Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

Its disappointing but ill still back them in.young team and squad and new coach.that doesnt change over a short time.the dip was alway going to happen and as teams fight for places and relegation it will be harder.

I still think we are the best looking team in the league going forward.

37 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

So 19 days ago, when we beat Toon 3 nil at their place, would you have said all of this? Do you really think there is something wrong, or we're just a bit out of form and low on confidence, missing Wilf, who we all know is immense, and having a dip like literally every club in the league bar Liverpool? Mate I'm disappointed with the last 8 days too, and sure, we might have more struggles ahead, but this doesn't suddenly there is some massive crisis

Liverpool did have a dip in form,they just kept winning with late goals.

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Brendan is a great manager when things are going to plan. But I'm far from convinced he is quite so good at stopping a freefall. Abit like Raneiri I guess. 

This is the key time for Brendan now. Same with any manager though; you have to deal with the bad times and drag the team back around. Freefall is a bit over the top at the moment but we do look very fragile as a team in terms of getting bullied and losing second balls. 

We haven't got the physicality that Liverpool, Burnley and Southampton have so we have to make that up with speed and skill. Neither of those attributes are evident recently. We've hit the Crest of a slump. 

Time for Brendan to do some magic and sign a player or two to breathe life into the squad. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Brendan is a great manager when things are going to plan. But I'm far from convinced he is quite so good at stopping a freefall. Abit like Raneiri I guess. 

I did feel the same when he first came in but I must say his work so far I find hard to undermine based on my previous doubts. We've been on the up since he's come in and despite today's loss i'm not seeing a free fall anywhere, let alone a need to be worried about one.

Up the foxes.

• Like 1

Attacking options ain’t good enough however Barnes stepped up his game today after being dire for weeks! He needs to build on this but I’m not convinced that he won’t go back to his recent form.

I love Vardy but if our wide options have a off day then chances are Vards became largely ineffective.

Recently, especially against Man City and Liverpool it felt we were playing with 9 men with our wide forwards being nonexistent.

To be honest the more the season goes on the more I think we've been largely efficient with our chances and that Vardy's exceptional form has propped us up and that now he's going through a bit of a quiet spell, we're struggling a bit. It's a complete anomaly to be 3rd in the table when your starting two wingers have 7 goals between them all season.

Around early October time I thought we had been efficient, not that good, but efficient and kept getting the results that were probably better than our performances.

Around early December time I thought we had clicked and were really starting to take it to another level.

I sit here now and feel like the former has become the norm and the latter has become the exception.

There's something really quite odd about it. We sit 3rd in the table and I feel like a good 6/7 players could be playing a lot better than they have been.

10 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

This reminds me of the 2012/13 season.

We suddenly looked like a free-flowing exciting team that year and were sat in 2nd. Then the immaturity and inexperience of the squad started to show and the wheels completely came off in the second half of the season. It feels like a similar thing.

Brendan is not helping himself with his loyalty to certain players (Perez/Chilwell) and his bias against others even when they're giving him every reason to pick them (Iheanacho/Gray).

Also for whatever reason he doesn't seem to want to implement a plan B, even when it's clear plan A isn't working. I get that we're a team that likes to pass the ball, but you can't always play out from the back. You certainly can't do it against teams with better players, so why we didn't mix things up against Man City and Liverpool I'll never know, it was brainless. Also if a team presses you, it's going to be very difficult as well. We've seen evidence of both in the last month - teams are working out how to play against us and Brendan needs to realise that we have to find a different way of playing in those scenarios.

But whatever style of play you have it has to be at a quick tempo, and there is an obvious attitude problem at the moment because all I'm seeing is players jogging around and showing a lack of desire. In the challenge there's no commitment, there is not enough movement for the player in possession, and there is a lack of anticipation that rears its head when you are not mentally in the game. The ball keeps dropping into areas and nobody is showing the will to get into that space or to at least pressure the opposition player. I mean the goalkeeper actually dropped it in the box today and there wasn't one Leicester player in there trying to get it.

That is the bigger and more concerning aspect of our dip in performances.

Remember this as well. I thought that summed up the toss served up.

We lacked aggression as a side even with Ndidi in it, let alone without.

8 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

I wouldn’t look beyond this. Teams have bad spells (apart from Liverpool in the last 18 months) and why should we be any different.

Theres really no need to panic. Burnley with their medieval football have turned over better teams than us at their place.

Such as?

5 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

So 19 days ago, when we beat Toon 3 nil at their place, would you have said all of this? Do you really think there is something wrong, or we're just a bit out of form and low on confidence, missing Wilf, who we all know is immense, and having a dip like literally every club in the league bar Liverpool? Mate I'm disappointed with the last 8 days too, and sure, we might have more struggles ahead, but this doesn't suddenly there is some massive crisis

Whilst I agree with you I also think Rodgers, his team selections, formations and tactics are equally to blame.

9 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

I genuinely believe there is something wrong at the club.

look at their body language.

look at their faces.

Vardy when he is on it, makes tackles, gets stuck in looks pissed off, even if he isnt on form, at the moment he looks uninterested.

Form comes and goes for players but to me it looks like the whole squad is just bored.

Then we have the Hamza / Chilwell thing, who really knows what has happened, we will most likely never find out.

I really hope i am wrong and its just temporary form, but i really get a niggly feeling that we arent over the worst of it. 

Rodgers does have a plan b in that he changes the shape and makes tactical/positional changes. It's not a rarity either, and will do it as and when. No, true enough, he doesn't abandon 1st principals (possession) and start hoofing it but it's not right to say he keeps banging his head against the same wall.

Let's call it 'Plan A 1/2' shall we? (to mix me whatevers)