Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

I think if Southgate is watching out games he has a real decision to make. For what it’s worth, I am a huge fan of Chilwell and think he’s a quality player who is improving all of the time. Watching Justin in the same position for an extended time now and it’s clear he’s the better player and developing at a faster rate than Ben. 
Add to this the versatility that JJ offers and I will be amazed if he isn’t in the next England squad and off to the Euros in the summer.

• Like 1

I don’t add much these days although I’m an avid reader.

Just dropped in to this to say that Justin has gone from the obvious weak link in the side in September to one of our best players.  I love Ricky P and Castagne but I think the side would be poorer without James in it.  Genuine superstar.  Well done chap.  What a time to be a LCFC fan.  Enjoy it folks. There will be dark times ahead.  This is the pinnacle.  Long may it last. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I think if Southgate is watching out games he has a real decision to make. For what it’s worth, I am a huge fan of Chilwell and think he’s a quality player who is improving all of the time. Watching Justin in the same position for an extended time now and it’s clear he’s the better player and developing at a faster rate than Ben. 
Add to this the versatility that JJ offers and I will be amazed if he isn’t in the next England squad and off to the Euros in the summer.

The one negative is that as soon as JJ gets noticed at international levels, he then becomes a target for the big sharks, Barca, Madrid, PSG etc.

16 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

The one negative is that as soon as JJ gets noticed at international levels, he then becomes a target for the big sharks, Barca, Madrid, PSG etc.

If so well done to the lad, he can then be the one big sale of the season when he does go and we will make a shed load of money and buy and develop another undiscovered gem. Our recruitment has been that good I don't worry when we sell a very good player anymore. 

• Like 1

His improvement is fantastic and he’s now starting to perform at a consistent level. Still has some league one moments and lapses of concentration but they are being slowly eradicated. So fair play. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

We have 3 quality full backs this season, whereas last season we had 2 at best, and after Xmas only one.

Superb recruitment from the club, and JJ has really made the most of his chance. He might even get capped if he keeps on like this.

After Christmas we had none.  Ricardo was injured and Chilwell was mentally already playing for Chelsea.

Wow! I said a few weeks back his end product isn’t there and he goes and does this!

The guy is on fire at the moment and he’s looking like he’s loving it on either wing. He’s a beast defensively and if he keeps on producing attacking wise then he’ll be destined for big things.

But he’s still young and needs to keep working hard to develop all of his game which I’m sure BR will be telling him.

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

There's space in the squad. Maitland-Niles Is called up frequently. Trippier also banned for a bit. 

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The only thing that might work against JJ for LB is that the England front 3 are so narrow that you need the full backs to offer width. Although JJ can go on the outside, he is more comfortable coming inside and so would effectively be offering the same option as Rashford or Sterling in that position. At least with Chilwell, he can overlap and cross with his natural foot

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Man is on about £8k a week. I know he was signed from League One hence the low wages, but he can look forward to a bumper new contract soon. Amazing player. 

How does he even get by on £8k a week?! 

Just kidding, he's worth more than that to us now and will rightly be rewarded

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

There's space in the squad. Maitland-Niles Is called up frequently. Trippier also banned for a bit. 

Agree. JJ is 5 times the player that Maitland-Niles will ever be. I'd also prefer him on the right of a back 3 for England over the likes of Keane, Dier, etc. His pace is a massive asset.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree. JJ is 5 times the player that Maitland-Niles will ever be. I'd also prefer him on the right of a back 3 for England over the likes of Keane, Dier, etc. His pace is a massive asset.

Both the defenders you've listed are good players. Dier has kicked on under Jose and Keane is solid lately. Mings on the other hand has been shown to be over-hyped and has huge, stupid tendencies.

Potentially our most valuable player seeing he can play effectively in at least three positions. A major bonus when there are a lot of player who struggle with just one. I used to look at Matt Oakley as a prime example of the I shouldn't really be here player.

5 hours ago, browniefox said:

If so well done to the lad, he can then be the one big sale of the season when he does go and we will make a shed load of money and buy and develop another undiscovered gem. Our recruitment has been that good I don't worry when we sell a very good player anymore. 

Exactly. It's always a shame to lose an important player, but as we've shown, time and time again, we don't have trouble replacing anyone. There's usually big profit in doing so, as well.

• Like 1