Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea?

Chilwell was left exposed by his teammates today, Mahrez had probably his best game in a Man City shirt, DeBruyne was outstanding and both of them had license to attack our left hand side with Barnes & Maddison admiring them instead of helping England’s left back. 

• Like 2

Yes he was hideously exposed, but the one thing you should never ever allow Mahrez to do is to allow him to switch the ball to his left foot to cut inside and young Ben allowed him to do that time and time again. You’d think that he’d know that. Honestly think Fuchs would have more effective yesterday than Chilwell. He will learn from it though and hopefully it will make him a better player.

Still 2nd and in the Semi Final, we all should be delighted at that. We are still having an amazing season.

Edited by stu
  • Like 3

This is true. In the first half I thought Rodgers needed to tell Chilwell...if your not able to defend Mahrez when he has the ball then you need to stop him getting it. 

Mahrez had his worst games for us when someone was constantly forcing him back to his own goal. 

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Not stirring or anything here but Chilwell really does seem to get a harder time than others on here for some reason. I would have thought the opposite would have been the case given he's home grown as well.  Seemed a really dedicated, grounded lad from that video interview posted the other week as well.

Mahrez when he's in the mood will do that to most left backs in the league, from watching the match I don't think Chilwell not stopping him was the main issue it was the lack of protection from those in front of him, no way should you be letting your full backs be exposed one on one with such regularity.

You've been on here long enough to know what happens, some just seem to get pleasure from criticizing the best squad we've ever had! 

Same with Harvey as well, who I think could be one of the best players we've ever produced.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

You've been on here long enough to know what happens, some just seem to get pleasure from criticizing the best squad we've ever had! 

Same with Harvey as well, who I think could be one of the best players we've ever produced.

If we had a 16yo Lionel Messi here some would be saying we need to loan him out to Rotherham to toughen him up. It's bizarre the assassination of some of the young homegrown players on here. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Not stirring or anything here but Chilwell really does seem to get a harder time than others on here for some reason. I would have thought the opposite would have been the case given he's home grown as well.  Seemed a really dedicated, grounded lad from that video interview posted the other week as well.

Mahrez when he's in the mood will do that to most left backs in the league, from watching the match I don't think Chilwell not stopping him was the main issue it was the lack of protection from those in front of him, no way should you be letting your full backs be exposed one on one with such regularity.

You're spot on. We've got some very odd fans who give our youth players a much harder time. Don't quite get why but it's been like that as long as I can remember.

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

You're spot on. We've got some very odd fans who give our youth players a much harder time. Don't quite get why but it's been like that as long as I can remember.

We’ve also got some odd fans who won’t let you say a bad word about them. So let’s not pretend it’s a one way street here.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gerard said:

If we had a 16yo Lionel Messi here some would be saying we need to loan him out to Rotherham to toughen him up. It's bizarre the assassination of some of the young homegrown players on here. 

I will tell you what I think from reading many posts.

1 - There seems to a drive to push out older players, "they on the decline", "no long term future" etc.

2 - There seems to be a willingness to turn blind eye to issues with younger players "he is just low on confidence", "he just needs that one goal and he will be on fire", "give him time".

For me I dont care about the age so much, just the performance of the player.  However I have observed given the recent issues with our team, that age does have some value, with age you get experience and a tougher mentality.  With youth you get more energy.  Both have their merits.

There is a fair amount of people on here who are almost "obsessed" with having a young team as possible and are "attached" to certain players perhaps because they followed them through the youth teams etc.   Compare the Perez thread to the Barnes thread as an example, both players under performing, but because Barnes came through our youth system he is getting "way" more support.

If one of us on here dare's to say a bad word about a young player we get almost lynched lol.

True. Not entirely one way but pretty damn close.

If we consider the amount of people liking posts I would guesstimate this forum is about 80-90% pro youth.  They dont all post but you can check by the likes the general opinion.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

We aren't going to sell a 22 year old player, who a England regular for 60m, who contacted to 2024. We play harded ball over Mahrez 60m and Maguire for 80m who were both 26.

I can only see him going for a world record fee for a defender. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Sad 1