Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

West Ham pre-match thread

30 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t expect him to do that, just the basics like if you’re playing the offside line, staying in line... like the first goal last night. 

I like Chilwell, but it’s not unfair to say he’s been woeful last couple games. England’s first choice left back (he’s earned that position rightly so) should be able to at least put up a 6 or 7/10 performance in both games, not look completely out of depth. 

Sorry but even the best LB in the world would struggle in some part against the likes of Mahrez/KDB/Silva and anyone else interchangeable in the right for City and then in their next game against Alexander-Arnold and Salah.

Given that Chilwell isn't the world's best LB and perhaps not very close to it right now anyway, he was set up for failure by being exposed to them so much by himself.

When you're having to manage those kinds of players in your own right, as well as perhaps try and get up to join attacks, then sticking to the basics may slip, just a little!

27 minutes ago, Cujek said:

wow, that is a shit team lol.

It’s not meant to be anything other than a side which can play this game (& most of them the Wigan game too) while allowing our stronger players to be fresh for Newcastle and the League Cup semifinal home leg.

It’s not a ‘shit team’ in any event, is it?

16 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It’s not meant to be anything other than a side which can play this game (& most of them the Wigan game too) while allowing our stronger players to be fresh for Newcastle and the League Cup semifinal home leg.

It’s not a ‘shit team’ in any event, is it?

we would get smashed if we played that team.

there is no need to drop Kasper for a league game and even pick Jakupovic on the bench ahead of him? 

Vardy isnt going to be dropped from the match day squad entirely, is he?

Mendy nor Amartey are not going to make their first starts of the season when they havent even been in cup squads, are they?

That is a shit team.

i get what you are saying about rotation but i highly doubt we would play a team that looked like that ever.

Vardy at least will want to play every single game he can.

I doubt we would even see a team like this against Wigan.

its more likely to be 

Ward

JJ Evans Morgan Fuchs

Choudrey

Barnes Praet Gray

Perez     Iheanacho

For Wigan, with vardy, soyonchu maddison kasper  and some u23 on the bench, resting the rest of the first team.

For west Ham i would play the steongest possible team, assessed on tiredness etc.

but we can not drop any more points and lose 3 in a row, the players should be fired up and want to show what they can do after 3 dismal performances.

Edited by Cujek

Hard to say it but Maddison needs either time on the bench or a complete rest. Fuchs surely in for Chilwell and Morgan for one of the centre backs. Who knows who else really. Hamza has to start, we really need an injection of energy into the team. So short of decent quality options out wide though.

Don't think we are in a position to rest both Tielemans and Maddison.

Fitness guys will have their work cut out deciding who is fit enough to play though we didn't expend that much energy against Liverpool as we didn't appear to try that much.

This match is about getting back to basics. Hopefully the fringe players will come in fitter and hungry to prove a point. Have said it all season, we have to show that high press for from the off and continue to the end. Only then can we exert our quality on the opposition. Can’t afford to panic or get on their backs if it doesn’t start off the way we want, this is all part of the learning curve for this young squad. I still think we are probably a season ahead of where I expected us to be fighting for a top four.

keep the faith, back the boys and back them even louder when the going gets tough!! COYB! #Foxesneverquit:scarf:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo  Evans Soy Chill

Gray PraetNdidi Albrighton

Maddison 

Vardy

Would consider Choudhury for Ndidi or Praet if need rest. Same goes for Fuchs for Chilwell. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo  Evans Soy Chill

Gray PraetNdidi Albrighton

Maddison 

Vardy

Would consider Choudhury for Ndidi or Praet if need rest. Same goes for Fuchs for Chilwell. 

Need significant changes 2mrw for tactical, tiedness, injury prevention &, most importantly, squad /fringe player HARMONY...big test now for all Foxes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holyfox said:

This match is about getting back to basics. Hopefully the fringe players will come in fitter and hungry to prove a point. Have said it all season, we have to show that high press for from the off and continue to the end. Only then can we exert our quality on the opposition. Can’t afford to panic or get on their backs if it doesn’t start off the way we want, this is all part of the learning curve for this young squad. I still think we are probably a season ahead of where I expected us to be fighting for a top four.

keep the faith, back the boys and back them even louder when the going gets tough!! COYB! #Foxesneverquit:scarf:

This. Don't get on their backs. No collective groaning when we don't hit it long trying to set off Vardy as though it's 2015. 

Support. Encourage. Back the team and believe in them and appreciate what an amazing time our club is having. 

Ask west ham fans if they would want our ownership and team over what they have at the minute....

• Like 1

Hopefully a win on a short turnaround can flush out all the shit currently being spewed about. When we lose the frustration always seems to boil over from just what happened on the pitch to whatever has grinds your gears.

Edited by NewEnglandFox

3 hours ago, lcfcdotell said:

Any chance of a youth player being on the bench if he rotates heavily? 

Bit left field but why not have Mendy on the bench? The boy can press and will be 100% fresh. Unless he's injured again and I've missed it 

I think Rodgers has hinted about changes recounting a Prem game in 2011 with Swansea when they made changes against Villa who won 48 hours earlier and didn’t make any changes. Swansea won.  So I figure he will or at least change the whole back 4 except Evans bringing in Justin, Morgan, Fuchs. We’ll need to be physically stronger against West Ham than we have been. I think he’ll bring in Hamza alongside Wilf to add some bite. Rest Madders, Youri and Barnes bring in Gray, Albrighton and Nacho. I don’t think he dare go without Vardy but he does need a rest, so maybe Perez if he dares. A point may not be a bad result given the slump we are in.