Even if so, can't be bad having sold the two most expensive defenders ever. 

6 minutes ago, shailen said:

Just Jamie redknapp saying he'll break the record for the most expensive defender when he leaves us. Even if so, can't be bad having sold the two most expensive defenders ever. 

Who's going to be the third? Evans is into his Indian summer. 150+m to a desperate Liverpool? 

• Haha 1

In the last 3 days I’ve seen Ndidi to Chelsea, Fofana to Man Utd, Tielemans to Liverpool, and even Rodgers to Chelsea. Mainly from fan websites etc thinking that their teams simply have a right to strip other clubs of players they like, but it’s all there.

I think it’s flattering to know our players are in demand, even it’s of the fans of clubs if not the clubs themselves. Shows we’re doing a good job and are a threat to the established order.

43 minutes ago, hejammy said:

because the players themselves would think twice about the moves? what is more likely a Leicester player going to Liverpool or a Chelsea player going to Man City? - come on now we really need to take those blue tinted specs off and realise that this is currently a reality and the papers will talk about likely/possible moves more than unlikely moves. 

Sterling, Liverpool to ManC? Kyle Walker, Spurs to ManC? It does happen but you don't see the the same level of speculation by fans about players from those clubs as you do about ours. 

I think LCFC is still regarded as a feeder club by some of the media, 'experts' and fans that play arcade games. 

All our none Academy players have come from other clubs because they thought we offered them a step up, more money, a better chance of success, a better chance of moving on to a higher level and because Leicester is a great City to live in.

In all fairness, we bring it on ourselves. Every summer since we won the league we have sold one key player, so it's only natural for the media to speculate who we will sell next. If I was a journalist I would speculate too, because we have got some really good players that would get into any side in the league. It's kind of a backhanded compliment. 

We just need to accept that we are seen as nothing more than the equivalent of a Newcastle, Everton or Aston Villa. And in fairness, they wouldn't be wrong. Jack Grealish is constantly linked to bigger clubs because he is good enough to play for one of those sides. We just have a whole bunch more players that are capable of performing at the highest level, hence why we have multiple players linked away. If none of our players were linked with moves, we wouldn't be occupying a top four position right now. It's the price we pay for performing above expectations, I'd rather have it this way than be sitting in mid table.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

In all fairness, we bring it on ourselves. Every summer since we won the league we have sold one key player, so it's only natural for the media to speculate who we will sell next. If I was a journalist I would speculate too, because we have got some really good players that would get into any side in the league. It's kind of a backhanded compliment. 

We just need to accept that we are seen as nothing more than the equivalent of a Newcastle, Everton or Aston Villa. And in fairness, they wouldn't be wrong. Jack Grealish is constantly linked to bigger clubs because he is good enough to play for one of those sides. We just have a whole bunch more players that are capable of performing at the highest level, hence why we have multiple players linked away. If none of our players were linked with moves, we wouldn't be occupying a top four position right now. It's the price we pay for performing above expectations, I'd rather have it this way than be sitting in mid table.

But did we sell them through choice, I suspect not it was because the players themselves wanted to leave because they were clubs that offered them a step up, more money, a better chance of success.

I don't think our intention is to be a selling club I think is more a testimony to our recruitment and player development.

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

All our none Academy players have come from other clubs because they thought we offered them a step up, more money, a better chance of success, a better chance of moving on to a higher level and because Leicester is a great City to live in.

No need to take the piss Davie,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Sterling, Liverpool to ManC? Kyle Walker, Spurs to ManC? It does happen but you don't see the the same level of speculation by fans about players from those clubs as you do about ours. 

I think LCFC is still regarded as a feeder club by some of the media, 'experts' and fans that play arcade games. 

Sterling was 2015 and Walker was 2017. That's 2. Now how many have gone from Leicester to the "big 6" in the last 5 years?. LCFC are regarded as a feeder club because currently (Unfortunately for us) we kinda are. Until we finish in the top 6 for a number of consecutive years, have some success in Europe and expand our stadium etc we always will be. That is how this works. Like I've previously mentioned some of us need to take the blue tinted specs off. No doubt we are doing amazing and probably recent history is our most successful in the clubs history BUT we need to do that for 5+ seasons and have success elsewhere for us to break into that "big 6" conversation