Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Just now, Royston. said:

Watching Ozark after some good reviews on here....

Its good but vastly overhyped.

I'm still in season one so is the best yet to come?

Yes, from me. It's one that develops the deeper the story goes and the more Marty gets involved and those he gets involved with. We nearly gave up after the first 6 episodes or so but stuck with it. Trust me, the ending is unexpected. It nearly got binned after series 2 but I'm glad it wasn't.

Have you reached the episode 5 where he gets involved with the redneck preacher and his very sinister wife? I won't give any spoilers. Good, though. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Yes, from me. It's one that develops the deeper the story goes and the more Marty gets involved and those he gets involved with. We nearly gave up after the first 6 episodes or so but stuck with it. Trust me, the ending is unexpected. It nearly got binned after series 2 but I'm glad it wasn't.

Have you reached the episode 5 where he gets involved with the redneck preacher and his very sinister wife? I won't give any spoilers. Good, though. :thumbup:

Yes I'm past that but the show isn't gripping me so far, will stick with it....

On 13/09/2020 at 14:53, Cruss5 said:

I watched My Octopus Teacher by accident.  Well worth a watch, really enjoyed it

My wife put in on tonight and it was a great watch.  A fascinating, well filmed nature documentary made by a South African guy who spends a year of his life in the shallow water hanging with an octopus.  (Octopi are much more interesting than most sea critters, and it actually chose to interact with him, so his obsession is not as strange as it sounds.)

If you have kids who are interested in ocean life, this would be good to watch with them.  (Though not really young kids -- the octopus does come to an octopus’s end)

• Like 1

Watched 3 parter Netflix documentary last night - Murder Among the Mormons. 

I was about to switch off after the first hour as I thought I knew which way it was heading. 

Glad I stuck with it as there was about half a dozen twists and turns left. Absolutely mad and not something I’d heard of before. 

Well worth a watch

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Started watching The Shield on prime, Vic Mackey is a real force of nature isn't he? Also, probably the best ending to a pilot episode I've ever seen.

It's a brilliant show. In my top 5 of all time. If you think the ending to the pilot is good, wait until you get to the finale for the entire show. 

• Like 1

On 03/04/2021 at 10:12, Milo said:

Watched 3 parter Netflix documentary last night - Murder Among the Mormons. 

I was about to switch off after the first hour as I thought I knew which way it was heading. 

Glad I stuck with it as there was about half a dozen twists and turns left. Absolutely mad and not something I’d heard of before. 

Well worth a watch

Gave it a go this evening based upon your recommendation.

Crazy story, very well told.

However, not sure it was as twisty and turny as you suggested, and was hoping there'd be another big twist in the final part, but a fascinating watch all the same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Gave it a go this evening based upon your recommendation.

Crazy story, very well told.

However, not sure it was as twisty and turny as you suggested, and was hoping there'd be another big twist in the final part, but a fascinating watch all the same.

Ah - maybe I was surprised by the outcome as it was (to me) unexpected. And a bit bonkers!

I do think Netflix have nailed documentaries...in depth, not dumbed down, no ads and not over dramatised. 

I also like the no-narrator aspect of a lot of them. 

• Like 1

On 28/03/2021 at 22:06, Unabomber said:

Just watched the prestige on Netflix it’s my fave film ever man so good. Anyone who hasn’t seen it just watch it ASAP wow 

On 28/03/2021 at 22:16, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's one of them films every time I watch I see another bit of foreshadowing or well hidden clue, by far my favourite Nolan film. 

Watched it last night based on your recommendations. I almost dumped it off after 20 mins and it seemed to nothing that would get my interest. I was wrong. Unexpectedly excellent film.

• Like 1

On 28/03/2021 at 22:06, Unabomber said:

Just watched the prestige on Netflix it’s my fave film ever man so good. Anyone who hasn’t seen it just watch it ASAP wow 

Watched this just now on your recommendation.

Top top film!

Great line up and great twist

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

Watched this just now on your recommendation.

Top top film!

Great line up and great twist

Yeah big time. It is abit weird for a start if you’ve never seen it as it doesn’t fit a typical genre. The Illusionist with Ed Norton is another good film also about a magician but I haven’t seen that it a while. 

On 31/03/2021 at 13:24, foxfanazer said:

Last chance U Basketball. Really enjoy these series and I'm not even sure why lol

I’m glad they changed tact on the last series of the Football and this series in terms of the coaches. Indy and East Mississippi both had total nut jobs. 

I agree with folks on the Prestige - that’s Nolan at his finest, not being too complex but intriguing enough. I believe he wanted to make that film since Memento but budget and then justifying such a budget was always the problem for him 

Clearly a lot more low brow than the recommendations on here, or I'm just behind the times, but I'm currently smashing the marvel series in the order dictated my the mighty internet.

Done 2 seasons of daredevil, 1 Jessica Jones, and nearly finished season 1 of Luke cage and loving the violence, fight scenes, and interweaving plot lines.