Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

I was watching the nbcsn feed and the commentator said "I'm told Justin is a right back. Which I find staggering as he is that good on the left". 

It's great to see people noticing his qualities.  The club will need to find Luke Thomas a loan as our fullback options are so good, I can't see him getting game time. 

We don't want to stall his development.

What a time to be a Leicester fan. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Justin's best chance at getting into the England side is at left-back. There isn't  currently an English left-back playing better than him at the minute. 

Think his best chance is his versatility. Being able to play at a very high level in several positions means you can fill out your squad with additional creative players. It may even benefit Maddison, if it means Southgate can forego one defender and include an additional midfielder.

Edited by MGLCFC

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Think his best chance is his versatility. Being able to play at a very high level in several positions means you can fill out your squad with additional creative players. It may even benefit Maddison, if it means Southgate can forego one defender and include an additional midfielder.

is he both footed as he doesn't seem to have a problem either side and never looks tired even though he don't stop running

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Justin's best chance at getting into the England side is at left-back. There isn't  currently an English left-back playing better than him at the minute. 

Prediction: By the end of the season, Chilwell will be 3rd choice LB for England behind JJ and Shaw and will miss out on the Euros.  

21 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Prediction: By the end of the season, Chilwell will be 3rd choice LB for England behind JJ and Shaw and will miss out on the Euros.  

Impossible.

Chilwell's move to Chelsea has sealed that position for him. No way is a young British left-back at a London club getting binned off. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Impossible.

Chilwell's move to Chelsea has sealed that position for him. No way is a young British left-back at a London club getting binned off. 

Hehe. :P The warning signs are there for Ben, he's looking quite fragile mentally. I thought they were very clever with him yesterday, bullied him a little bit with the press. By all accounts Shaw has considerably tightened up his game for utd. The fact that JJ has played in a back three this season too must be a big plus for Southgate who has (weirdly) favoured using Walker in that role in the past.   

4 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

He has really won me over. I though he was the weak link defensively particular with heading in our own box, at the beginning of the season. But he has been outstanding since then.

well done JJ 

If there's a question mark over him I do think it is whether he can be more Danny Simpson like on the back post on crosses. Other than that, it's hard to see much of a weakness in him at the moment. If he stays fit, he's going to be quite something in 3-4 years time.

10 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

If there's a question mark over him I do think it is whether he can be more Danny Simpson like on the back post on crosses. Other than that, it's hard to see much of a weakness in him at the moment. If he stays fit, he's going to be quite something in 3-4 years time.

Yes I agree. I think he was targeted for this by opposing teams. If I remember rightly he was at fault to some degree with a couple of goals early on. 

He certainly seems more stable in defence recently.

6 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

Hehe. :P The warning signs are there for Ben, he's looking quite fragile mentally. I thought they were very clever with him yesterday, bullied him a little bit with the press. By all accounts Shaw has considerably tightened up his game for utd. The fact that JJ has played in a back three this season too must be a big plus for Southgate who has (weirdly) favoured using Walker in that role in the past.   

He is a mentally fragile individual. I mean that in a non-spiteful way. Some player thrive off of a seige mentality and will produce top-class performances as a proverbial middle finger to crticial crowds/media. 

Ben, I get the distinct impression, needs to be loved and adored and fawned over. He was on fire after his move as he was center of attention and bigged up as sensational by the press and so forth. When that died down so does his work-rate and investment in performing. When the fans are back and he turns in some lacklustre performances - which is natural for any footballer - the groans will get into his head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

What a match this lad had last night! Absolutely superb throughout the season - great contributor in our march to the top!

This type of comment is becoming so regular though its crazy! the talent this kid has is unreal, and all the plaudits that have been said in this thread are spot on and warranted. he's on that list of incredible signings for the club. to say he could be a England regular is not over stating it, and having heard him talk both pre and post match, he seems like a smart kid and could captain city at some point.

This guy's progression over the last 12 months is impressive, I was 50/50 on him last season, I thought he lacked positional sense, first touch was frustrating and his delivery was poor but also recognised you can only really judge him after a run of games, fast forward to the start of this season and I was excited about the prospect of Riccy and Castagne, when you watch him now he glides past players, he's becoming a top top player, the fact that when Riccy come on last night he didn't take JJ off probably shows BR intends to find a place both in his best 11

Edited by foxestalkisfullofidiots

He makes the odd mistake, but what defender doesn't? If Hudson-Odoi finishes that chance in the first half we'd all be moaning about him following the man and leaving his position. 

But, he is a joy to watch. fitness is incredible, direct running, good in the tackle and so versatile. If he improved his finishing then I see no reason he couldn't play further forward too. 

His versatility gives him half a chance of being in the England squad, he is very similar to Kyle Walker in some respects but not as stupid. Right back, left back, wing back, centre back in a 3. Probably not fashionable enough though, but he'd should be in the next squad to take a look at. 

37 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He makes the odd mistake, but what defender doesn't? If Hudson-Odoi finishes that chance in the first half we'd all be moaning about him following the man and leaving his position. 

But, he is a joy to watch. fitness is incredible, direct running, good in the tackle and so versatile. If he improved his finishing then I see no reason he couldn't play further forward too. 

His versatility gives him half a chance of being in the England squad, he is very similar to Kyle Walker in some respects but not as stupid. Right back, left back, wing back, centre back in a 3. Probably not fashionable enough though, but he'd should be in the next squad to take a look at. 

It's unreal, really. His first few games I had him pegged as 'decent back up but very rough'. Certainly didn't forsee that within a year or so we'd be discussing his England credentials. Remarkable rise to glory and a testament to what a run of games does for development.

Justin showed some flashes of the player he could be in his bit parts last season before lockdown.

When he got thrown in the team because of Ricardo's injury he seemed to struggle and in the early part of this season he had a few moments where he was on the edge of becoming the new Leicester city fans favourite scapegoat.

Since his run in the back 3 he seems to have found the confidence he first showed last season. Just goes to show what time, patience and experience can do for a young player. He'll still have moments, he'll still make mistakes, he'll still get out jumped and outmuscled from time to time, but boy what a find this lad is. He's 22!!! Got a very, very bright future ahead of him if he continues to develop the way he is doing

Edited by Jimbo