Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

On 15/01/2022 at 20:16, Otis said:

Me too. Think I've got something in my eye. 

On 12/01/2022 at 21:34, Wrighty22 said:

After Life season 3 comes out on Friday. 

How did it compare to the first two?

I thought there were some hilarious bits in it but didn't think it was exactly great and have actually just realised I didn't even get all the way through 2 as I thought it was getting a bit repetitive.

The Puppet Master - Hunting the Ultimate Conman

Documentary about Robert Freegard (whose name did ring a bell) conning his way through life, bringing absolute misery to his many victims.  Some of the crap he came out with is quite unbelievable, but it worked.  

Well worth a watch, even if it does leave you with more questions than answers.

It's 3 episodes & for some reason the 2nd episode is half hour, when the others are 1 hour each.  A bit odd.

12 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Better than the disaster that was the third season? Rare I give up on a series, but that was abysmal imo, though thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 series. 

I found the new series a lot slower paced than the other 3, still enjoyable though.....

5 hours ago, rico said:

Started All Of Us Are Dead, can recommend to anyone who liked Last Train to Busan and Kingdom

i started this last night also so far so good & thanks for the shout out on the other 2 as i haven't heard of those so will add to watchlist later :thumbup:

• Like 2

On 01/02/2022 at 10:50, rico said:

Started All Of Us Are Dead, can recommend to anyone who liked Last Train to Busan and Kingdom

Class isn't it, also the Train to Busan references at the start made me laugh. Good to see they kept the same kind of 'threat level' with the zombies essentially being carbon copies of those fron Train to Busan

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 16:52, BKLFox said:

i started this last night also so far so good & thanks for the shout out on the other 2 as i haven't heard of those so will add to watchlist later :thumbup:

Peninsula is the sequel to Train to Busan, it's pretty good but not as good as Train to Busan. @rico not sure if you've watched Peninsula? I know @moore_94 liked Train to Busan as well, not sure if you watched Peninsula though?

• Like 2

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Peninsula is the sequel to Train to Busan, it's pretty good but not as good as Train to Busan. @rico not sure if you've watched Peninsula? I know @moore_94 liked Train to Busan as well, not sure if you watched Peninsula though?

I have put off watching it after hearing it is a bit of a let down after Train to Busan - don't want to ruin that "world" for myself haha

Couple of episodes into All of Us Are Dead and really enjoying that so far, the zombies are great, always preferred fast zombies to slow ones

Added Kingdom to my list as well to watch next

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I have put off watching it after hearing it is a bit of a let down after Train to Busan - don't want to ruin that "world" for myself haha

Couple of episodes into All of Us Are Dead and really enjoying that so far, the zombies are great, always preferred fast zombies to slow ones

Added Kingdom to my list as well to watch next

Yeah it's a bit meh compared, I'd describe it as good for a zombie film so still worth a watch. Whereas Train to Busan is a good film in general even if you aren't in to the genre, great characters and builds tension brilliantly.

Agree on the fast zombie point, always seems hard to understand how people would struggle to avoid slow one's.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah it's a bit meh compared, I'd describe it as good for a zombie film so still worth a watch. Whereas Train to Busan is a good film in general even if you aren't in to the genre, great characters and builds tension brilliantly.

Agree on the fast zombie point, always seems hard to understand how people would struggle to avoid slow one's.

I read that Timo Tjahjanto is doing a remake of Busan called Last Train to New York but not due out till 2023 

On 01/02/2022 at 11:12, Foxdiamond said:

I enjoyed The Highwaymen about the blokes who hunted down Bonnie And Clyde. It got mixed reviews but I thought it was good.

I enjoyed the story from a different perspective than the obvious. 

I like depression era movies like this, and Lawless. Both well made with a strong cast.