Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

We've just lost 2 games to teams that we would be expected to smash.

despite being the better team today, its not going for us. Struggling to score more than the odd goal, no plan b sometimes and we gift teams chances, making them look like they deserved something from the game! But it's all our own doing!

My concern is that within the next few weeks, we could be dumped out the FA cup to lower league opposition again, gift villa a place in the League cup final and be very close to dropping out the top 4, that's when I think people will really start to turn!

We have done incredibly well to be 3rd at this stage but perhaps this is why we cannot be considered a top 4 side yet because we cannot sustain this type of quality throughout the season?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Brendan is the man for us. 

He seems to have ran out of ideas very very quickly. 

Tactically I think he is very niave. 

For example why play Mendy today? He was pointless, Burnley went over the top bypassing his position entirely and he offers nothing going forward. 

We miss Ndidi for sure, but I think his man management seems to be poor, he seems to allow players heads to drop but don't know how to fix it. 

If we don't finish top 4 he won't be here next season I feel

Lol here we go

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

For me this all goes back to the Everton (league) game.

I've just checked back, that was 1st December so my bad, I thought it was back in November.

We've had 2 impressive games in since then which without trying to take anything away from us I think it said more about the opposition than ourselves but the wins/performances were impressive nonetheless.

So sorry, i'll correct myself and say 2 and a half months, soon to be (12 days away from) entering the 3rd month.

Agreed? Don't think i've said anything wrong there.

mate, it's January, start of December to now is 1 and a half months, December being one month and half of January being half a month, either your maths or your grasp of the calendar is very poor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Rodgers just said on RL that Chilwell and Hamza missed a vital training session on Thursday due to a 'personal reason'. What's going on? 

And then someone on here posting that Hamza was out in Notts Saturday night. If this lot fvck this up being childish I swear...

Seemed to go wrong from the moment rodgers said no one would be leaving in January. Coincidence?  It might be. Absolutely no reason to lose confidence like we have done. Yes we lost to Liverpool and Man City. We aren’t as good as they are, simple. We ARE as good as anyone else IF we play our game. We should have stuck with what was working and kept at it. Some blame for this goes to Rodgers for tinkering too much with the formation. Some goes to the players for losing form when they’re actually doing well. How we claw this back I don’t know. But I am concerned that we may now drop like a stone - which would be ridiculous frankly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

This is where Brendan earns his £10m a year.

I don't think there is a massive problem, plenty of sides go through these blips in the season when you come off the back of 24 points from 24.

Press the reset button, rip into them, and force a reaction Wednesday. I'd rather have this run of form now than in this next really important month.

Keep the faith etc.

Quite a good point. Every team has a down, we went on a record breaking run not so long ago, and showed what we can really do! Win during the week and things will start to look slightly better. We just need to work hard to get out of this rut because I can’t see any signings coming in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shade said:

mate, it's January, start of December to now is 1 and a half months, December being one month and half of January being half a month, either your maths or your grasp of the calendar is very poor.

Admitedly I got carried away when editing and claimed 2 and half lol but we are soon to be entering the 3rd month.

35 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Brendan is the man for us. 

He seems to have ran out of ideas very very quickly. 

Tactically I think he is very niave. 

For example why play Mendy today? He was pointless, Burnley went over the top bypassing his position entirely and he offers nothing going forward. 

We miss Ndidi for sure, but I think his man management seems to be poor, he seems to allow players heads to drop but don't know how to fix it. 

If we don't finish top 4 he won't be here next season I feel

Sweet mother of Mary.

Where to start on this one?

10 minutes ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Lol here we go

You mark my words. 

I was right about Puel when people like you were saying exactly the same as you have. 

I am right about Brendan, there is a rot setting in and the only way to stop is to cut the head off the snake. 

There is more to this than a poor run of form, the players look totally different to what they did at the start of the season. 

We will of course stick with him this season regardless of what happens, but he won't be next if we fail to get top 4, he along with Congerton will be gone. 

We had 18 shots at goal and 8 on target, their GK was named MOTM. Take away a couple of freak accidents leading to their goals, add in us actually finishing our dinner like we have been doing, and nothing is wrong at all.

Burnley always give us a rough game, not sure why everyone is losing their heads over it tbh. Southampton are in form, despite choking vs wolves and we shit the bed against 2 of the best sides this league has seen in years.

We're punching well above our weight still. Can we all just go back to supporting the team whatever happens instead of constantly complaining. It's getting ridiculous.

We're Leicester city ffs, we should be happy that we're going in the right direction, and make no mistake, we are. :dry:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shailen said:

You watch Liverpool and Man City and they play a set system and make the players play to that system. The system never changes. 

From the Aston Villa away game it seems like we've been tinkering every other game. The 4-1-4-1 was working well, and despite us successfully changing it to a 4-4-2 diamond against Villa, it really de railed us. We've then gone and played with 3 at the back. I think the players have got a little confused and Rodgers is fast becoming the tinker man. 

I think those two games against Man City and Liverpool, when we tried to go back to the normal 4-1-4-1 confused the players and we ultimately left too much space for their key players. 

Everything after is due to a loss of form and momentum imo. We need to go back to our favoured settled system and stick at it even if we get a couple of bad results in the process. 

This ! 

5 minutes ago, Cujek said:

You mark my words. 

I was right about Puel when people like you were saying exactly the same as you have. 

I am right about Brendan, there is a rot setting in and the only way to stop is to cut the head off the snake. 

There is more to this than a poor run of form, the players look totally different to what they did at the start of the season. 

We will of course stick with him this season regardless of what happens, but he won't be next if we fail to get top 4, he along with Congerton will be gone. 

95% sure your on a windup

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Rodgers just said on RL that Chilwell and Hamza missed a vital training session on Thursday due to a 'personal reason'. What's going on? 

Listening to this now. Rodgers saying he only uses players he trusts. Something wrong.

We’re trying to Puel it into the net instead of playing the channels and counter attacks it Vardy is fully fit this is how we score, there far too much time given to defences in front of goal this has been the difference- if they’ve found us out we need to find another way of creating chances 

• Like 1

If this utter shambles continues for two or three games then I think we may find that there is something amiss beyond confidence. I’ve been a Leicester fan for years and seen drastic drops in form for many reasons, this drop in form does not appear to me to be just confidence related. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

For me the passing has slowed to almost Puel style . Our passing was much quicker, precise and with more purpose and start of season . Now its a lot slower side to side and no cutting edge 

This I agree with...

it’s all too slow and pedestrian.

question is, why?