Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Anyone watch the new Dexter? I really enjoyed it. Loved Dexter the ending wasn't great but apart from that i loved it so was a bit sceptical about them bringing it back but i thought the first episode was really good. 

I like how they have gone a bit old school with it to and not just dumped the whole series out. 

Just realised this is the Netflix thread its not on Netflix its on Sky Atlantic but still worth a watch. 

Edited by goose2010

finished what there is of last kingdom, absolutely fantastic and decided to give vikings ,which i thought was ok previously , another go, its completely gutless by comparision, lots of fluff and short scenes, characters are not fleshed out, , the last kingdom has ruined me

• Like 2

Not everybody’s cup of tea but I just got around to watching Bo Burnham’s ‘Inside’. Brilliant stuff if you’re into film making and have a darkish sense of humour. Considering that he did it all himself during lockdown, it’s a hell of an achievement for one person. But I think it’s Marmite - if it’s right for you, you’ll love it.

If you like Mrs Browns Boys or similar, don’t even bother clicking play - this isn’t for you.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Properly dropped a bollock with the new season of star trek discovery haven't they. No longer releasing on Netflix, can't legally watch it outside usa/Canada until next year when paramount plus releases here. 

Think they need to have a rethink tbh. Paying for netflix/prime/Disney is more than enough. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Paying for netflix/prime/Disney is more than enough. 

It’s getting ridiculous, but I’ve had to start sharing accounts with mates, although I’m expecting it’ll get shut down soon.

I pay for Disney+ and BT Sport in exchange for leech access to Sky Sports and Prime Video - go halves on Netflix. If I had to pay for all these on my own, there’s no way at all that I’d pay for them all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Properly dropped a bollock with the new season of star trek discovery haven't they. No longer releasing on Netflix, can't legally watch it outside usa/Canada until next year when paramount plus releases here. 

Think they need to have a rethink tbh. Paying for netflix/prime/Disney is more than enough. 

Yep properly annoyed me. I can get Dolby Vision rips of TV shows but one of the release groups has just stopped doing them. Terrible timing. 

13 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

It’s getting ridiculous, but I’ve had to start sharing accounts with mates, although I’m expecting it’ll get shut down soon.

I pay for Disney+ and BT Sport in exchange for leech access to Sky Sports and Prime Video - go halves on Netflix. If I had to pay for all these on my own, there’s no way at all that I’d pay for them all.

I get Sky and BT as part of my Virgin package, but I pay for Netflix, Prime, and go halves on Disney+ with a mate. That's plenty. I wouldn't want to pay for any more. 

Though I have Prime mainly for the Amazon deliveries, and I've just stopped Netflix as there's bugger all on there at the minute I want to watch. 

Netflix came about and piracy plummeted, same as Spotify. Now it's heading that way again. I don't think many if anyone really gives a toss about pirating something from disney or Netflix, they're getting too greedy, and the tipping point is definitely coming soon, it's just the confusion more than the price that gets me, you've got BT and sky sports which are a fortune, prime, disney+, Netflix, Nowtv, Appletv and it's ever expanding, takes 2 minutes to download a film these days or find a stream and it's just so much easier. My dad has an app on his xbox which was a tenner one off payment and you get everything.

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

i watched the first episode of peaky blinders last night and enjoyed it, after the last kingdom and now this, how long have the bbc been making actual good tv? is there anything else worth giving a shot?

I enjoyed The Bodyguard, think that was BBC 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

i watched the first episode of peaky blinders last night and enjoyed it, after the last kingdom and now this, how long have the bbc been making actual good tv? is there anything else worth giving a shot?

Line of Duty,  Doctor Foster, Luther, all BBC and good watching if you haven't seen them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm sure we started it but found it really slow, and gave up. Should we have persevered with it? It's the prison one if I'm remembering it correctly? 

Yes, it's very good in my opinion ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'm sure we started it but found it really slow, and gave up. Should we have persevered with it? It's the prison one if I'm remembering it correctly? 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Yes, it's very good in my opinion ...

Slow burner but it definitely draws you in and is quite graphic at times. It made me think about those rightly or wrongly sent to prison and how it can affect them psychologically. I won't say any more to avoid plot spoiling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I've played league since it was originally released and every time "make a tv show" has been brought up I've been skeptical, but they've flipping nailed Arcane.

Great bunch of voice actors, animation style is ridiculously on point and the story is brilliant.

Season 2 already announced and if they keep to this level they've got a huge hit on their hands. 

Well done Riot. :appl:

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

So I've played league since it was originally released and every time "make a tv show" has been brought up I've been skeptical, but they've flipping nailed Arcane.

Great bunch of voice actors, animation style is ridiculously on point and the story is brilliant.

Season 2 already announced and if they keep to this level they've got a huge hit on their hands. 

Well done Riot. :appl:

Watched the first 3 eps when they were released and really enjoyed them; I also had low expectations so the quality was a very pleasant surprise. Need to get round to the other 6.

On 19/11/2021 at 07:33, Innovindil said:

I use this site (you need adblocker etc to watch as you will be bombarded with pop-up shite. Link below is episode 1 of season 4. 

https://soap2day.ac/TczoyOToiNTAwfHw0Ni4zMy4xNDIuNTF8fDE2Mzc2MDQ2NzUiOw.html

• Thanks 1

On 19/11/2021 at 21:51, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Netflix came about and piracy plummeted, same as Spotify. Now it's heading that way again. I don't think many if anyone really gives a toss about pirating something from disney or Netflix, they're getting too greedy, and the tipping point is definitely coming soon, it's just the confusion more than the price that gets me, you've got BT and sky sports which are a fortune, prime, disney+, Netflix, Nowtv, Appletv and it's ever expanding, takes 2 minutes to download a film these days or find a stream and it's just so much easier. My dad has an app on his xbox which was a tenner one off payment and you get everything.

Yep.

I'm going to repeat again what I said before: Having so many different streaming services that don't actually offer the same product is a cartel, not competition. The consumer is being taken for a ride, and there are many who know they are and aren't standing for it.

As a result, digital piracy is not only going to be always prevalent as things are, but it's actually occasionally ethical if it's a means to seeing those laws delegitimised and then changed.

• Like 1