Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

West Ham pre-match thread

On current form the team picks itself, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts some of our out of form players though.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Ndidi - Praet

Iheanacho - Maddison - Albrighton 

Vardy

Is what I'd like to see him go with :thumbup:

• Like 1

Get Maddison back in the 10 position, give Vardy a partner playing along side him. Get Chilwell and Ricardo busting a gut, up and down 

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilly 

Tielemans

Ndidi

Praet

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

4-3-3 Maddison in behind Perez and Vards

Reminds me a bit of that dodgy patch we had over Christmas or in the title winning season.

We responded with 4 or 5 1-0 wins in a row.

Earlier in the season, some were very prematurely saying this side is better than the title-winning side. I think the next 5 league games in a pretty kind run, after our confidence has been dented will show whether we have the mentality that title-winning side did or not.

• Like 1

Not usually one for making wholesale changes but that team looks shattered. And with another game in less than 48 hours, West Ham could pick us apart.

Tielemans, Chilwell, Barnes all need resting. Ricardo and Maddison haven't looked as sharp either.

Hamza, Justin, Iheanacho and Fuchs should be in the running to start.

32 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Get Maddison back in the 10 position, give Vardy a partner playing along side him. Get Chilwell and Ricardo busting a gut, up and down 

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilly 

Tielemans

Ndidi

Praet

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

4-3-3 Maddison in behind Perez and Vards

Our results against the big clubs. .fairly or not ...are now truly atrocious this season

With so many players performing like they need a rest do we even have a starting 11? I do like the idea of starting with old battle hardened pros like Fuchs, albrighton and even Morgan for some moral courage and leadership. Show the youngsters how to grind out a result

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Reminds me a bit of that dodgy patch we had over Christmas or in the title winning season.

We responded with 4 or 5 1-0 wins in a row.

Earlier in the season, some were very prematurely saying this side is better than the title-winning side. I think the next 5 league games in a pretty kind run, after our confidence has been dented will show whether we have the mentality that title-winning side did or not.

Well said Sampson you took the words right out of my mouth! Been hearing a lot on radio about how good this side is and better than the title winners. What I see starting to lack in this team against the big clubs is mental strength. We may have had that little wobble in the past but they were tight games. These last two games have been so one sided it really worries me if we can make a come back and go on another convincing winning run. Also got to remember we’re facing teams fighting the threat of relegation (no easy games). 

Tielemans has to rest for sure.  He looked spent, and was looking desperately to the bench every time a sub was at the touch line.  Vardy probably needs a rest, and to me both fullbacks look gassed, too.  Oh, and Maddison.

Fuchs, Evans, Morgan, Justin, Ndidi, Praet, Maddison (gotta play somebody), Perez, Gray, Kelechi.

Kasper

Justin

Soyuncu

Evans

Chilly

Ndidi

Praet

Maddison

Perez

Gray

Iheancho

Not sure which one of Ricardo or Chilwell needs a rest more. If it's Chilwell I'd put Fuchs in, but I'm not sure if I'd replace both of them. I think Vardy needs a rest, he can come on for the last 30 minutes or so if needed. If we can make changes and still get a result, that would be fantastic.

Say it how it is people. Barnes, Tielemans and probably Chillwell too don't need 'resting' they need dropping! They've all been poor for a number of games now and its not completely due to over exertion. A message needs sending to both them and the players who replace them that places in the team are up for grabs.

At a bit of a loss as to what the best approach to this game is. Let's face it, BR has completely fudged up the Xmas schedule so far. Key players should probably be rested, but can we afford to risk a 3rd defeat on the spin?

Schmeichel

Justin

Morgan 

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Gray

Choudhury

Praet

Albrighton

Iheanacho

Perez

Bench (Break glass in case of emergency) - Ward, Ricardo, Evans, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy.

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Hamza Ndidi Tillimens

Maddison

Vardy Nacho

Get some legs in midfield with hamza to help Ndidi and think that will bring more out of Tillimens.

Maddison should never play wide ever again, give him a chance where he doesn’t have to track back as much and do what he’s best at, which is creating.

think having 2 up top will help JV get in the game more.

Bring on Barnes , Gray  or Perez to run at tired legs.

Must win this, huge game.

How can we possibly be tired?

What's our average age again, or does it not work that way?

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

I still reckon this is the best team when it shows up, but it's being questioned due to effort and skill at present. 

Perez, Barnes, Tielemans and Maddison all, quite rightly, being viewed through a critical lens right now

Think we'll see a different attitude for this game. 

3 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Say it how it is people. Barnes, Tielemans and probably Chillwell too don't need 'resting' they need dropping! They've all been poor for a number of games now and its not completely due to over exertion. A message needs sending to both them and the players who replace them that places in the team are up for grabs.

Chilwell has been rubbish for 4 games now ! 

hype player 

Maddison is a shadow of himself 

To be honest i'd take 4 points in these next two games. Stop the rot them go into cup games. They have been terrible recently, especially at home but they are always due a good home win every now and again.

We have to make changes but that could be a good thing for us. Having a game so quickly could go either way for us, a good opportunity to right the wrongs or another disappointment so quickly. 

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Praet

Ndidi

Gray

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Tielemans, Chilwell, Perez and Barnes not offering enough at all right now. Changes required.

This is the team to start for me. 

Possibly drop Maddison for Perez and start 2 up front. 

I think Brendon has some serious questions to answer, let's hope my stupid Villa mate is wrong and Brendon can keep the team in the top 4.

Lets hope for a Wolves win tonight and a victory for us on Saturday. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

Chilwell has been rubbish for 4 games now ! 

hype player 

Maddison is a shadow of himself 

Stop them scoring , that means Fuchs, Hamza and Praet start , forget about possession football for this one , rely on the counter , Schmeichel, Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans , Fuchs, Ndidi, Hamza , Praet, Maddison, Iheanacho, Vardy, A 1-0 victory will do just fine. Do not play out from the back West Ham will be waiting for that , get it down the pitch , Vardy and Iheanacho's pace will cause them plenty of trouble.

Edited by An Sionnach