Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I agree with you I also think Rodgers, his team selections, formations and tactics are equally to blame.

Yep he hasn't exactly been convincing with some of his recent selections.

Nacho and Gray deserve to start imo and have been left out when coming into form 

There is no coincidence that the last two defeats we have missed Nididi and I'd go to far as say Youri need them both back in the team

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We need some energy in the team, I know he's technically limited but I'd bring Albrighton back as you know he's going to give you bags of energy. You then hope that rubs off on the other slugs.

I've been thinking the same. It may be the short-term injection we need to help get our intensity back to what it was.

• Like 1

Would love to know (Obviously cannot) what Brendan's own internal expectations were this season. I just wonder if he viewed this as a Europe targetting season, or a collation, developing season primarily.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would love to know (Obviously cannot) what Brendan's own internal expectations were this season. I just wonder if he viewed this as a Europe targetting season, or a collation, developing season primarily.

Maybe he did. The inconsistencies of the usual top 6 have maybe come as a surprise and therefore expectations have obviously had to be altered. Do we have the squad depth to see us over the line? 

I don't see a major upturn in form around the corner for any of the sides below us but we still need to maintain some kind of levels ourselves 

Edited by foxfanazer

I think Europe has to be a target. Otherwise we'll lose a number of young players whose target IS Europe and they'll receive offers that enable that.

That's my biggest fear at the moment (in relation to the team that is!), that we'll lose impetus come summer as we get raided by clubs with both the money and the European competition to lure our brightest and best away.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Maybe he did. The inconsistencies of the usual top 6 have maybe come as a surprise and therefore expectations have obviously had to be altered. Do we have the squad depth to see us over the line? 

Don't know, but suspect not as we do not have anyone used to this situation, and I don`t count those that won the league with us, as it was an outlier. So some of team, those who are less tough/mature/arrogant, are possibly like rabbits in the headlights to some degree.

2 minutes ago, mabrah said:

I think Europe has to be a target. Otherwise we'll lose a number of young players whose target IS Europe and they'll receive offers that enable that.

I am sure it is now, looking at the position we are in, but my query was do we think Europe was a target this season when the season kicked off.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Think we need a bit of perspective. In a fairly short time frame Rodgers have moved us on from Puel's era quite successfully, but I think even him and the top brass wouldn't have expected to have been 2nd or 3rd for much of the season. Yes, that's no excuse to be happy with less, nor should be accept a slide down the table. A Top 4 finish must remain the priority and would represent a fantastic achievement and be a huge boon for the short term success of the club over the next season or two. 

But I think it's clear from this recent patch that the first half of the season was a bit of an over-achievement. Rodgers' task now is the prove that we're not in a false position. We've a young and raw team outside of Kaspar, Evans and Vardy. You have to accept the good with the bad with that sort of team. Flashes of brilliance, patches of good form, but sometimes a lack of composure and confidence. 

We maybe got a little bit lucky at times in our good runs and the hype probably got to these young player's heads. That overconfidence can cost you important percentages. On top of that:

• Teams have figured us out a bit
  • The squad doesn't have much depth and the extra games/Xmas period necessitated rotation which has unsettled the team
  • Vardy injury and loss of form
  • Ndidi out
  • Poor wingers have been a problem all season, which looks worse when the results dont come

I think the solution is more psychological, mentality and attitude based than tangible tactical stuff. Somehow Rodgers has to re-establish that sense of swagger that had permeated this young side. But obviously that's easier said than done

This!!

i couldn’t agree more. 

the players are trying and committed but the other aspects that you’ve highlighted are playing there part 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

my query was do we think Europe was a target this season when the season kicked off.

Now there's a question! You'd kind of think it must have been peripheral thinking even if not target.  The club is ambitious (as are they all) and progressive thinking on previous results would lead you to think we must have been thinking in terms of Europe at least. For a business, it is where the money is. 

36 minutes ago, Mark said:

Albrighton isn't going to make Praet and Perez liven up they're so one paced and won't be rushed, it's not helping us but as Rodgers signed these maybe he wants this from his midfield?

Perez can sit on the bench and Tielemans can come back in.

We have stopped pressing and our movement off the ball when we have it has reduced massively. Are we absolutely knackered from the way we train and play? It might take us another season to cope with it? Leeds seems to do the same each year under Bielsa, we have to fine tune it as it's a balance.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We have stopped pressing and our movement off the ball when we have it has reduced massively. Are we absolutely knackered from the way we train and play? It might take us another season to cope with it? Leeds seems to do the same each year under Bielsa, we have to fine tune it as it's a balance.

I do wonder how we'd cope with the Champions league / Europa league extra games next season. Wolves have played 10 games more than us this season so whilst we've played more than usual with the cup run it's nothing out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mark said:

I do wonder how we'd cope with the Champions league / Europa league extra games next season. Wolves have played 10 games more than us this season so whilst we've played more than usual with the cup run it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I think the intensity in training session after session might have to be tweaked. I am all for being revved and raring to go come matchday but if training has been so brutal week in, week out that come the 2nd half of the season the standards cannot be maintained even in games then it's pointless.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am sure it is now, looking at the position we are in, but my query was do we think Europe was a target this season when the season kicked off.

I think there was a desire for a domestic cup judging from line ups against other PL opposition 

47 minutes ago, Mark said:

Wolves have done excellent in the circumstance but are now struggling with injuries etc. Their fans are pretty concerned eventually they are going to run out of steam. 

If we achieve Europe replicating their season should be the aim 

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the intensity in training session after session might have to be tweaked. I am all for being revved and raring to go come matchday but if training has been so brutal week in, week out that come the 2nd half of the season the standards cannot be maintained even in games then it's pointless.

Rodgers has said numerous times his teams get better in the second half of the season.🤔

Whats this point...#teams have figured us out..!!

We are 3rd...L'pool,Man.city & even Chelsea have played the same oppo Teams for seasons....

Rodgers has played Plan B...put in different formations & selections & won...

I find it a nonsense point..!!   If we are Good enough we win Simples.!!!

Burnley didnt figure us out,....we had their measure,but just didnt convert our chances...like our other Reverse or poor results.

Exception Man.city & L'pool,we were Simply Not at their level...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1