Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We are too light in the middle without Ndidi. We’ve become too weak and easy to play through

That’s where id start personally. 
I think we are being bullied at the moment

In other words signing this guy would be the perfect answer.

0_LeeCattermolePNG.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are getting a fair few things wrong at the moment and it’s hitting us hard.

Confidence through the team is very low.

Defence looks shaken and we look like conceding every game, keeping a clean sheet would help at the minute.

Rodgers constant changing of the side is now having an effect 3-4 at the back.

Chilwell LB,Wing Back or even LW

Praet finding his feet still in this league 

Perez & Barnes 1 good game in 5.....no real consistence required at the top 6 of the Premiership.

Tielemans and Maddison both are now overthinking passes and taking that extra touch, they have gone from a duo smiling and enjoying their football interchanging and putting effort in to 2 players that have gone completely off the boil at the same time.

Where they were bouncing and running for each and getting into the box in attacking positions, are now sitting back/hiding and are feeling the pressure of being the only creative sparks in the midfield.

And unfortunately Vardy, having 2  league games out West Ham and Newcastle....has came back in looking isolated at times, gone back to taking an extra touch or not shooting when he would have at the start of the season, and his confidence also looks low.

You could just tell with how his game was going the pen was going to be missed.

Brendan has a fair few issues to sort now and his demeanour in press interviews and looking on the sidelines has looked to have changed smiles gone and he is starting to feel the strain/pressure.

Have the team gone from 1 family to 3/4 separate groups and it’s separated the dressing room, and it’s not sitting with the older Experienced players in the squad?

Were having a great season and there I see still plenty to play for, but he has got to do something to stop the slide we are currently in as we haven’t been the side we were seeing in the first 15 games for a while now, and there has to be a bigger reason than no Ndidi as too many players have lost form right at the same time.

Top 4 is crucial to us progressing as a club else the vultures will be out in the summer with failing to secure Champions League football.....this really is a great opportunity to push on, and will be a real shame if we collapse and  lose it of our own doing.

I know form is temporary and class is permanent but now is the time to show it.

Edited by steflcfc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Learn to beat the press.
We get pressed, we wet our knickers.

There were at least a couple of occasions in the first half today where Burnley pressed us, we beat it and then Perez or Maddison pissed about with it for 2 or 3 seconds and the advantage we got from beating the press was gone as Burnley were able to get back in shape.

19 minutes ago, Beechey said:

It's our first real dip in form in almost a full calendar year.

Come off it.

Nothing to do with form, there is more to it than that. 

The energy has totally changed in the team they look like shadows of the players they were. 

I hope you are right but I fear you are not. 

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

We created enough today and didn’t take our chances.

I wouldn’t look beyond this. Teams have bad spells (apart from Liverpool in the last 18 months) and why should we be any different.

Theres really no need to panic. Burnley with their medieval football have turned over better teams than us at their place.

Edited by bmouth_fox
  • Like 4

We lack grit and solidity in the midfield without N'Didi. I think it's time we tried playing Mendy & Hamza with Tielemans playing as the attacking midfielder. He looked great playing as the creative fulcrum, but lately Brendan's been playing him deeper. On top of which Maddison hasn't been playing great. This will also allow our fullbacks to provide width up top knowing the space is covered at the back. 

11 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

I wouldn’t look beyond this. Teams have bad spells (apart from Liverpool in the last 18 months) and why should we be any different.

Theres really no need to panic. Burnley with their medieval football have turned over better teams than us at their place.

Some sense at last. But I do think some of the lads have had their heads turned perhaps. Who knows. But let’s not panic just yet. I mean trump coming into power was meant to be the end of the world. If that clown can carry on I am sure we can grind some results and needed some much needed confidence. 

• Like 1

I don't know. Aggravates me most every match how slow and ponderous we are sometimes.

Watching forwards take the extra touch for the perfect shot only to get it blocked. Pass stop pass stop and very little if any controlled one touch passing to create space and beat presses.  I'm not talking about deflecting the ball into space as we move down the field on the wings (Ricardo and Perez etc.). That stuff is sublime.

We just seem too slow.

I remember Rodgers at Liverpool took 2 summers and a season before it really started to go.

Know this club has a lot more in the tank and have to be patient as I don't know how to teach a team to speed up or how long that takes.

5 hours ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

We’re a bit too full of fancy dans who don’t get stuck in. Lovely to watch earlier in the season, but it’s horrendous now. Also, gotta look at Kasper today, can’t catch a ball inside his 6 yard box, hardly off the ground to punch it either, no command and so no pressure relief. 
watching us has become very dull, and I’m not at all confident for Tuesday. 

Love seeing the term fancy dans reminds me of Ron Atkinson and co. And football in the 90s. I'm not confident either and it becomes our most important game of the season until Saturday then until next Tuesday. Aaaargh I am in fear of the next 3.! 

Edited by oxtonfox
Spell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blabyboy said:

Apologies, but this is hyperbolic bollox. BR has signed a 5yr contract recently.. consider how much Top would have to pay to end that early... on top of all the other outgoings he currently has including the new Training ground. Secondly, he's had the arse end of last season and this is going to be his first full season, so no, he won't be going anywhere if we finish below 4th.

... is it a coincidence that this poor form has occurred since he has signed his new deal!! 

There are too many players not performing at the same time and we look like we did under Puel. 

Are the team making a statement or is it fatigue? 

I can't help but think that something has changed in the relationship between manager and players and perhaps the Chilwell and Hamza situation could be part of this apparent malaise. 

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... is it a coincidence that this poor form has occurred since he has signed his new deal!! 

There are too many players not performing at the same time and we look like we did under Puel. 

Are the team making a statement or is it fatigue? 

I can't help but think that something has changed in the relationship between manager and players and perhaps the Chilwell and Hamza situation could be part of this apparent malaise. 

No one knows unfortunately... well not yet.

5 hours ago, Cujek said:

I'm 0% on the windup. 

You live in lala land all you want, but there is something wrong inside our club.

We lose the next 3 games and there is a serious doubts over top 4 hopes. 

You can see it written all over the players faces, it's like they have had their energy taken from them.

Just because we are third and in a semi final of a cup, it do t mean that everyrhing is hunky dory, both of those things can be taken away from us very quickly. 

If people want to berate me and have their heads in the clouds then that's fine, I don't care. 

But Mark my words, if this carries on, we don't get top 4, if we don't get top 4, Brendan isn't here next season. 

So 19 days ago, when we beat Toon 3 nil at their place, would you have said all of this? Do you really think there is something wrong, or we're just a bit out of form and low on confidence, missing Wilf, who we all know is immense, and having a dip like literally every club in the league bar Liverpool? Mate I'm disappointed with the last 8 days too, and sure, we might have more struggles ahead, but this doesn't suddenly there is some massive crisis

• Like 1