Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

57 minutes ago, ktfox59 said:

Savage is full of sh1t. Always comes across as very bit6er towards Leicester. Could be wrong but weren't we the only club he won anything with. But just a little twat.

54 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Na savage is an utter ****, showed his true colours at derby, he is just a little slithering worm 

Yes we were, only thing resembling a major trophy anyway.

Savage showed his true colours when he ran across A stand full of our fans kissing the Birmingham City badge. 

Makes me cringe every time he tries to pass himself as some sort of Leicester favourite old boy. I think I can count the number of ex players i dislike more on one  hand (he’s not quite in the Dennis wise, Alan Rogers league)

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Arsenal should go all out for Brendan Rodgers as they risk falling further into mediocrity

After sacking Unai Emery following a woeful run of results in all competitions, Arsenal are biding their time as the search for a new manager continues.

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has emerged as an early favourite for the vacant job at the Emirates Stadium after shining in the Premier League at the King Power Stadium, but it looks like Arsenal may miss out on their man.

After making the wrong appointment in Emery and falling even further behind their Premier League rivals - with Champions League qualification already looking a million miles away - the Gunners know their next move must be the right one.

Here, Sportsmail takes a look at why Arsenal should be going all out for the Northern Irishman, who has got the Foxes dreaming of a Champions League spot... 

Brendan Rodgers is firmly on Arsenal's radar after shining with Leicester in the Premier League

Brendan Rodgers is firmly on Arsenal's radar after shining with Leicester in the Premier League

Arsenal are searching patiently for a new manager after sacking Unai Emery last Friday

Arsenal are searching patiently for a new manager after sacking Unai Emery last Friday

DEADLY ATTACKING PLAYING STYLE

Arsenal became synonymous with their free-flowing football under legendary manager Arsene Wenger, winning supporters from across the globe who fell in love with their style of play. The north London outfit appointed Emery as they looked to shore up their fragile defence while upholding their scintillating attacking play.

However, under the Spaniard - especially during the latter period of his reign, Arsenal's football became dull and predictable as they opted for a more cautious approach by sitting in and trying to catch their opponents on the counter-attack.

In Rodgers, Leicester have become one of the most feared attacking units in the Premier League, scoring the second highest amount of goals so far with 33 from just 14 matches - with Jamie Vardy leading the way.

As well as getting Vardy thriving again, Rodgers is also getting the best out of creative young talents James Maddison and Youri Tielemans in midfield despite their lack of real experience playing at the highest level. 

And a key cog of Rodgers' style at the King Power Stadium is their rampaging full-backs. Arguably only Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson are outperforming Ricardo Pereira and Ben Chilwell on the flanks so far this season.

The 46-year-old manager has picked up the shattered pieces left by Claude Puel and got Leicester firing on all cylinders. They have a serious threat from all over the park and if he was to take the reigns at Arsenal, you would imagine him to do the same - especially with the likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Matteo Guendouzi, Hector Bellerin and Kieran Tierney, who he coached at Celtic, at his disposal.

The likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette could thrive under Rodgers

The likes of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette could thrive under Rodgers

CLEAR LONG-TERM VISION

It can't be understated just how much Arsenal need to get this next appointment spot on in terms of their future. If they miss the boat again, they could fall further into mediocrity... but if they get it right, they could finally get back among Europe's elite.

The Gunners, now with Raul Sanllehi and Edu making the big decision instead of Ivan Gazidis, need a manager who will implement a clear long-term vision that can have a lasting impact after the next man leaves. 

Emery's spell left no legacy after Wenger's remarkable reign, with no clear footballing philosophy, players ageing and star men out of contract - including Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette. 

Arsenal are in a hugely confused mess and the loose pieces need picking up. And Rodgers has shown he has the credentials to plan for the future at the Emirates. He can create a long-term identity with youngsters at the very heart of the success. 

Maddison (23), Tielemans (22), Chilwell (23), Harvey Barnes (21) and Caglar Soyuncu (23) are at the very heartbeat of Leicester's surge up the Premier League table and have become some of the most sought-after players in English football thanks to the tutelage of Rodgers and the confidence he has instilled in them. 

It has been a long time since Arsenal fans truly got excited about their team. Short term solutions aren't the answer right now, the club need the foundations to be built again so that they can eventually fight for the biggest honours in European football.

The Northern Irishman has worked wonders with the likes of James Maddison at Leicester

The Northern Irishman has worked wonders with the likes of James Maddison at Leicester

IT'S A RESULTS BUSINESS 

When Rodgers was appointed Leicester boss on February 26, 2019, he took over a team that were sitting 12th in the Premier League after losing five of their last six matches. Fast forward to the end of last season and Leicester finished ninth, just five points behind Wolves, who clinched the final Europa League spot. 

And now less than seven months on, the Foxes are incredibly second in the English top-flight, above reigning champions Manchester City and eight points off pace-setters Liverpool. Before the season, they dreamed of breaking up the top six, not the top two...

As well as scoring the second most amount of goals in the Premier League, they have also conceded the fewest goals - just nine from 14 matches. Rodgers' side have shown ruthlessness in both attack and defence.

He has in fact enjoyed huge success wherever he's been, despite getting the sack at Liverpool back in 2015. After forming a deadly front three of Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling, he nearly led the Reds to their first ever Premier League title in the 2013-14 season.

But after leaving Liverpool, Rodgers went on to conquer Scottish football, winning all seven domestic titles available with Celtic. During his two and a half years with the club, he also qualified twice for the Champions League group stage and guided them to ridiculous 69-game unbeaten run.

With Arsenal already seven points off the top four and in huge danger already of missing out on the Champions League yet again, they desperately need a winner who can come in and change their fortunes around.

Leicester are defying the odds under Rodgers, they sit second in the league after 14 games

Leicester are defying the odds under Rodgers, they sit second in the league after 14 games

WEALTH OF PREMIER LEAGUE EXPERIENCE 

Arsenal's exhaustive managerial shortlist consists of plenty of exciting names, including the likes of Mikel Arteta, Patrick Vieira, Max Allegri, Nuno Espirito Santo, Carlo Ancelotti and even former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino.

But other than Nuno and Pochettino, none come close to Rodgers in terms of Premier League experience. Yes, Ancelotti managed Chelsea but we have to rewind eight years when that was the case. 

The Gunners, especially with the season in full swing already, require a manager who can come in straight away and hit the ground running in a league which they know the ins and outs of.

And with his recent success in England, especially managing at a huge Premier League club like Liverpool in the past, none are better placed than the Northern Irishman to lead a team that has seen their mentality slaughtered down the years. 

Unless they bring in a serial winner, it's more than risky business for Arsenal to hire a manager with no Premier League experience under his belt as they continue to quickly fall further behind the pace.

Rodgers has a wealth of Premier League experience, and nearly led Liverpool to title in 2014

Rodgers has a wealth of Premier League experience, and nearly led Liverpool to title in 2014

A CHARISMATIC BOSS... WHO CAN GET EVERYONE ON HIS SIDE

A major reason for Emery's downfall at the Emirates was his failure to converse with his players, as well as the supporters. With next to no grasp of English when he moved to London, it was always going to be difficult for the Spaniard to get his message across.

Sportsmail also revealed last week that key members of the playing squad were happy to see the back of Emery, having grown sick of his stale tactics and odd team selections. So it's massive that the next manager grows a strong relationship with his players, as well as the wider audience. 

And Sportsmail understands one of the key traits the club want in their new full-time boss is the ability to communicate charismatically through the media, just like Wenger did time and time again.

And Rodgers, who has won the hearts of everyone at Leicester in the space of just 10 months, would be confident of getting that positive spirit back at the Emirates.

Over recent years, Arsenal has become a club of turmoil with fans turning on managers and players that have been underperforming. But if Rodgers could come in and implement an exciting attacking style quickly, then he could just get everyone on side and unite the club as a whole. 

However, the question on everyone's lips - would Rodgers want to abandon ship at high-flying Leicester for a team in danger of losing their place among England's best sides? It would be a very bold decision to make...

Rodgers could be the man to reunite Arsenal after a fractious couple of years in north London

Rodgers could be the man to reunite Arsenal after a fractious couple of years in north London

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7750635/Arsenal-Brendan-Rodgers-risk-falling-mediocrity.html

Not only Arsenal fans want their club to get Brendan Rodgers but on TalkSport this morning some Manchester United fans have said their board should go out and get him at all costs Along with half our team it appears everyone wants everything we have got. When will it end?  

1 hour ago, richieboy said:

Not only Arsenal fans want their club to get Brendan Rodgers but on TalkSport this morning some Manchester United fans have said their board should go out and get him at all costs Along with half our team it appears everyone wants everything we have got. When will it end?  

Not certain many Man U fans would want an ex Liverpool manager

On 29/11/2019 at 20:54, Manwell Pablo said:

Yes we were, only thing resembling a major trophy anyway.

Savage showed his true colours when he ran across A stand full of our fans kissing the Birmingham City badge. 

Makes me cringe every time he tries to pass himself as some sort of Leicester favourite old boy. I think I can count the number of ex players i dislike more on one  hand (he’s not quite in the Dennis wise, Alan Rogers league)

On 5Live on Sunday he was trying to play innocent of "you booed me at Derby!" like no shit you sign for a rival club what do you expect? 

On 29/11/2019 at 15:46, urban.spaceman said:

Err dont they have to get permission first and without a cast iron guarantee that they would be willing to pay any compo up front lump sum they will be told to do one, swiftly followed by Rodgers telling them to go take a look at all the interviews he has just given saying he is not interested in going anywhere

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Err dont they have to get permission first and without a cast iron guarantee that they would be willing to pay any compo up front lump sum they will be told to do one, swiftly followed by Rodgers telling them to go take a look at all the interviews he has just given saying he is not interested in going anywhere

Also, that was days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst what Murphy says is annoyingly true; I am sick of this narrative in English football. The minute a player from a non-Top 6 team performs well or their team does well and breaks into those European places; instantly the best players need to move to top 6 teams. 

I'm sick of hearing that the only way player X will improve is by moving teams. It just isn't always the case. 

Teams are now breaking and challenging the top 6 more frequently, I'm just praying the "big 6" is at an end. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Whilst what Murphy says is annoyingly true; I am sick of this narrative in English football. The minute a player from a non-Top 6 team performs well or their team does well and breaks into those European places; instantly the best players need to move to top 6 teams. 

I'm sick of hearing that the only way player X will improve is by moving teams. It just isn't always the case. 

Teams are now breaking and challenging the top 6 more frequently, I'm just praying the "big 6" is at an end. 

Unfortunately what he is saying is true. He's stating the bleeding obvious. 

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's also annoying as everyone keeps tossing off over Wolves and how good they are but yet don't see them touting their players to other clubs. Its been the same ever since we won the league. Before that we weren't really used to it as the "big clubs" never wanted the likes of De Vries and Maybury. Not sure why. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I remember when Jeff Schlupp went to Manure on trail he says it was the worst experience of his life, and would not have signed for them. treated like an outcast by others, so for me some players will sometimes stick where they are if the cameraderie is there.:schlupp:

30 minutes ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately what he is saying is true. He's stating the bleeding obvious. 

It's not though really is it. 

Kante and Drinkwater went to Chelsea who were competing for titles, Mahrez went to Man City to win the league with the world's most famous coach. 

Maguire is the only player we've lost to United and look how that's worked out for him. Who the hell is going to line up to follow him having seen what's happened? 

Players want to play in the Champions League. If United can't offer that there's only so far United being "massive" gets them. 

If United finally recover, get a good manager and turn back in to a guaranteed top four contender then yes our players would probably still be interested even if we're also "top four."

But now? 

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

It's not though really is it. 

Kante and Drinkwater went to Chelsea who were competing for titles, Mahrez went to Man City to win the league with the world's most famous coach. 

Maguire is the only player we've lost to United and look how that's worked out for him. Who the hell is going to line up to follow him having seen what's happened? 

Players want to play in the Champions League. If United can't offer that there's only so far United being "massive" gets them. 

If United finally recover, get a good manager and turn back in to a guaranteed top four contender then yes our players would probably still be interested even if we're also "top four."

But now? 

Kante left the reigning champions to join 10th place Chelsea. Granted they recovered but how was Kante to know that? 

Who's up say United wont recover in a year or two. Unfortunately they can keep throwing money at it until something works, and that's probably what Maguire thought - and what Maddison thinks as well.

As with everything in life, what someone like Maddison wants to do depends on priorities.  United are a bigger club than Leicester, no question. They can also pay more money (Maguire doubled his salary, and he was on more than Maddison to start with). But Leicester are a better team right now and, I believe, will be for the next 3-4 years at least as United need a complete overhaul. 

So if you want more money you go to United. I'd you want to play for a bigger club you go to United. And if you want to play in a bigger stadium every week you go to United. 

But, if you want to play in a great team you stay at Leicester. If you want to have a club build a team around you you stay at Leicester. If you want to have a better chance of winning things you stay at Leicester. And if you want to play Champions League you stay at Leicester. 

Decisions decisions!!

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Has anyone actually asked Maddison his opinion yet? No? 

As you were, then. 

Why ask for his opinion when we have mind readers on here.

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kante left the reigning champions to join 10th place Chelsea. Granted they recovered but how was Kante to know that? 

Who's up say United wont recover in a year or two. Unfortunately they can keep throwing money at it until something works, and that's probably what Maguire thought - and what Maddison thinks as well.

15 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

As with everything in life, what someone like Maddison wants to do depends on priorities.  United are a bigger club than Leicester, no question. They can also pay more money (Maguire doubled his salary, and he was on more than Maddison to start with). But Leicester are a better team right now and, I believe, will be for the next 3-4 years at least as United need a complete overhaul. 

So if you want more money you go to United. I'd you want to play for a bigger club you go to United. And if you want to play in a bigger stadium every week you go to United. 

But, if you want to play in a great team you stay at Leicester. If you want to have a club build a team around you you stay at Leicester. If you want to have a better chance of winning things you stay at Leicester. And if you want to play Champions League you stay at Leicester. 

Decisions decisions!!

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but I think both are posts are correct but I would say, regarding the highlighted the points above

1. Because it was likely

2. History says these statements are untrue

History dictates the traditional big clubs win things.

History also dictates that even after a period of not winning thing, they return to winning things.

The ONLY reason to stay at Leicester is if he feels his enjoyment and the environment outweighs endless cash and notoriety.

To paint any other picture is being disingenuous.

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

History dictates the traditional big clubs win things.

History also dictates that even after a period of not winning thing, they return to winning things.

I think this is the Big 6 fallacy. Everyone thinks they are permanent, but they are not. In the 80s (yes, football existed before the EPL 😁) there was a Big 5. Everton were in it. Man City and Chelsea were not. You get the point. 

I think (and it's only an opinion) that Leicester are on the cusp of changing things.  Even if that's wrong, I think Leicester have a better chance of being in the CL next year and the year after than Man Utd do. Let's hope that's JM's priority - and that he agrees with me 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Sean2000 said:

I think this is the Big 6 fallacy. Everyone thinks they are permanent, but they are not. In the 80s (yes, football existed before the EPL 😁) there was a Big 5. Everton were in it. Man City and Chelsea were not. You get the point. 

I think (and it's only an opinion) that Leicester are on the cusp of changing things.  Even if that's wrong, I think Leicester have a better chance of being in the CL next year and the year after than Man Utd do. Let's hope that's JM's priority - and that he agrees with me 🤣

Hence my second point :)