Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

20 hours ago, StanSP said:

Anyone going to watch/watched Crime Scene: The Vanishing at Cecil Hotel?

Got an e-mail from Netflix about it. Read the description and sounds decent.

On the last episode, didn't think I'd like it because I already knew the story, but found it pretty good to be honest, really interesting.

• Like 1

I've spent the last couple of months watching a couple of episodes of Still Game every night, watched the last one last night and really enjoyed it, surprised id never heard of it until a few months ago. Some episodes better than others as always and the older ones are probably a bit better, but characters are brilliant and there is some really funny moments. 

I think there are some specials that aren't on Netflix as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've spent the last couple of months watching a couple of episodes of Still Game every night, watched the last one last night and really enjoyed it, surprised id never heard of it until a few months ago. Some episodes better than others as always and the older ones are probably a bit better, but characters are brilliant and there is some really funny moments. 

There is a Christmas Special on iPlayer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Just to add, the specials are at the end of Series 6 on there (iPlayer). 

Edited by The Bear

On 11/02/2021 at 20:53, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I've seen the trailer and I definitely remember hearing/reading about this at the time and it's one that's definitely right up my street. 

On 11/02/2021 at 21:02, Soup said:

Yeah watched two episodes earlier. It's really Interesting, not a place you'd wanna stay. 

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

On the last episode, didn't think I'd like it because I already knew the story, but found it pretty good to be honest, really interesting.

Just watched first couple of episodes. Very intriguing. 

I'd heard of Skid Row but didn't know the magnitude of the hell-hole it appears to be. That Hotel is just totally fvcked.

Also, I know it's probably irrelevant but the way John Sobhani (one of the web sleuths) is very, very creepy. Almost stalker-ish.

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

Just watched first couple of episodes. Very intriguing. 

I'd heard of Skid Row but didn't know the magnitude of the hell-hole it appears to be. That Hotel is just totally fvcked.

Also, I know it's probably irrelevant but the way John Sobhani (one of the web sleuths) is very, very creepy. Almost stalker-ish.

Haha yeah, very much an old ball that one.

14 hours ago, Soup said:

Haha yeah, very much an old ball that one.

The web sleuths love a conspiracy, don't they?

I understand there's a perception of corrupt police but their lack of consideration for what bipolar disorder can do or how it can affect someone, and what lacking the medication can do to the body that 'needs' them, so to speak. 'OMG WHY WAS SHE NAKED?!' Because she wasn't taking her drugs mate. 

I reckon she did take herself up to the water tank and maybe did slip in. Probably possessed anyway - her behaviour in the lift is indicative of a mental illness/disorder, which lends itself to her being off her meds and acting erratically. 

Felt sorry for the Morbid black death metal dude. Had his life taken over by these guys all based on assumption and conspiracy.

On 11/02/2021 at 20:06, StanSP said:

Anyone going to watch/watched Crime Scene: The Vanishing at Cecil Hotel?

Got an e-mail from Netflix about it. Read the description and sounds decent.

I watched this knowing nothing about the story. Thought it was a bit shit tbh. 

Took you down so many dead ends and then what happened seemed a bit of a let down. Biggest problem was each episode was twice as long as it needed to be. They really padded it out

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

Took you down so many dead ends and then what happened seemed a bit of a let down. Biggest problem was each episode was twice as long as it needed to be. They really padded it out

Haha yep, felt that in the final episode particularly. The amount of times they cutaway to the Tumblr posting or a cutaway shot of LA/Hotel Cecil was so pointless. 

9 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I watched the never fvcking ending lead in... and gave up... glad i did i guess:)

Not watched it yet but read about the case. Her being a bit odd coupled with her coming off meds and then having an episode seems most likely. I wouldn’t rule out sleepwalking either. Seen someone do a very similar hand thing while sleep walking. 

21 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Not watched it yet but read about the case. Her being a bit odd coupled with her coming off meds and then having an episode seems most likely. I wouldn’t rule out sleepwalking either. Seen someone do a very similar hand thing while sleep walking. 

I very much doubt it’s sleep walking. I have done some very bizarre things while sleep walking but so much happened in that video that would have brought her round.

Not really, I’ve seen the whole video and seen people sleepwalking through much more. Hitting the water probably would but by then it was too late (hence accidental drowning) 

Not saying it definitely was sleepwalking but I think sleepwalking is a thousand times more likely than the TB or elevator game theories.  

The CCTV footage is a little disturbing but I think there are very rational and plausible explanations for it and her death. 

Edited by Benguin

12 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Not really, I’ve seen the whole video and seen people sleepwalking through much more. Hitting the water probably would but by then it was too late (hence accidental drowning) 

Not saying it definitely was sleepwalking but I think sleepwalking is a thousand times more likely than the TB or elevator game theories.  

The CCTV footage is a little disturbing but I think there are very rational and plausible explanations for it and her death. 

Yeah, your other mention in the post is clearly the real reason.

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

The web sleuths love a conspiracy, don't they?

I understand there's a perception of corrupt police but their lack of consideration for what bipolar disorder can do or how it can affect someone, and what lacking the medication can do to the body that 'needs' them, so to speak. 'OMG WHY WAS SHE NAKED?!' Because she wasn't taking her drugs mate. 

I reckon she did take herself up to the water tank and maybe did slip in. Probably possessed anyway - her behaviour in the lift is indicative of a mental illness/disorder, which lends itself to her being off her meds and acting erratically. 

Felt sorry for the Morbid black death metal dude. Had his life taken over by these guys all based on assumption and conspiracy.

Yeah I know what you mean about the sleuths. We all love a good crime documentary but these guys take it to the next level, they obviously watch them all and suddenly think they have have a criminality degree. Agree about the Mexican metal head as well, so wrong what happened to him.

Overall I did enjoy it though but I think 2 episodes would've been better. Sometimes less is more with these types of shows. Tragic what happened to that poor girl. 

You could easily have a mini series on The Hotel though, the storys that place could tell.

1 minute ago, Soup said:

Yeah I know what you mean about the sleuths. We all love a good crime documentary but these guys take it to the next level, they obviously watch them all and suddenly think they have have a criminality degree. Agree about the Mexican metal head as well, so wrong what happened to him.

Overall I did enjoy it though but I think 2 episodes would've been better. Sometimes less is more with these types of shows. Tragic what happened to that poor girl. 

You could easily have a mini series on The Hotel though, the storys that place could tell.

I agreed a lot with the forensic guy - any member of the public, web sleuth or not, only get a snippet of the story, not the full lot. So anything that is concluded by them is mainly conspiracy and once they get in to their own mind about it they run with it, and it's detrimental. 

I mean, the Sobhani guy who got someone to go to Lam's grave in the cemetery. That's a bit OTT. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I agreed a lot with the forensic guy - any member of the public, web sleuth or not, only get a snippet of the story, not the full lot. So anything that is concluded by them is mainly conspiracy and once they get in to their own mind about it they run with it, and it's detrimental. 

I mean, the Sobhani guy who got someone to go to Lam's grave in the cemetery. That's a bit OTT. 

He got him to touch the grave for him as well.  Very odd

Just watched the crime doc about the girl who went missing at the Cecil Hotel. Thought it was a bit underwhelming and pretty obvious from the start what had really happened. My main take away was that web slueth dude was one of the creepiest people I've ever had the misfortune of seeing on screen. It seemed sexual to him, what a loser.