Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Watched 3 episodes of The Queen's Gambit after a couple of decent reviews on here. Not sure what I think to be honest, decent watch with the Mrs but not sure what the point of it is yet.  I'll give it the rest of the series though. 

It's worth sticking with it :) 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Watched 3 episodes of The Queen's Gambit after a couple of decent reviews on here. Not sure what I think to be honest, decent watch with the Mrs but not sure what the point of it is yet.  I'll give it the rest of the series though. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It's worth sticking with it :) 

I agree. There's a few points being made as the series progresses. The soundtrack is magnificent btw. (depending on your musical taste, I suppose)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Anyone watched further than season 1 of Money Heist? We’ve watched the first series. There’s still a way to go and we feel invested but felt it was a bit meh, so any encouragement to persevere? 

Tried it, didn't get enthralled.

15 hours ago, spacemunky said:

This show went from very good after the first 2 episodes,  to very great after the next 4.

I was just expecting a few laughs and then all of a sudden I got hit with some genuine feels.

4 more to go.

Oh, and my new footballer has to be Dani Rojas lol

Speaking of Dani Rojas, his introductory scene made me smile from ear to ear:

2 hours ago, Benguin said:

Anyone watched further than season 1 of Money Heist? We’ve watched the first series. There’s still a way to go and we feel invested but felt it was a bit meh, so any encouragement to persevere? 

It's one of the best programmes on Netflix!

• Like 1

Seasons 1 and 2 of Money Heist were great, once I got to used to the rubbish dubbing (I struggle to keep up with constant subtitles)

3 and 4 were ok but went a bit OTT with the "twists" and got too involved with romance and side stories. Still decent enough watch though. They've just tried to milk it as much as they can and the story is difficult to keep going. 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2020 at 22:01, The Blur said:

Look up IMDB trivia,  they (thankfully) omitted one significant injury that Daniel's real life counterpart suffered during the trek   :o

What was it...tell me??

I’ve been watching Peep Show again to finally determine which season is the best and I think it has to be 6. I think per episode it has the highest number of classic quotes, and it leads in to the first episode of series 7 which could be one of the best they ever made. 

Kevin Harts new standup came out yesterday or so and just watched it. Not his funniest one but i enjoyed it.  Whats odd is that he actually is filming a movie in Milton over here in Ontario literally 2 miles or so from my house for this week. Woody Harrelson is in town for the filming too, pretty cool. Caley cuoco is in the movie but not sure she is here. She is sexy!

Watch the special though its funny! Its called Zero ****s given.

• Like 1