Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

The latest series of Last Chance U that released last weekend was the best one yet imo. A change of sport from American Football to Basketball but still following a junior college team full of talented but down-on-their-luck high school graduates and college dropouts dreaming of making it to the top of the college game and the NBA beyond that. 

The one thing that sticks with me over all 6 series is the tradegy of trying to make it as a professional sportsmen. All of the guys in this show would've been the best in their age group, from elementary school all the way through to the end of high school. Some will even gain minor fame from being a top high school player but every level they go up, the harder it becomes to stand out and make the same impact. For 99.9% of these players, the day will come where they'll be forced to give up on their dream that they held for as long as they remember and somehow pick themselves up and get on with the rest of their lives. Seeing this in front of you can be genuinely heart breaking at times. 

I would recommend this series to anyone, its one of my sisters favourite shows of all time and she has no interest in sports outside of F1. Speaking of F1, series 3 of Drive to Survive released today. I'll probably binge watch all 10 episodes before the weekends finished! Its very much aimed at newcomers to the sport, so if your interested in getting into F1 in time for the first race next weekend, it's a good place to start. 

2 hours ago, Amin said:

The latest series of Last Chance U that released last weekend was the best one yet imo. A change of sport from American Football to Basketball but still following a junior college team full of talented but down-on-their-luck high school graduates and college dropouts dreaming of making it to the top of the college game and the NBA beyond that. 

The one thing that sticks with me over all 6 series is the tradegy of trying to make it as a professional sportsmen. All of the guys in this show would've been the best in their age group, from elementary school all the way through to the end of high school. Some will even gain minor fame from being a top high school player but every level they go up, the harder it becomes to stand out and make the same impact. For 99.9% of these players, the day will come where they'll be forced to give up on their dream that they held for as long as they remember and somehow pick themselves up and get on with the rest of their lives. Seeing this in front of you can be genuinely heart breaking at times. 

I would recommend this series to anyone, its one of my sisters favourite shows of all time and she has no interest in sports outside of F1. Speaking of F1, series 3 of Drive to Survive released today. I'll probably binge watch all 10 episodes before the weekends finished! Its very much aimed at newcomers to the sport, so if your interested in getting into F1 in time for the first race next weekend, it's a good place to start. 

Enjoyed the fact it has changed sports. I felt that had done enough series on American Football.

18 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Ozark , was put off watching it for a while as it looked a bit Breaking Bad rip off but finally started watching and I was very wrong. I’ve done season one and my god it’s thrilling edge of your seat brilliance. 

Ozark is the best thing i've watched on netflix tbh, anything with Jason Bateman in tends to be worth a watch.

Due to Covid S4 has been delayed but we should get a handful of episodes back end of 2021 then concludes later in 2022, think that might be the final season unfortunately :(

• Like 2

On 19/03/2021 at 16:42, BKLFox said:

Ozark is the best thing i've watched on netflix tbh, anything with Jason Bateman in tends to be worth a watch.

Due to Covid S4 has been delayed but we should get a handful of episodes back end of 2021 then concludes later in 2022, think that might be the final season unfortunately :(

Yeah we watched season 1 and knew it was that good we needed to savour it and take each season slowly hopefully right upto the last season showing later this year. 
Feel like an idiot that I missed it and so many people told me to watch it. 
I know once I start watching season 2 it’ll be binged in a week. 

• Like 1

Screw you Netflix.

I like a bit of sci fi.  Their algorithm directed me to a Nicolas Cage film called Left Behind, labelled as Sci-Fi, where the premise is that people disappear mysteriously all at once.

As I started watching it, it turned out to be really very badly made propaganda for the religious, the "End Times" and The Rapture. 

By a street it is absolutely the worst film I've ever seen, and I'm partial to Bollywood and Blaxploitation films and so I have watched a few weird stinkers in my time.

I made myself sit through the whole thing, as punishment for falling into Netflix's trap.

My poor eyes. My poor ears.  My poor prefrontal cortex.

Looking it up afterwards, it turns out that "Left Behind" is a whole pro-religion End Times series of books and films that is quite popular in the USA, if you like that sort of thing.  How did I miss that?  

My Netflix "You might like to watch next" algorithm is now full of Jesus-lickin' good recommendations, which is pretty much the exact opposite of what I'd like to watch.

:mad:

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I've got Left Behind on my watchlist :P

It's pretty obvious from the description it's about the aftermath of the Rapture. It even says it in the synopsis. 

I don't mind if it touches on religion a bit. 

Left Behind was:

Screenshot_20210322-231732_DuckDuckGo.jpg

On 22/03/2021 at 23:26, The Bear said:

I watched Ava the other night. Jessica Chastain plays an hit woman. It was really meh to be honest. She wasn't looking her best IMO, and she wasn't in any way a  believable assassin or fighter. 

Jessica was also in Molly's Game.  I think it is on Netflix too and is a decent film so do give it a watch!

Edited by The Blur