Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

You should just all google the: “Horse Shoe Theory” of political science

 

Thank you 

 

Or, nuts idea, go back to talking about football?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Ashley Roberts, 

Ashley judd

Ashley graham

all girls 

 

and Ashley peacock he had a voice like a girl 😂

I wouldn't call Ashley Banjo a big girl to his face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

 

Well there are many historians who argue the Nazi's were actually left wing....

 

We should probably get back on topic. lol 

 

I can't see Chillwell going anywhere

Well, Ben better well get himself to the left wing or Brendan will drop him for sure.. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ashley's not really a girls name is it, really.

 

IIRC, in Britain it's mainly considered a male name, in America it's a female name ... Morgan have the same deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 15/11/2019 at 14:11, Clever Fox said:

I  thought Pep was the  Messiah.

At least that's how he's portrayed by the Media. 

Messiah or not, I believe he's going to be crucified in spring!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 13:55, KingsX said:

A statement you see over and over again on Red Café is “why does every player we buy immediately turn to shit”.  The majority peak in their performance just before they move to Man U -- because its management is chaotic and not football-oriented.  It’s set up to maximize financial resources; the human resources on the pitch are just thrown out there as brand names.

 

I don’t think you can have this discussion without recognizing that fact.  Players will certainly consider it -- agents have recently been quoted saying so.  A more mercenary type of player will go anyway.  Others may wait for a move more suitable to them.

The answer to their question is that players need to be maintained.

 

A bit like a sports engine, if you dont maintain it, it will lose performance and may break down.

 

Their current strategy seems to be to look for players in smaller clubs doing well near top of table and to poach them, then they seem to be expecting these players to carry on as they were, even though they play a different system, have different coaching, and a different type of team.  They dont appear to be looking for players to fit their specific system, or willing to develop players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Their current strategy seems to be to look for players in smaller clubs doing well near top of table and to poach them, then they seem to be expecting these players to carry on as they were, even though they play a different system, have different coaching, and a different type of team.  They dont appear to be looking for players to fit their specific system, or willing to develop players

Brilliantly put. They're taking talented players at club where the system played is to utilise their strengths. They see the player performing well and assume they'll slot in perfectly to their own side. Without taking into account what they're actually buying and the system they want to play. 

 

Look at Maguire, United took the defender grabbing headlines rather than the rock next to him, helping him to make the headlines. They've dropped him in and expected him to lead, which wasn't his main role with us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 08:33, Chrysalis said:

The answer to their question is that players need to be maintained.

 

A bit like a sports engine, if you dont maintain it, it will lose performance and may break down.

 

Their current strategy seems to be to look for players in smaller clubs doing well near top of table and to poach them, then they seem to be expecting these players to carry on as they were, even though they play a different system, have different coaching, and a different type of team.  They dont appear to be looking for players to fit their specific system, or willing to develop players.

Quite. Anyone can splash the cash on "names" but unless you are looking to rebuild a side around a particular type of player then the real skill is finding the ones that will blend, or can be developed, into the system and style, and just as importantly, into the ethos of the club. This is the problem with the likes of Man Utd, and Arsenal, there is no strong leadership or defined "way" at present and some of these big money players come with big egos and think that they can basically do what they like rather than buckling down and taking direction from the coaching staff. We on other hand, look like a squad that is together, knows their jobs and understand that it is a team game, and trust in the manager and his coaches to steer them in the right direction. OK so not every young player with potential makes the grade, but then again look at all the so called superstars who have failed to impress in the PL. A true dedicated scouting system will always win out over simply going out and buying whoever is flavour of the month for big money. The problem is the fans of some of these clubs do not have the patience and assume that big bucks will always buy success (which it can do of course, but it still has to be the right blend of players).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2019 at 16:01, Manwell Pablo said:

 

Well there are many historians who argue the Nazi's were actually left wing....

 

We should probably get back on topic. lol 

 

I can't see Chillwell going anywhere

The only historians arguing that are bad ones who don't understand politics or have a vested interest in defending alt-right ideologies.

 

On 13/12/2019 at 16:49, ARM1968 said:

They were left wing - an inconvenient truth dropped like a potato masher by the current left. Oh, add in the communists under Stalin and perhaps throw a few other into the Pol Pot and you start to see that the left are guilty of most of the evils in the world. Not all though, Man Utd are guilty of the others. 

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/09/05/were-nazis-socialists/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extreme left and extreme right are pretty much the same thing. Think of it as a sphere rather than a flat surface. 

 

Having said that I think the media will go hard on us selling Ricardo and Chilwell in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Extreme left and extreme right are pretty much the same thing. Think of it as a sphere rather than a flat surface. 

 

Having said that I think the media will go hard on us selling Ricardo and Chilwell in January.

i think they have probably realised that there is little point now…… people will only click if they think its worth opening and linking lcfc players in January is pretty pointless given our current lofty position. none of the other clubs forums are mentioning our players now - they realise it wont happen. i expect the msm to concentrate elsewhere now …...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2019 at 13:14, Manwell Pablo said:

Ashley's not really a girls name is it, really.

In Thailand it could be anything 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2019 at 11:49, ARM1968 said:

They were left wing - an inconvenient truth dropped like a potato masher by the current left. Oh, add in the communists under Stalin and perhaps throw a few other into the Pol Pot and you start to see that the left are guilty of most of the evils in the world. Not all though, Man Utd are guilty of the others. 

It's almost as if you had to make this point so badly (in a thread about the media and our players) that you just don't care how wrong you really were about the first part of your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come lazy left bashing is now OK even in the football section? I avoid all the politics to prevent conflict and I'm rewarded with this crap. Please can it all be removed, out of respect for those that disagree? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The_77 said:

It's almost as if you had to make this point so badly (in a thread about the media and our players) that you just don't care how wrong you really were about the first part of your post.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Snopes?  Ahh, ok. 

Read the mood of the thread.  If you really want to discuss rewriting history then start a thread for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Read the mood of the thread.  If you really want to discuss rewriting history then start a thread for it.

Revisionism isn’t my thing. Not bothered enough to start a thread. Thanks though, I understand. Snopes though, really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Media working hard on the details of the transfer of Ricardo to Spurs for us. 

Wrong thread, mate. :ph34r:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...