Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

On 30/01/2021 at 21:05, Soup said:

Really enjoyed The Dig. Great film and a true story as well.

Lovely film ...  we both really enjoyed it last night ...   great cast and well acted.  

(Touched a slight nerve as Mrs CF also had rheumatic fever as a child which completely fvcked her heart up too).  

• Like 1

Watching The Shield on All4 and it's really enjoyable. Makes you think it's gonna be a by-the-numbers US cop drama, but by the end of episode one you can see there is much more to it than that. Gritty, adult themes, but still a fun and exciting show which even the odd bit of hammy acting doesn't detract from. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Watching The Shield on All4 and it's really enjoyable. Makes you think it's gonna be a by-the-numbers US cop drama, but by the end of episode one you can see there is much more to it than that. Gritty, adult themes, but still a fun and exciting show which even the odd bit of hammy acting doesn't detract from. 

I loved The Shield, great drama, Walton Goggins shines in it.

It gets better and better.

3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

One of my favourite shows. You're in for a treat. 

3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

One of my all time favourites. Great all the way through with one of the best endings of any multi series TV show I can remember. 

• Like 2

On 09/02/2021 at 12:55, Countryfox said:

Lovely film ...  we both really enjoyed it last night ...   great cast and well acted.  

(Touched a slight nerve as Mrs CF also had rheumatic fever as a child which completely fvcked her heart up too).  

Never heard of that condition tbf. Doesn't look nice at all.

We really do these type of films well don't we. I did enjoy the scenes in the packed countryside pub. I could almost smell the beer soaked carpet :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Still trying to get through the application process. It's a joke. I had to provide 2 proofs of identity. I scanned my driving licence and my birth certificate. Because my birth certificate contained a middle name that I have never ever used on any identifying document, including my passport, they rejected it. Ridiculous. I'm not a ****ing terrorist. I'm not going to inject a radioactive material into the arm of any local citizens. 

As I said before, it's no wonder applicants give up.

You can get a 7 day free trial?

:D

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Still trying to get through the application process. It's a joke. I had to provide 2 proofs of identity. I scanned my driving licence and my birth certificate. Because my birth certificate contained a middle name that I have never ever used on any identifying document, including my passport, they rejected it. Ridiculous. I'm not a ****ing terrorist. I'm not going to inject a radioactive material into the arm of any local citizens. 

As I said before, it's no wonder applicants give up.

Are you sure you're in the right thread, Para? :giggle:

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone going to watch/watched Crime Scene: The Vanishing at Cecil Hotel?

Got an e-mail from Netflix about it. Read the description and sounds decent.

I've seen the trailer and I definitely remember hearing/reading about this at the time and it's one that's definitely right up my street. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone going to watch/watched Crime Scene: The Vanishing at Cecil Hotel?

Got an e-mail from Netflix about it. Read the description and sounds decent.

Yeah watched two episodes earlier. It's really Interesting, not a place you'd wanna stay. 

• Like 1