Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

because the players themselves would think twice about the moves? what is more likely a Leicester player going to Liverpool or a Chelsea player going to Man City? - come on now we really need to take those blue tinted specs off and realise that this is currently a reality and the papers will talk about likely/possible moves more than unlikely moves. 

It can happen, the first step of the process is the player been unsettled by the media, if the media dont make a story then the first step doesnt happen.

I liked how the palace chairman shut one of these down last year and threatened sky.

Edited by Chrysalis

I really dont fear our players being linked with the big clubs anymore. We know from the past 5 years that we wont sell for below our valuation, which is normally way above the going rate and we wont sell more than 1 key player at a time. We have never suffered when we have sold any players and generally seem to get better and improve the squad. If we make champions league we know we have the chance to improve the squad without having to sell anyone. The group seems very happy currently and I cant see any of the current squad pushing for a move, especially if we get champs league.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

But did we sell them through choice, I suspect not it was because the players themselves wanted to leave because they were clubs that offered them a step up, more money, a better chance of success.

I don't think our intention is to be a selling club I think is more a testimony to our recruitment and player development.

I wasn't claiming that we are a selling club, just stating the reasons I believe that our players are constantly linked with moves away. If we didn't sell a player a season then we wouldn't be able to sign the players we have. That doesn't mean we are a selling club, it means we are a smart one.

• Like 1

WE DON'T NEED TO SELL!  Our club managers are savvy business folks. If we don't need to sell anyone its simple - we won't. We can play games too if thats was the biggies want to do to unsettle our squad. Anytime someone comes sniffing around we just throw a ridiculous price tag at them (like a messi one). they soon will scowl away. Rogers has to instill belief and loyalty in his players that their at Leicester on merit and purpose. Its a mission and they have to be successful completing it or it will mean nothing for their careers. Fofana is the young one I worry about to make sure we keep isolated from prying eyes and whispers. He needs to help us accomplish something great this season than he can start to maybe think about his distant future.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

I maybe getting on a bit now .., but what’s the relevance of typing in this manner? Other than just being dumb? Lol

My understanding is that it is aping the supposed appalling grammatical/intellectual ability of the people that say this sort of thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shailen said:

Just Jamie redknapp saying he'll break the record for the most expensive defender when he leaves us. Even if so, can't be bad having sold the two most expensive defenders ever. 

No-one takes any notice of him anyway.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

My understanding is that it is aping the supposed appalling grammatical/intellectual ability of the people that say this sort of thing.

Surely this dilutes the ability to recognise their intellectual ability now.

Under the guise of “aping” is he mocking or full on tard?

3 hours ago, shailen said:

Just Jamie redknapp saying he'll break the record for the most expensive defender when he leaves us. Even if so, can't be bad having sold the two most expensive defenders ever. 

Who is the second most expensive then that we’ve sold? 

It's also very healthy to sell, to keep the squad refreshed, prevent dressing rooms being taken over by prima-donnas, inject fresh ideas and energy. As long as it's done in an organised way it's a good thing. Imagine if Chilwell and Maguire were here there'd be no excitement over the emergence of say Luke Thomas, the acquisition of Wesley Fofanaa, James Justin, Timothy Castagne... in the absence of trophies it keeps things exciting.

• Like 1

After 5 continuous years of losing a star player for vast amounts of money... I've become quite used to it now, but also in the back of my mind, rubbing my hands together waiting for the next sucker to come along an have their pants down.

I mean we have a stadium expansion to pay for. We've been able to not only sell players for ridiculous amounts but with that money in, we've been able to reinvest and recruit even better players continually...

I'm starting to come to the point where I look at all the other Top 6 clubs and think who wants to give us 100 million?

I think the thing is - we have great players, yet the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. If we can retain our management and structures, the team will keep growing in strength if we can not bleed too many players at once. We've sold Maguire and Chilwell in the last 2 years, yet who could make the argument that we're now a weaker team/squad?

• Like 1

I think we will continue to lose players. They can earn vast amounts more than we can pay them and they’d still consider other clubs to be more capable of CL qualification and winning trophies. 

I think we did see a dip in form when Kante left. We also lost a lot of creativity when Mahrez moved on, but we’ve recovered in time. Maguire and Chilwell were masterstrokes in terms of selling players for over inflated prices and replacing them with better. 

I do worry, however, about how sustainable this will be in the long term and that we’ll get caught out at some point. How long can we continue to lose an expensive asset and still manage to evolve and improve the squad. It’s remarkable really. 

No doubt our growth will be defined by how well we do this alongside growing our brand and commercial revenues in the long term. We’re in a great place now, but can we continue to grow or have we already peaked? 

21 hours ago, casablancas said:

Maybe I’m  getting on a bit now .., but what’s the relevance of typing in this manner? Other than just being dumb? Lol

It came from a meme posted on Twitter years ago which became known as "Mocking SpongeBob". Basically you make an inane statement using said typeface which characterises the opinion you're against, then post this picture of SpongeBob Squarepants along with it to complete the comment.

ac3ba57ac1e4bcb9df1f7cf2156b6b37.png

Some people take their passion for all of this very seriously . . .

234.jpg

495.jpg

• Haha 1

Thing is, who goes this summer? We've tended to try and preemptively replace players a few times recently - Benkovic and Soyuncu signed before Maguire went for example. 

With all the others that have gone there was always a sense they were on the way out long before they actually went. I don't feel that with any of the players currently. And if we do manage top 4, who'd want to leave?  

Fofana - way too early

Soyuncu - missed too many games this year, don't think he'll have many suitors

Ricardo - as above

Ndidi - so crucial to how we play and no replacements lined up

Maddison - seems to love it here and recognises the development he's getting

Tielemans - as above

Barnes - We've not even sorted out the other wing yet, why would we let him go? Especially with him now covering Vardy for goals.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Talking of pants down sales we’ve made how about Danny Drinkwater? Now on loan to Krapsonspor fighting for survival in the Turkish superliga. That particular grass on the other side wasn’t greener but dead

Imagine him in those Turkish baths chatting a girl up and then getting hoofed out by her boyfriend with a black eye.

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

After 5 continuous years of losing a star player for vast amounts of money... I've become quite used to it now, but also in the back of my mind, rubbing my hands together waiting for the next sucker to come along an have their pants down.

I mean we have a stadium expansion to pay for. We've been able to not only sell players for ridiculous amounts but with that money in, we've been able to reinvest and recruit even better players continually...

I'm starting to come to the point where I look at all the other Top 6 clubs and think who wants to give us 100 million?

I'm starting to think we already are a top 6 club and should only be selling players for £100mil to PSG or Barca.

• Like 2