Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

Vardy is a wiser fox than the media given him credit for.....

I think he says he was a clairvoyant in how he could see where Arsenal were headed.

But unless he had incredible faith in Vichai and Top it seems more luck than judgement: suffering through Ranieri’s second term, Shakespeare and Puel’s cold shoulder.

Out of the three, Kanté and Mahrez won two league titles but Vardy has secured his club legend status. Let’s see how this season progresses.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

Feel sorry for Arsenal fans, TBH, and never thought I'd say it as I used to hate the coots, but they have been ground down by years of underachievement and just accept failure these days with barely a whimper.

What happened to the great entertainer Arsenal teams of the early Wenger era and the relentless winners of the 90s?

You should be coming on here to a Leicester forum giving it the big up you're going to buy Vardy in January but literally nobody would believe it.

I got the feeling arsenal were in for him because he had a release clause and because they could. Rather than making him their number 1 priority and moving heaven and earth ie Man United with Maguire and Man City with Mahrez. I suspect Vardy felt this too as well as reservations regarding the style of play and culture at the club not being a good fit. 

I remember at the time you could get 20/1 on him staying before the booking stopped taking bets and sky sports had cameras at arsenals training ground waiting for his arrival. I felt sick to my stomach. We will never know but I would love to know how it would have planned out had he made the move. I suspect it would have been how the op described but you never know Vardy really is a hell of a footballer. Could have been a great move for Vardy and Arsenal.

I would love to see him win something this year even if it's a league cup it would in some small way justify his decision to stay at Leicester.

Edited by The whole world smiles

He won’t regret it 1 bit imo.

He will join the 100 goal club this season which is a fantastic achievement and he wouldn’t of done it with a club who believes he isn’t the main man.

Also it’s 1 thing to join the 100 club but another to do it in such a short amount of time. Peter Crouch for example made it but did it from goals in seasons 2001/02-2016/17..Vardy will complete it from 2014/15 - 2019/20. Much more impressive feat and including 3(Three!) 20 goal+ seasons, not many strikers have had 3 20+ campaigns(proving he’s a top striker and not a 1 season wonder like James Beattie, Roque Santa Cruz or Benjani like some believed in 16/17 during Ranieris last days).

Hopefully he might add a golden boot(fair chance)? A league cup medal(possible chance?), Taking Leicester into the CL for a 2nd time!!(again proving it was more than a freak season), and maybe just maybe a 2nd league title(ok this is a very remote chance but can you just imagine!?!?)

Overall when he retires in a few seasons , if he achieves some if not most(all!?) of the above, he would of achieved everything he could of dreamed of as a 25 year old semi pro player!

He would hopefully of left Leicester in their best position in our entire history as a top 6 club and already achieved what will be the most incredible season in any year in any sport ever.

the guys legacy will already be complete but he can add to it, through the next 1-2 seasons to enhance his status as an even bigger legend(already there imo).

There should be a statue built of him as well as a stand renamed after him when he retires. LCFC legend for life.

Jamie Vardy, he’s one of of owwwwwwwn!

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1

Vardy’s final home match may be the most sought-after ticket and most saved program at the KP since Everton May 2016.

And -- given the likelihood he will seize the occasion to score a worldie -- among the most vividly remembered, with the respectful exception of tragic events.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

You can't help yourself can you? I don't like Puel, the writing was on the wall and was keen for him to get the chop so it's not as if I loved him or owt but he clearly wasn't awful. It got toxic and all things considered he was underwhelming and deserved to go because we were getting worse but he's not quite Taylor, McClintock or Holloway. He was a terrible fit rather than a terrible manager. He's had a decent career in France so obviously he's not awful. He's gone, we've got a much, much better manager now and let's enjoy it. Really can't see why you drag yourself into debates about it all the time.

Maybe he knows something you don’t? 

And why does it bother you so much? Would it bother you less if he didn’t work for Talksport?

He comes here as a Leicester fan just like the rest of us.

Edited by MPH

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

:nigel:

Genuine question.... Forgetting his man management and communication skills, which quite clearly were shocking. Do you give Puel any credit for giving loads of game time to youngsters like Chillwell when most our fan base wanted Fuchs back in the side?

This link will show he gave the most game time to u23s in the league in his final season. Double that of arsenal in 2nd place at a time when there was a lot of pressure on his position at the club - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47016796

Or any credit for the recruitment during his time? Evans, Caglar, Ricardo Tielemans and Maddison from the current first team all arrived during his tenure. With Tielemans coming from his former club as a player and manager - Monaco and Ricardo stating that one of the reasons he signed was because he had played under Puel before at Nice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Genuine question.... Forgetting his man management and communication skills, which quite clearly were shocking. Do you give Puel any credit for giving loads of game time to youngsters like Chillwell when most our fan base wanted Fuchs back in the side?

This link will show he gave the most game time to u23s in the league in his final season. Double that of arsenal in 2nd place at a time when there was a lot of pressure on his position at the club - https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47016796

Or any credit for the recruitment during his time? Evans, Caglar, Ricardo Tielemans and Maddison from the current first team all arrived during his tenure. With Tielemans coming from his former club as a player and manager - Monaco and Ricardo stating that one of the reasons he signed was because he had played under Puel before at Nice.

Add to that he helped the ‘older’ members of the squad with a more possession based style and the stage was well set for Brendan to bring in the way he wanted to play. he couldn’t have done that immediately post shakey .....

we may have to accept that someone was required to be the fall guy -  to clear out some of the squad and change the way the team was able to play. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The media do give him credit tbh. Lineker, Wright, Shearer etc all love him.

This whole "the media don't like us" think is strange.

I don't think it's about the media not liking us, there is, always has been, and always will be a massive gap in the way the media see and talk about clubs like ours and the "big 6". As annoying as it is, United and Arsenal being shit is more interesting than us being good, hence why these clubs still get the media exposure. We do get more media exposure now but we are still not seen as fashionable as the "big 6" but I've just come to terms with that. It does still wind me up that the media constantly seem to want our players to join the "big 6", especially as 3 of them are absolute shite now, but again, its what sells papers/gets clicks/likes from idiot "big 6" fans who still think their clubs can sign who they want, when they want. And with any team/player, some pundits like you, some don't. Just the way it is. 

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't think it's about the media not liking us, there is, always has been, and always will be a massive gap in the way the media see and talk about clubs like ours and the "big 6". As annoying as it is, United and Arsenal being shit is more interesting than us being good, hence why these clubs still get the media exposure. We do get more media exposure now but we are still not seen as fashionable as the "big 6" but I've just come to terms with that. It does still wind me up that the media constantly seem to want our players to join the "big 6", especially as 3 of them are absolute shite now, but again, its what sells papers/gets clicks/likes from idiot "big 6" fans who still think their clubs can sign who they want, when they want. And with any team/player, some pundits like you, some don't. Just the way it is. 

Big or successful clubs being bad will always be more interesting than small/average clubs being good. Whether it be over a season and a side is shit (such as Manchester United atm) or whether it's a one of game where Norwich beat Manchester City. Expectations are massive at big clubs as they're supposed to win everything.

It's probably always happened.

The "big 6" is a load of shit anyway. Used to be "top 4". But as soon as Manchester City got a lot of money and Spurs turned into a half decent side they had to expand to a 6 but those two aren't as big as the other 4 sides anyway.

Edited by Fox92

20 hours ago, twister said:

Puel is not a awful manager at all

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

:nigel:

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

You can't help yourself can you? Really can't see why you drag yourself into debates about it all the time.

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Do you give Puel any credit

Yes. He did some good stuff.

Sadly for me that was massively outweighed by all the bad stuff.

Why do I drag myself into debates about him? Well when I see people write things which I consider to be bolllocks, I provide a counter view. He frustrated the life out of me by his stubbornness and pissspoor man management, not to mention the garbage home form, tossing off the cups, tactical failings etc. It's not trying to change anyone's opinion of him. Those who think he was good for us will always think he was good for us and vice versa. Look at how a different manager has revitalised pretty much the same set of players, turning us into a slick machine. 

Stories were pouring out from inside the camp (from players and non players) from towards the end of his first season. As journalists, we got these into the public domain. Players were not unhappy that journalists were sharing these. Plenty of fans didn't believe them from behind their blue-tinted specs. Some still don't believe them. 

Puel may be a good manager in certain circumstances but not in English football. It's not as if Southampton fans didn't warn us about the turgid football which lay ahead...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yes. He did some good stuff.

Sadly for me that was massively outweighed by all the bad stuff.

Why do I drag myself into debates about him? Well when I see people write things which I consider to be bolllocks, I provide a counter view. He frustrated the life out of me by his stubbornness and pissspoor man management, not to mention the garbage home form, tossing off the cups, tactical failings etc. It's not trying to change anyone's opinion of him. Those who think he was good for us will always think he was good for us and vice versa. Look at how a different manager has revitalised pretty much the same set of players, turning us into a slick machine. 

Stories were pouring out from inside the camp (from players and non players) from towards the end of his first season. As journalists, we got these into the public domain. Players were not unhappy that journalists were sharing these. Plenty of fans didn't believe them from behind their blue-tinted specs. Some still don't believe them. 

Puel may be a good manager in certain circumstances but not in English football. It's not as if Southampton fans didn't warn us about the turgid football which lay ahead...

Surely if he did some good stuff. He can't be described as an awful manager? Did Peter Taylor do some good stuff? Did Ian Holloway or Martin Allen?

I wasn't his biggest fan and it was definitely the right decision to sack him. I just feel that in blooding all those young players and being involved in some of those truly excellent signings he laid some good foundations which Rodgers has built upon. 

Like most things in life the truth lies somewhere in the middle. An awful communicator and man manger, Who weirdly did a brilliant job transitioning the squad to where it is today.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Puel may be a good manager in certain circumstances but not in English football. 

I think that sums it up fairly and succinctly - I cannot imagine many disagreeing with that violently. (He said naively...)

You write well Geoff, have you thought about a career in journalism?

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, KingsX said:

Vardy’s final home match may be the most sought-after ticket and most saved program at the KP since Everton May 2016.

And -- given the likelihood he will seize the occasion to score a worldie -- among the most vividly remembered, with the respectful exception of tragic events.

oh dear I'll be in trouble then, I paid 1200 for three tickets in the away end that day.