Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's like when we sold our third best central defender for a world-record fee all over again lol

We probably wouldn't have bought Castagne if Chilwell had stayed and Justin wouldn't have been given this much game time.

But he's probably our 3rd best full-back and he's been outrageous this season. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Usually media take things a tad too far, but can you really argue with much he says there? 

JJ has stepped into Chilwell's shoes almost seamlessly. To not be in the discussion for England would be disrespectful.

His end ball when on the move is arguably better than Chilwell's. We haven't seen his set piece delivery to compare it at all. 

What I do enjoy is how we're mocked as fans for saying Chilwell was our most replaceable player, as we did with Maguire, yet once again we've shown we can do.

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Usually media take things a tad too far, but can you really argue with much he says there? 

JJ has stepped into Chilwell's shoes almost seamlessly. To not be in the discussion for England would be disrespectful.

His end ball when on the move is arguably better than Chilwell's. We haven't seen his set piece delivery to compare it at all. 

What I do enjoy is how we're mocked as fans for saying Chilwell was our most replaceable player, as we did with Maguire, yet once again we've shown we can do.

It’d also earn me a nice little payout. Gone on messer Southgate. Get them gogs on and have a gander 

Guest StevieLynex
6 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Exactly. It's always a shame to lose an important player, but as we've shown, time and time again, we don't have trouble replacing anyone. There's usually big profit in doing so, as well.

How effectively did with replace Mahrez?

8 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

One player we have yet to properly replace... but most we have done really well. Vardy will be just as difficult as mahrez is to replace for sure.

Maguire - Soyuncu

Drinkwater - Tielemans

Kante - Ndidi

Chilwell - James

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

One player we have yet to properly replace... but most we have done really well. Vardy will be just as difficult as mahrez is to replace for sure.

Maguire - Soyuncu

Drinkwater - Tielemans

Kante - Ndidi

Chilwell - James

Everyones surname apart from

Justin?

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

I think we did alright. Not by replacing him directly, but by bringing in Ricardo and Maddison. That is probably the one player we've struggled with, so well done, but the net improvement across the team since Mahrez is good. I'd go as far as to say we've upgraded on nearly all important players we've sold or let go of over the last few years.

Out - In

Simpson - Ricardo/Justin

Chilwell - Castagne/Justin

Drinkwater - Tielemans/Maddison

Kante - Ndidi

Maguire - Soyuncu/Fofana

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think we did alright. Not by replacing him directly, but by bringing in Ricardo and Maddison. That is probably the one player we've struggled with, so well done, but the net improvement across the team since Mahrez is good. I'd go as far as to say we've upgraded on nearly all important players we've sold or let go of over the last few years.

Out - In

Simpson - Ricardo/Justin

Kante - Ndidi

Maguire - Soyuncu/Fofana

Failed miserably in 'replacing' Vardy with Slimani and Musa. Same applies to Silva replacing Drinkwater. Don't think we have really replaced Huth/Morgan - Benkovic hasn't cut the mustard

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

Failed miserably in 'replacing' Vardy with Slimani and Musa. Same applies to Silva replacing Drinkwater. Don't think we have really replaced Huth/Morgan - Benkovic hasn't cut the mustard

Evans, Soyuncu & Fofana have definitely replaced Huth/Morgan. I honestly feel that the verdict is still open on Benkovic. I'm hoping he gets a good run in Belgium.

• Like 2

Just now, StevieLynex said:

We haven't needed to replace Vardy. He's still here.

I'm not saying all of our signings have been good. The summer after the title win was awful, but we have had a lot of success in the transfer market since then.

I don't think any club gets it right every time, but I think our hit rate is excellent. My point stands - we are very good at replacing players we sell compared to other clubs.

I don't know how you can say we haven't replaced Huth or Morgan with a straight face. We have Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana in our ranks now. Are we just going to ignore those 3? Benkovic is about a million miles from the first team. Very strange argument.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
30 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We haven't needed to replace Vardy. He's still here.

I'm not saying all of our signings have been good. The summer after the title win was awful, but we have had a lot of success in the transfer market since then.

I don't think any club gets it right every time, but I think our hit rate is excellent. My point stands - we are very good at replacing players we sell compared to other clubs.

I don't know how you can say we haven't replaced Huth or Morgan with a straight face. We have Evans, Soyuncu and Fofana in our ranks now. Are we just going to ignore those 3? Benkovic is about a million miles from the first team. Very strange argument.

The issue is how quickly we replaced Huth and Morgan

Guest StevieLynex
10 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Forgot to mention that Hernandez was probably signed as a replacement for Huth, but was a disaster. Don't forget Mendy coming as Kante's replacement.

8 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

I think you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now. We signed Maguire a year before Huth left, and Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic in the same summer Huth did leave. We've since added Fofana, as well.

2 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Forgot to mention that Hernandez was probably signed as a replacement for Huth, but was a disaster. Don't forget Mendy coming as Kante's replacement.

Hernandez came in 2 years before Huth left. Why would he be seen as Huth's replacement?

No, I haven't forgotten, but let's also not forget that Ndidi was brought in a few months later.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Raw Dykes said:

Hernandez came in 2 years before Huth left. Why would he be seen as Huth's replacement?

No, I haven't forgotten, but let's also not forget that Ndidi was brought in a few months later.

Hernandez came in the summer after we won the league

Guest StevieLynex

The goalkeepers - Zieler, Jakupovic and £10m for Ward.

On the plus side, we have been good in selling players - Drinkwater (£35m), Maguire (£80m) and Chilwell (£50m)

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

The goalkeepers - Zieler, Jakupovic and £10m for Ward.

On the plus side, we have been good in selling players - Drinkwater (£35m), Maguire (£80m) and Chilwell (£50m)

I've already said I'm not saying all of our signings have been good. I'm just saying we're better than most (if not all) clubs at replacing important players. I don't know what important players those backup keepers are replacing. Don't see the relevance.

Re: selling. Agreed. We've had a few clubs over the barrel there!

6 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Out - In

Simpson - Ricardo/Justin

Kante - Ndidi / Mendy

Maguire - Soyuncu/Fofana