Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Getting brexit done!

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Speaking of things going quiet....

I've not seen a picture of a kid on the floor of an A&E since the election? No need to report on that anymore I suppose either.

I've no doubt the Yorkshire Evening Post, which broke that story, would still be covering such incidents if they were still going on there. If the coverage has led to it no longer happening at that hospital, then the story's done its job.

12 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Genuinely can't get my head around a bunch of tories laughing at the most basic of capitalist principles that a larger economy allows for a healthier state.  Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's a broken system but whatever happened to leaving the EU to save money for the NHS?  That extra £200bn would have paid for a decent amount of medical professionals.

I guess there is a bit of slim shady in all of us.

24 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I've no doubt the Yorkshire Evening Post, which broke that story, would still be covering such incidents if they were still going on there. If the coverage has led to it no longer happening at that hospital, then the story's done its job.

Or it could be that now we aren't we in an election campaign a professional photographer wasn't around to capture the moment a parent put a child on the floor rather than hold him or put him on a seat and then give it to the most pro-Labour newspaper in the country?

I guess we'll never know.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Or it could be that now we aren't we in an election campaign a professional photographer wasn't around to capture the moment a parent put a child on the floor rather than hold him or put him on a seat and then give it to the most pro-Labour newspaper in the country?

I guess we'll never know.

The Mirror only picked it up after the YEP ran its story. Not everything's a conspiracy, as made clear in this comment piece by the editor of its Tory-supporting sister paper the Yorkshire Post.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/dec/11/paper-story-jack-williment-barr-online-lies-yorkshire-post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I've not seen a picture of a kid on the floor of an A&E since the election? No need to report on that anymore I suppose either.

Bit like the Russian interference reports and the 350m a week to the NHS.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/15/matt-hancock-accident-emergency-nhs-waiting-targets-likely-scrapped

Know it's the Grauniad, but someone's always keeping track of things like the length of time people have to wait for treatment. Or the government deciding such tracking isn't really necessary anymore.

21 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Gone quiet on the chlorine chicken aswell tbf. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51054700

Not much to say, really - the Govt says that it will hold things as they are but it remains to be seen if that will continue to be the case if and when Toupee45 and his bunch of merry men decide that it's a critical part of trade negotiations.

1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

If a party were to offer every person £3000 as a "bonus" for remaining in the EU, how would you feel about that?

Personally a no from me as I wouldn't sell out my beliefs for cash.

This policy was probably floated at Labour conference somewhere.

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

Personally a no from me as I wouldn't sell out my beliefs for cash.

This policy was probably floated at Labour conference somewhere.

Funny how wrong you can be about someone. Having u-turned after giving the impression  that you wouldn’t vote in support of Boris if he swerved an Andrew Neill interview  I didn’t have you down as the principled sort ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Funny how wrong you can be about someone. Having u-turned after giving the impression  that you wouldn’t vote in support of Boris if he swerved an Andrew Neill interview  I didn’t have you down as the principled sort ;)

As @Strokes said I voted for Ed Argar. Owen Jones told me Boris was a goner anyway in Uxbridge so I was voting for PM Priti Patel.:ph34r:

6 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

If a party were to offer every person £3000 as a "bonus" for remaining in the EU, how would you feel about that?

I wouldn’t vote to remain but it would dampen my disappointment if that’s how things occurred. 
You don’t get much for £3k these days though 😩

Edited by Strokes

54 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

3k to condemn your grandchildren to a life of subservience in the Fourth Reich, you're having a laugh.

Poor, but free and a chance to see what you can make of life without all the EU diktats. 20,000+ new regulations \ bye laws aimed at "controlling" the EU population. No thanks. 

giphy.gif

On 15/01/2020 at 17:58, MattP said:

Anyone going to bung a bob for a Big Ben bong?

It's a joke isn't it. 100k raised for a clocktower including a single 1k donation by a Tory MP.

Give the money to charity or healthcare or education.

I don't actually think they'd spend money on it tbf but when I first read about someone setting up a fundraiser for Big Ben I thought ffs.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That’s so clearly bollocks.

Ex pats were denied the opportunity to vote in the referendum.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/28/british-expats-lose-legal-battle-right-to-vote-eu-referendum

Nearly right, if you read the article you'll see it's talking about those who've been away for more than 15 years.

UK citizens living in the EU for less than 15 years could vote.

https://fullfact.org/europe/who-can-vote-eu-referendum/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/649517/EU-referendum-2016-Voting-Voters-Allowed-British-Irish-Commonwealth-Citizens-European

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

ahahahaha 

I feel sorry for them, as stupid as their decision was. What's depressing is that British immigrants in Europe are often painted as rich gammons living in the Spanish sun, but actually the majority of them are working-age, often with families, extremely worried about their future.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Magictv said:

Nearly right, if you read the article you'll see it's talking about those who've been away for more than 15 years.

UK citizens living in the EU for less than 15 years could vote.

https://fullfact.org/europe/who-can-vote-eu-referendum/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/649517/EU-referendum-2016-Voting-Voters-Allowed-British-Irish-Commonwealth-Citizens-European

This is true. My sisters both voted to leave having lived in Aus for 14 years. I didn’t vote myself.