Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Just get N’Didi back. That’s the problem. 

And the reason for being poor in the last 3 months while he was fit and in the team?

He's a massive loss but don't pin it on him not being available, please.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We played much better today than last week. We were exceedingly unlucky. We could've scored 4-5 if Pope hadn't been so outstanding. Our line-up lacked creativity in the middle, and Ndidi is clearly an essential defensive player for us. Suddenly our defense is average with him out.

Vardy pk was poor, he seemed poor overall, we need an alternative at striker against teams that sit deep and neutralize him, and we cannot be afraid to start him over Vardy when the situation warrants.

Barnes was great for 70 minutes. Too bad the team couldn't support his effort better, but we had loads of quality opportunities. Just unlucky today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Bad form but the players have lost motivation. Simple as that.

Weve just wanked all over ourselves but chelsea lost and man utd probably will too.

We are too comfortable and fodder for teams prepared to dig in.

Why do you think they've lost motivation?

Surely their pride has to kick in at some point. If not, it seems they don't want to be here anymore and I'm worried that we may lose a few after all.

Just now, vanity said:

We played much better today than last week. We were exceedingly unlucky. We could've scored 4-5 if Pope hadn't been so outstanding. Our line-up lacked creativity in the middle, and Ndidi is clearly an essential defensive player for us. Suddenly our defense is average with him out.

Vardy pk was poor, he seemed poor overall, we need an alternative at striker against teams that sit deep and neutralize him, and we cannot be afraid to start him over Vardy when the situation warrants.

Barnes was great for 70 minutes. Too bad the team couldn't support his effort better, but we had loads of quality opportunities. Just unlucky today.

The second half was crap, lacked just about everything. Confidence is on the floor atm

A decent signing or two would shake it up a bit and hopefully for the benefit of the whole team. There feels like some complacency has set in and need a kick up the backside as a minimum. 

I also think we believe we’re better than what we are.

• Like 2

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Brendan is the man for us. 

He seems to have ran out of ideas very very quickly. 

Tactically I think he is very niave. 

For example why play Mendy today? He was pointless, Burnley went over the top bypassing his position entirely and he offers nothing going forward. 

We miss Ndidi for sure, but I think his man management seems to be poor, he seems to allow players heads to drop but don't know how to fix it. 

If we don't finish top 4 he won't be here next season I feel

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

And the reason for being poor in the last 3 months while he was fit and in the team?

Because with him we were still winning games. We haven’t been poor for the last 3 months. Get a grip.

• Like 1

Ndidi wouldn’t have affected the game today.. Burnley miss out the midfield and go direct..

It’s painful to watch at times, slow build up and then we are only half hearted when getting the ball back.

We have been outworked consecutive weeks by teams fighting for their lives.

Deserving all we get at the moment

- As in previous seasons, Vardy alternates long hot and cold streaks, he has now finished his hot streak and is on his long cold streak. Buckle in.
- Wilf being injured. Vardy, Wilf, Ricardo and Evans being our most important players.

- Team sheets being leaked, in an industry where they do everything they can for a 1% advantage, that isn’t going to help.

- Reverting to the mean, we got very lucky the first 6 or so games of the season where the team selection wasn’t great and we played just as poorly.

- Brendan’s man-management bounce running out. This is a powerful thing (see Watford)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Because with him we were still winning games. We haven’t been poor for the last 3 months. Get a grip.

Fair point about winning games.

We have been poor for 3 months, 2 decent games since November. Have some honesty.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I agree with what you’re saying but it’s not been 3 months. 

We were still playing well in mid-November, but since then we’ve had about 15 games and played well once.