Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He should be starting for England at left-back.

As much as I liked Chilwell, Justin is better than Chilwell ever was for us - quicker, a bigger engine and much more sound defensively.

I don't know if Justin has a "bigger engine" than Chilwell to be fair.

One of Chilwell's best qualities is that he doesn't stop running up and down the flank.

I'd also back Chilwell to outpace Justin over a long distance.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't know if Justin has a "bigger engine" than Chilwell to be fair.

One of Chilwell's best qualities is that he doesn't stop running up and down the flank.

I'd also back Chilwell to outpace Justin over a long distance.

But over 100m Justin is quicker. Which is all that matters really. 

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

But over 100m Justin is quicker. Which is all that matters really. 

I'm saying that I don't think he would be.

Chilwell doesn't have the acceleration that Justin does but once he's up and running there aren't many quicker.

12 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

One thing Justin has over Chilwell since day one is his defensive ability. At least he could close down and can tackle. Lost count how many times Chilwell failed to close someone down leading to us conceding a goal.

One thing Justin has over Chilwell since day one is every ability....fixed it for you :)

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm saying that I don't think he would be.

Chilwell doesn't have the acceleration that Justin does but once he's up and running there aren't many quicker.

Yeah I agree that Chilwell’s engine is better. But Justin’s acceleration would see him beat Chilwell over 50-100m 

23 minutes ago, SO1 said:

One thing Justin has over Chilwell since day one is every ability....fixed it for you :)

Ha! Actually, a real question is why did Rodgers insist on using Chilwell despite having better options in Fuchs and (in hindsight) Justin? (You may recall we were crucified at the time for doubting Chilwell on FT.) Does it say something about Rodgers’ blindspots or was it part of a corporate scheme to sell average players at astronomical prices (see also Maguire example).

Edited by Tom12345

How you'd know

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Because JJ wasn't the player he is now 12 months ago, Fuchs doesn't have the physical capabilities to be a Rodgers' full/wing back and Chilwell was a £50m asset that we would have wanted to protect to maximize the transfer fee we got this summer. 

Spot on, spot on

12 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Ha! Actually, a real question is why did Rodgers insist on using Chilwell despite having better options in Fuchs and (in hindsight) Justin? (You may recall we were crucified at the time for doubting Chilwell on FT.) Does it say something about Rodgers’ blindspots or was it part of a corporate scheme to sell average players at astronomical prices (see also Maguire example).

I recall him going with Justin at LB for Villa at home, can’t remember if chilwell was out through injury but it was around the time of his shocking Southampton at home performance. But as others have said, JJ has come a long way with consistent game time in recent months.

Fast becoming my favorite player. Is there a more improved player in the whole of the Premier League this season? 

He started of a little suspect and was targeted as a weak link.  The difference between then and just 4 months later is astounding. I hope he gets a bigger contract ASAP for 5 years to protect us against the inevitable touted to 'bigger clubs' by out of date pundits. 

He has not just knocked on the door for an England call up but smashed through it.  Seeing him and Chilwell was like Chalk and Cheese last night.  I work opposite a Chelsea fan who agrees that Justin is a better player than Chilwell.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

:D Fuchs was after Rodgers learned to play the counter as in not as much running. Justin probably wasn't ready yet.

When Rodgers first came I feel I owed the forum and your players a certain amount of respect and sat back in the knowing that some of your players would improve. Obvious now in the loss of Maguire and Chilwell that both of those positions have been improved greatly. The proof is showing itself on the field. Finally, for all the right reasons, I am finally watching matches sitting on the edge of my seat.

PS.....Now that Chilwell and Maguire have gone I feel the the coast is clear to flame away. Thanks for your understanding.

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

we mugged Chelsea right off didn’t we? lol 

not saying chilly is  terrible just that his replacement will replace him for England too lol

Ndidi - Kante

Drinkwater - Tielemans

Mahrez - no one sadly but Barnes has somewhat filled the hole on the other wing. 

Maguire - Fofana and Soyuncu

Chillwell - Justin and castagne

Amazing that apart from mahrez every high profile player we have sold the club have somehow managed to replace with a better one at a fraction of the cost of the outgoing player. (Ndidi being better than Kante is debatable).

Even more amazing that the last two high profile outgoing players have been replaced by 2 better players. 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

The main thing this season is JJ's finishing has got a lot better. When he first started he didn't have that. Chilwell still doesn't have the finishing ability of JJ. 

Behind Liverpool I think we have the best left-backs and right-backs in the league.

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Fast becoming my favorite player. Is there a more improved player in the whole of the Premier League this season? 

He started of a little suspect and was targeted as a weak link.  The difference between then and just 4 months later is astounding. I hope he gets a bigger contract ASAP for 5 years to protect us against the inevitable touted to 'bigger clubs' by out of date pundits. 

He has not just knocked on the door for an England call up but smashed through it.  Seeing him and Chilwell was like Chalk and Cheese last night.  I work opposite a Chelsea fan who agrees that Justin is a better player than Chilwell.  

I can think of a few rivals for ‘most improved player in the premier league’ such as Ndombele, Calvert-Lewin and on Sunday’s showing, Luke Shaw, but JJ gets my vote. 

As you say (not that it’s in our club’s interest) he should be a shoe-in for the next England squad. Given the system Southgate favours he could be, at worst, his second choice in four positions. 

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

we mugged Chelsea right off didn’t we? lol 

not saying chilly is  terrible just that his replacement will replace him for England too lol

Unfortunately I doubt that will be the case.

Chilwell plays for Chelsea so Southgate will pick him, as he will Reece James, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount, etc.

I also give you Hudson-Odoi who started a game for England before he had started a PL game for Chelsea.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Ndidi - Kante

Drinkwater - Tielemans

Mahrez - no one sadly but Barnes has somewhat filled the hole on the other wing. 

Maguire - Fofana and Soyuncu

Chillwell - Justin and castagne

Amazing that apart from mahrez every high profile player we have sold the club have somehow managed to replace with a better one at a fraction of the cost of the outgoing player. (Ndidi being better than Kante is debatable).

Even more amazing that the last two high profile outgoing players have been replaced by 2 better players. 

I think we had kantè in a slightly different role with more of a license to roam about the pitch... no one is better at that but n’didi is such a good DM and we utilize his height well also... for the role we have ndidi playing, i wouldn’t swap him for anyone 

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unfortunately I doubt that will be the case.

Chilwell plays for Chelsea so Southgate will pick him, as he will Reece James, Tammy Abraham, Mason Mount, etc.

I also give you Hudson-Odoi who started a game for England before he had started a PL game for Chelsea.

We shall see!

This guy is on a fast track to become an elite player. I remember last season away to Spurs he looked all over the place. We lost 3-0 and was poor. The difference between now and then is night & day.

I can only think of 3 Premier League full backs who are equally good as RB and LB. We got two of them (Azpilicueta is the other). Amazing really.