Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Watched the first 3 episodes of the Cecil Hotel thing. Whilst I find these mysteries fascinating and would be interested to know what actually happened to Elisa Lam, there are some weird people online who got far to into it. Some of them seem genuinely interested, but some of those talking heads they got that were looking into it seemed to get off on looking into this death.

• Like 3

Watched a few episodes of Real Detective. Some quite intriguing stories with the detectives that actually solved them. You can see what it did to these detectives. Its a good show that shows just how emotional some of the stories are and the impact they have on the detectives working them. You have to have a strong stomach to do that job.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2021 at 14:58, Facecloth said:

Watched the first 3 episodes of the Cecil Hotel thing. Whilst I find these mysteries fascinating and would be interested to know what actually happened to Elisa Lam, there are some weird people online who got far to into it. Some of them seem genuinely interested, but some of those talking heads they got that were looking into it seemed to get off on looking into this death.

Yeah I watched it all and enjoyed it , the stuff about Skid Row was more shocking than anything 

31 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Is that something a bit like a tie rack bit for underpants ? 

More like crack heads , serial killers , prostitutes , homeless all put into one area of L.A. and left to do what they want , bit like Coalville 

Edited by grth2004
  • Haha 2

On 15/02/2021 at 14:58, Facecloth said:

Web sleuths weird people to the point of obsessive. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Master of None...is fabulous

Man that was a fantastic show. It doesn't get much better than that scene in series 2 when he's in the Uber pulling away from a less than successful date and they play 'say hello, wave goodbye' in its entirety, the camera just focusing on his turmoil. Beautiful, beautiful TV. 

Shame that Ansari turned out to be a bit of a misognist and wrecked his career.... A cracking stand up as well and brilliant in another of my favourite shows Parks and Recreation. 

• Sad 1

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but 'Cuba and the Cameraman' is a great documentary. It's about a journalist who goes over to Cuba just after the Revolution to interview Castro. He ends up going back every 4/5 years and he meets all sorts of people.You see the changes to these people along the way and it's fascinating. The three brothers on the farm is both heartbreaking and uplifting. 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Since getting a VPN, apparently we can watch Netflix in 15 different countries. Is there anything on Netflix abroad that we can't see here that is worth watching?

The Ted Bundy film ' Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile' is on Netflix in lots of other country's. Definitely worth a watch. 

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
On 05/03/2021 at 12:23, Dan.Reynolds said:

Started watching The Fall. 

Fantastic viewing. Gillian Anderson :wub:

Does she play Mark E Smith?

18 minutes ago, Raj said:

Not as good as Maradona though was he really??

In football terms, I honestly don't know. Watched every game in the 70 World Cup and thought Pele was great even though he was past his best. 

Big fan of Diego also. Impossible to distinguish different types of perfection. 

• 2 weeks later...