Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

I'm glad that Southgate was watching the game last night, I know that Justin isn't going to kick TAA or chilwell out of the first 11 but he is the perfect player to take to a tournament as he can play RB and LB as well as potentially cover at CB. For me he's one of the best squad players Southgate has available to him and has too knocking on the door for a spot in the euros.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mash21 said:

I'm glad that Southgate was watching the game last night, I know that Justin isn't going to kick TAA or chilwell out of the first 11 but he is the perfect player to take to a tournament as he can play RB and LB as well as potentially cover at CB. For me he's one of the best squad players Southgate has available to him and has too knocking on the door for a spot in the euros.

You'd hope Southgate would see this. Numerous times JJ has shown his value, both defensively and on the attack, both on the right and the left. You'd be mad to not give it a go 

That turn on Walcot by the touchline was absolute filth, such a solid player so good going forward as well. A real asset as well to play in so many positions hopefully in the England squad soon, don't hold your breath  though. 

Edited by smitha

7 hours ago, Mash21 said:

Southgate doesn't like Alexander-Arnold at all, it's not him who'd need displacing. I don't actually reckon he's settled on a right-back yet so there's definitely a space there.

• Like 1

https://www.givemesport.com/1639336-leicester-city-news-james-justin-labelled-an-intriguing-option-for-gareth-southgate

Leicester City news: James Justin labelled an 'intriguing option' for Gareth Southgate
By Jack Saville 17:30 17/01/21 BST

Leicester City continued to cement their title credentials on Saturday evening with a hard-fought 2-0 victory over Southampton at the King Power Stadium. 

Brendan Rodgers' side extended their unbeaten run to five games in the process against a side who have earned plenty of admirers while exceeding expectations this season. 

There were plenty of outstanding individual performances to note as Leicester's English pairing of James Maddison and Harvey Barnes stole the headlines with a goal a piece. 

Both Maddison and Barnes are outside contenders to earn selection for Gareth Southgate's England squad at Euro 2021, but they are not the only players with serious credentials. 

Indeed, James Justin's rise has made him a dark horse contender, and that's a point Sky Sports journalist Ben Grounds was eager to make in his post-match analysis. 

"James Justin has been a revelation this season both at right-back and on the left as he has been deployed more regularly," Grounds said, before later going on to add: "With so much competition at right-back, Justin's versatility on the left flank makes him an intriguing prospect for the next meet up in March."

GIVEMESPORT's Jack Saville says... 

Just when England thought they had enough high quality right-backs to fill an entire starting XI, Justin decided to emerge on the scene.

The 22-year-old has been in impeccable form in both full-back positions for the Foxes this season, and his ability to seamless adapt at left-back despite being naturally right-footed has been particularly impressive.

While Southgate has myriad options to choose from on the right hand side of his defence, he is markedly less stocked on the opposite flank. 

Ben Chilwell looks a shoe-in for England's left-back berth but, as Grounds alludes, there is an opportunity for Justin to stake his claim as a versatile squad option ahead of Euro 2021. 

It will be intriguing to see if the 50-year-old manager agrees when he announces his next Three Lions squad.  

Football Gareth Sou

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

“Ricky is one of the best full-backs in the world and when he’s playing he’s amazing to watch. He’s helped me so much, just by watching him train and play,” says Justin. “I’ve picked up certain things off him and Ben Chilwell to add to my game. Youri [Tielemans] has been a big influence too - he’s got the mind of a 35-year-old and he knows everything about football.”

This was really interesting to see, shows how important training with experienced and quality players is for younger players. We see aspects of Ricardo's game in JJ's, and its really kicked him on a level.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rodgers' support at this time was crucial. “He was always there for a chat and took me under his wing. He went through a similar situation [Rodgers’ mother and father passed away in 2010 and 2011 respectively]  so he knows what it feels like and was always checking up on me, to see if there was anything he could do for me at home or for the family.

“He’s been great for me as a player too. When I first signed he treated me a bit differently, but now he expects a lot more of me. He knows what I can do now.”

This as well really highlights Rodgers man management ability. Something we've always needed at the club, and its really worked with JJ. 

• Like 3