Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

West Ham pre-match thread

I really hope we dont make many changes for this. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Caglar Fuchs

Ndidi

Preat Maddison

Perez Vardy Albrighton

However I can see it being something like

Schmeichel

JJ Morgan Caglar Fuchs

Hamza

Preat Maddison

Perez Kelechi Barnes 

The latter I'd start against Wigan. 

• Like 1

West Ham team news (from the BBC)

West Ham have Ryan Fredericks available again after a ban, but fellow full-back Aaron Cresswell now serves a one-match suspension of his own.

Roberto is expected to continue in goal in the absence of David Martin and Lukasz Fabianski.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, simon789us said:

Don’t get all this doom and gloom over 2 bad results against arguably 2 of the best team in Europe let alone England I know we are in second but we are a long way of those two teams get behind the lads and bring back the 3 points 

I don't think that the doom and gloom is about the actual results at all,  perhaps a little disapointment, its far more to do with the actual performances in those games. 

It may also be that for the first time, the scales have fallen from some supporters eyes in that our previously seemingly flawless manager has been shown to be fallible. I think with some reasoned afterthought,  most fans can accept that two very expensively put together teams of experienced international quality players, moulded over 3years, would be reasonably expected to beat a team of mostly young and competitively inexperienced players in comparison with about 12 months together. What was more bemusing was the much previously lauded managers performance personally in terms of team selection, tactics and approach to those matches. This also in comparison to other teams with supposedly less talent at their disposal  than us making a far better fist of it against the same opponents. 

Credit when credit is due by all accounts, but today is when Rodgers will have to start to show the substance behind the media pleasing blarney he trots out with regularity (not meant to sound as a criticism). Undoubtedly he's a great man manager and motivator but managers, like players, can have off days and piss poor performances. Learning the reason why from such situations and adapting when things haven't quite gone to plan are commendable traits in any management, stubbornness and the inability to recognise and personally accept responsibility isn't. Rodgers has a difficult task to guide his team through a very busy period of fixtures now but, so has every other manager, some teams like Wolves, Liverpool, Man City etc for example have had even more things to juggle. Keep the faith, early days. 

• Like 1

Really good realistic test for us to see if this "dip" in form is real or if it was just against the 2 best sides of the last couple of seasons.

Lose this and foxestalk will be in meltdown!!!

Win it and we will be back in the title race!!!!(For some people!!!)

Need a performance today and need to show more aggression on the pitch as it’s been missing in the last couple of games.

Don’t mind losing to the best 2 teams of the last 3 seasons but we looked a bit scared against Man City and Liverpool, so need to put this right. This’ll be a real test too. 

1-2 to us I reckon

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I'd imagine Chilwell may be rested, mentally and physically. May be Tielemens out for Choudhury. Other than that I'd expect to see little else.

Perez and Barnes need benching too.

Like to see Iheanacho start.

Fuchs definitely in for Chilwell.

Praet in for Tielemans.

It'll definitely be changes. My worry is the formation. I think we need to persevere with one style especially when things are clearly wobbling. If he makes the 3 or 4 changes I expect (Perez, Gray, Choudhury and Fuchs\Wes) I fear we might end up with some brand new formation too. 

On 26/12/2019 at 21:51, Brooksy said:

Less than 2 days. Imagine how shit Tielemans is gonna be 

Virtually every other team in the Prem is playing their second game in two days. If we’re going to play in the Champions League next season we have to step up to that kind of challenge.

Going to this game today although I have a massive fever so not sure I’ll enjoy it! Hopefully we see some Vardy goal scoring  fever to make me feel better!

The first 20 minutes will probably dictate the type of game we see. We’ve looked tired and lethargic recently and with such little time to rest I think this is likely to be a game low on quality. Hopefully we can grind out the win as the Hammers are in poor form themselves.