Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

The ‘Media Trying To Sell Our Players Again’ Thread

“There’ll be no-one leaving in January. Categorically.

“I’m sure if we speak (to the hierarchy), they will have the same message.

“I speak regularly with Jon and Top. It’s very clear we want to speak this squad together. We want to ensure they stay around beyond January.”

“We’ve had a look at one of two areas that we want to strengthen.

“I speak with the recruitment team a lot. It’s an attractive proposition to come to here.

“If the right player is available, I’m sure the club will do everything they can. There will be plenty of players to come here.”

^ From Rodgers' press conference today.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

“There’ll be no-one leaving in January. Categorically.

“I’m sure if we speak (to the hierarchy), they will have the same message.

“I speak regularly with Jon and Top. It’s very clear we want to speak this squad together. We want to ensure they stay around beyond January.”

“We’ve had a look at one of two areas that we want to strengthen.

“I speak with the recruitment team a lot. It’s an attractive proposition to come to here.

“If the right player is available, I’m sure the club will do everything they can. There will be plenty of players to come here.”

^ From Rodgers' press conference today.

Did it need saying? It's blindingly obvious to anyone, other than the people wanting to write headlines the you wouldn't be able to buy our players in January. 

• Like 3

The irony is that the more these player's are talked up, the less likely they are to go in my opinion. All the media coverage does is increase demand which given the limited supply means an increase in price to the point where very few or only the foolish will pay the fees required to prise our key assets away. If anything I think we should be encouraging these pundits to talk more. 

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

There's probably some unknown player in a minor league somewhere in the world who's just as good as Maddison but is worth nothing because no-one knows about him.

Then again, Leicester’s Scouting Division have proven one of the best at finding them

Edited by Sianist

I think one aspect of all this people are overlooking, especially in regards to Madison going to Man United, is the fact that the player is so confident he will look at their situation and think I can turn it round, I'm that good. And he'll be paid 170k a week or so to do so. We just have to hope he is happy here and wants to achieve something with us. In the Summer, obviously he's going nowhere next month.

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot
Add info

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Way i see it is, if maddison or chillwell or whoever are being touted around in the media, their value is basically going up, which gives us a higher value as a club as they are assets, which in turn allows us to spend more. Whether they go or not is inconsquential, as they would go anyway if they wanted and their value wouldn't be as high if they were not in the media. There's probably some unknown player in a minor league somewhere in the world who's just as good as Maddison but is worth nothing because no-one knows about him.

There is and always will be hidden gems tbh. It's just needing the scouts to find them. Vardy and Mahrez is our evidence of that. 

5 hours ago, BlueBrett said:

It's not really irrelevant though unfortunately. The players' perceptions do matter and player power is still a thing. If someone wants to force a move they can. See Mahrez 

The perception from within the club and outside, is that of a club now looking to compete in the top 4.

mahrez is a different case, we was a mid table club without a philosophy and changing managers at the drop of a hat, when he wanted out.

it took him ages to get his wish, and back then our squad couldn’t attract players like tielemans or praet, it’s the complete opposite now as we are an attractive club with big ambitions and a brilliant manager. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Did it need saying? It's blindingly obvious to anyone, other than the people wanting to write headlines the you wouldn't be able to buy our players in January. 

Well I, for one, am delighted he spelt it out in no uncertain terms. Just as I was when he signed his new contract. It’s both comforting to the fans and a further reinforcement of our message to the big clubs - and their media acolytes, not to mention the general public - that Leicester City mean business and are not to be messed with.

The forums are delving deep into the squad. Over in LuvVARapool they are suggesting buying Vardy at any cost in January to nobble us. Chelsea way it seems Chilwell is destined to play for them because they have a shit defence. Arsenal well its Soyu and Ndidi to help them out. Spurs and Man U seem to be fighting over Maddison. Just as well Matty James may be coming back from injury soon, no one is going to want him. 

I think come summer time when Sky and the like start photoshopping Chilwell in Chelsea's kit the club should reply to those tweets with photoshops of their own, showing the braindead pundit class at rival networks, citing unnamed sources. Fire with fire.

42 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Just watched that danny Murphy interview on sky sports debate talking about Maddison etc. 

A clear lack of research and the same old cliches being used. Disappointing but not surprising. 

You watch sky sports and expect otherwise?

why?

10 minutes ago, Sianist said:

You watch sky sports and expect otherwise?

why?

In a thread labelled ‘media trying to sell our players’ I found it to be relevant.

Sky Sports do talk some rubbish sometimes but they do have some good pundits too, some excellent coverage is posted on there frequently.