Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

West Ham pre-match thread

I reckon we see a big reaction from our side for this game. Rodgers doesn't strike me as one to mince his words and I doubt the likes of Kasper or Vardy would have done after the Liverpool game. 

West Ham are a side there for the taking. Their fans utterly hate it when their side don't get going and get frustrated. If we can contain and restrict them the fans start to get on their back. Need to impose ourselves on the game and take control in ways we haven't really done this month apart from Villa and Everton first half in the Cup. 

I think we need to get Vardy some support for this game. Wouldn't mind Iheanacho playing or Perez coming back in to the side. Give Barnes a break and maybe even Tielemans who has looked tired for a while. 

• Like 3

Both teams are in shit recent form, I like Pellegrini but hopefully the fans are on his back if things go against them early and it effects their players.

Saying all that and with squad rotation to consider, I reckon 1-1.

Also, please play a defence minded left wing to protect Chilwell a bit, his confidence is probably shot at this stage.

Edited by Nalis

Mendy won’t be in the squad, let alone the team!

have a feeling that wilf and vards will be expected to play every game, despite what the manger said 

having been well beaten twice, suspect Brendan will be all out for a result and leave Newcastle to deal with itself on the back of Saturday .........

After the last 3 games, we should really be picking up 6 points from the next 2 matches if we are to be Top 4 contenders until the end, 4 points absolute minimum. No problem with losing to Man City and Liverpool as long as we start picking up points where we should again. And we have been doing this very well so far this season.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez

Praet

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

West Ham 1-3 Leicester

If you start Chilwell and barnes after last night you are sending a message it does not matter how they perform they get a start

thats wrong the young players need a kick up the arse and you need to play experienced players who have trained hard all week like Fuchs,Albrighton and Morgan.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

After the last 3 games, we should really be picking up 6 points from the next 2 matches if we are to be Top 4 contenders until the end, 4 points absolute minimum. No problem with losing to Man City and Liverpool as long as we start picking up points where we should again. And we have been doing this very well so far this season.

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell

Ndidi

Perez

Praet

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

West Ham 1-3 Leicester

This is the team I would pick as well. Revert back to 4-1-4-1 and leave Praet in for Tielemans who has looked off colour. I'd be open to Albrighton playing but I'd go with Barnes and Perez as they offer a more obvious attacking threat.

Expect to see a response from the last two games at West Ham.

Tempted to say make changes just to freshen up in key positions around the pitch. Maybe something like.

Schmeichel

Justin

Morgan

Soyoncu

Fuch

Ndidi

Praet

Maddison

Gray

Iheancho

Perez

I left Maddison in because the only other options would be bringing Choudhury in for him, which is too negative or playing Perez there, which I don't like. Or obviously playing Tielemans, but I think he's more in need of a rest.

This really has been a horrible set of fixtures over the Christmas break, especially seeing we (rightly) went all out in the cup quarters just beforehand, but this match is a good opportunity to get a bit of momentum back. I do think we are in a better place than we have been for a while in terms of the depth of our squad, and we really need to make better use of it. I would go for:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Cags Fuchs

Praet Wilf Madders

Kevin Vards Gray

Aim to bring on Nacho for Vards, Hamza for Wilf and Justin for Ricardo. 

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Ward

Justin Morgan Soyuncu Fuchs

Mendy

Gray Choudhury Praet Albrighton

Iheanacho

Subs

Jakupovic Amartey, Benkovic Maddison Dewsbury-Hall Barnes Perez.

Fresh legs, fresh minds, choose the best XI v Newcastle

wow, that is a shit team lol.