Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

On 17/11/2020 at 17:14, StanSP said:

Watching this now as well. 

Ready to be incensed at the injustice faced by an innocent person for a crime they didn't commit :(.

@ozleicester what did you make of it?

I was predictably incensed and infuriated but not one bit surprised that the white male gammons involved in the case still maintain to this day that Sean did it lol 

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

@ozleicester what did you make of it?

I was predictably incensed and infuriated but not one bit surprised that the white male gammons involved in the case still maintain to this day that Sean did it lol 

Once upon a time, i was the greatest defender of the justice system, innocent til proven guilty and then appropriate punishment/rehabilitation.

Of course it is clear for anyone to see, the justice system throughout the world, but especially it seems in the US is a complete joke.

Just yesterday.. here in WA, a man who has spent 12 years in prison was found not guilty at a second trial, the police had lied and planted evidence. Which means not only has his life been destroyed... a murderer is still wandering our streets...all because our corrupt police force is not interested in truth, it is interested in power and control and promotion.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-21/scott-austic-acquittal-another-wa-miscarriage-of-justice/12900624

It is time that the same amount of money that is spent on a police force...is spent on a "justice force" which investigates the the police and courts. It is not good enough to have to rely on the private/charity lawyers.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2020 at 00:42, ozleicester said:

Once upon a time, i was the greatest defender of the justice system, innocent til proven guilty and then appropriate punishment/rehabilitation.

Of course it is clear for anyone to see, the justice system throughout the world, but especially it seems in the US is a complete joke.

Just yesterday.. here in WA, a man who has spent 12 years in prison was found not guilty at a second trial, the police had lied and planted evidence. Which means not only has his life been destroyed... a murderer is still wandering our streets...all because our corrupt police force is not interested in truth, it is interested in power and control and promotion.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-21/scott-austic-acquittal-another-wa-miscarriage-of-justice/12900624

It is time that the same amount of money that is spent on a police force...is spent on a "justice force" which investigates the the police and courts. It is not good enough to have to rely on the private/charity lawyers.

What happens when corruption weedles its way into the justice force ...   it just never stops.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

GODLESS

What a fantastic series, 7 episodes of quality entertainment.

Jeff Daniels, Michelle Dockery and Jack O’ Connell all amazing!

If you like a western then watch this.

I do like a western and my dad recommended this to me but I gave up on it after half an hour.

Maybe I’ll give it another go.

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Cant believe how abysmal death to 2020 was. Always been a big fan of Brooker, and this was basically a mocumentary screen wipe hybrid with characters which just didn't work, wasn't at all funny and just seemed really forceful with its brand of humour which just didn't land for me, at all. 

I enjoyed it, for the light hearted approach it took. 

It’s currently rocking a 7 / 10 on IMDb, so it’s not all that bad.

On 17/11/2020 at 04:34, spacemunky said:

This show went from very good after the first 2 episodes,  to very great after the next 4.

I was just expecting a few laughs and then all of a sudden I got hit with some genuine feels.

4 more to go.

Oh, and my new footballer has to be Dani Rojas lol

I really miss having that show in my life during lockdown, can’t wait for season 2 

On 15/12/2020 at 19:11, Paninistickers said:

I feel a bit lonely thay nobody I know has seen, or seems interested in, the norwegian.drama occupied. 

Anyone else watched it? I think it's superb (about an EU backed, soft Russian takeover of Norway)

Yes mate, watched it a couple of years ago I think (first 2 series). It was quality, me and the missus thoroughly enjoyed it. I've just seen that there is a 3rd series already been done..

• Like 1

Dead in a week or your money back- a surreal film about a suicidal man hiring a hitman to finish the job only to change his mind in few days.   Lot of  laugh out loud absurd scenarios that was casually downplayed as normal.  Fantastic script as well but drag on a bit towards end. 

It is on Netflix as well. 

1 hour ago, The Blur said:

Dead in a week or your money back- a surreal film about a suicidal man hiring a hitman to finish the job only to change his mind in few days.   Lot of  laugh out loud absurd scenarios that was casually downplayed as normal.  Fantastic script as well but drag on a bit towards end. 

It is on Netflix as well. 

Is Tom Wilkinson in that?

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Is Tom Wilkinson in that?

Aye,  Tom played the hitman.   A good piece of casting as you cannot imagine Tom as a cunning ruthless hitman so I liked how he was portrayed.

Edited by The Blur

• 2 weeks later...