Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Brighton 0-2 Leicester City - Vote Now

Brighton 0-2 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.1

Total Average Rating

159 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Çağlar Söyüncü 8.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Youri Tielemans 6.2
  4. Manager Confidence 98% 0%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 23/11/19
Voting Ends: 28/11/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Ayoze Pérez
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Wes Morgan (sub)
  13. Dennis Praet (sub)
  14. Demarai Gray (sub)

• Like 1

Soyuncu nicking MOTM from Vardy 9s

Chilwell great game.. 8

Barnes linked well with the above... 7

Kasper, Ricardo, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison & Perez... 6

Very flat and quiet game at times, a good few players were below the normal ‘excellent’ today but we managed a great result...

Rodgers is the man... 

11 points from safety.. :scarf:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Soyuncu nicking MOTM from Vardy 9s

Chilwell great game.. 8

Barnes linked well with the above... 7

Kasper, Ricardo, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison & Perez... 6

Very flat and quiet game at times, a good few players were below the normal ‘excellent’ today but we managed a great result...

Rodgers is the man... 

11 points from safety.. :scarf:

I think I watched a different game. From my armchair Barnes achieved nothing, Kasper didn't have to make a save all game, Ricardo and Evans were immense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Barnes was great in the first half, creating Maddison’s shot and having his own shot narrowly pushed away. Perez less so and was wasteful but he did score our first. Gray deserves a mention for creating our much needed second goal. Youri was quiet but his passing as ever was excellent and Maddison the better of the two. Chilwell was back on form and Ricardo is never not in form. Motm is tied between Vardy and Cags for me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Based in the second half only , ,Perez, as per, was the weak link.

Before his goal courtesy of Vardy's superb run and cross, fluffed a breakaway, fluffed a chance and gave the ball away on the right.

I agree, poor and ineffectual but he suddenly gets forgiven because of his goal.

• Haha 1

Guest An Sionnach
9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree, poor and ineffectual but he suddenly gets forgiven because of his goal.

We have to stick with the Barnes , Vardy , Perez front three , they are showing signs of reading each other now. Vardy needs support and we have few other options. Barnes and Perez have to be more than just wide players, they need to turn up centrally as well and give Maddison and Tielmans a target for a chance creating pass.

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We have to stick with the Barnes , Vardy , Perez front three , they are showing signs of reading each other now. Vardy needs support and we have few other options. Barnes and Perez have to be more than just wide players, they need to turn up centrally as well and give Maddison and Tielmans a target for a chance creating pass.

We don't have to slavishly stick to anything through lack of options. Gray or Albrighton for me would appear to be worth a start, the former in particular has made something happen in each of his small cameo appearances. 

There is a tendency to plump for the don't change a winning team mantra but if there's potential room for improvement then it should perhaps be tried. How would Perez be if he came off the bench. For me, when things have stalled, it's been the introduction of Gray and Praet that's made a vast difference. What would it be like if they actually started?

For me, the only reason Perez is being persisted with is because he's absolutely a Rodgers signing and an overpriced costly one at that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

We don't have to slavishly stick to anything through lack of options. Gray or Albrighton for me would appear to be worth a start, the former in particular has made something happen in each of his small cameo appearances. 

There is a tendency to plump for the don't change a winning team mantra but if there's potential room for improvement then it should perhaps be tried. How would Perez be if he came off the bench. For me, when things have stalled, it's been the introduction of Gray and Praet that's made a vast difference. What would it be like if they actually started?

For me, the only reason Perez is being persisted with is because he's absolutely a Rodgers signing and an overpriced costly one at that.

Denis Praet is a formidable back up for Maddison and Tielmans and could force his way into the starting line up soon. I love Mark, he has been a superb player for this club but to me both he and Gray are one dimensional players. Perez and Barnes do need to take more chances but they are more versatile, capable of playing either side or centrally and its their potential to interchange with Vardy that could unlock the tightest defence.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

We are aware that both Perez and Rodgers have both come out an suggested that Perez is still developing out wide right. For Newcastle he played more centrally and often a little deeper. Give him time. Both he and Barnes are gelling with the King of Leicester. 

I do feel for Demi though. His performances over the last month have been good. Shame he’s coasted the last three years. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

I think Gray is making a bigger contribution now than for along while , he is known for being somewhat blinkered in his style but when he comes on his trickery and running with ball changes things up for us . At least he is getting praise on here now instead of getting his arse kicked all the while.

5 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

My main question is what does Brendan Rodgers have to do to get 100% manager confidence?

Somehow keep winning and hope Liverpool lose the 8-point gap? Maybe not allow any bitter Celtic fans on here to vote? :crylaugh:

It allows berks to talk about Puel again. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, casablancas said:

We are aware that both Perez and Rodgers have both come out an suggested that Perez is still developing out wide right. For Newcastle he played more centrally and often a little deeper. Give him time. Both he and Barnes are gelling with the King of Leicester. 

I do feel for Demi though. His performances over the last month have been good. Shame he’s coasted the last three years. 

I think you'll find that he played the majority of his games for Newcastle out on the right and not centrally, I too thought that like you. Somewhere on here someone did their homework and apparently it wasn't the case so he should be used to playing there already. However, in fairness, there's quite a bit of difference in what would be expected by Benetez and Rodgers.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you'll find that he played the majority of his games for Newcastle out on the right and not centrally, I too thought that like you. Somewhere on here someone did their homework and apparently it wasn't the case so he should be used to playing there already. However, in fairness, there's quite a bit of difference in what would be expected by Benetez and Rodgers.

Fair enough mate. I just don’t get a lot of the shite he gets from our fans. I mean he’s plying his trade in an extremely different set up and no big man up to which he was used to with The  Rondon. We are on fire and he has had a good hand in that.  We have 3 wide forwards really competing for 2 places. I do feel for Gray. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think Gray is making a bigger contribution now than for along while , he is known for being somewhat blinkered in his style but when he comes on his trickery and running with ball changes things up for us . At least he is getting praise on here now instead of getting his arse kicked all the while.

I thought Gray offered more in his 20 minute cameo than Pérez did all game. Gray needs to start soon, he’s offering a real direct threat at the minute.