Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

West Ham match thread

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Ricardo plays like a forward he is incredible... 

He should really be tried at No 10. A couple of us thought so at the end of last season. His distribution is fantastic, he runs like a whippet and he makes himself available,

• Like 1

Surprised so little talk of Tielemans, absolutely running the show and barely misplaced a pass.

Comfortably the best player on the pitch for me.

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

When all’s said and done, Barnes is having an amazing first full season. His numbers are very good. And Ricky is simply world class. X 

His ball control needs a lot of work. He can't cushion a ball and he can't control a ball with usually a strong first touch. He does run strongly and doesn't fall over like Perez does so he has a good physique to become a decent supporting forward player. Definately a work in progress, it'll take a few more years to work out how his career path with head.

Edited by Bazly

Just now, Dirkster the Fox said:

Agreed. Held his left arse cheek, not his hammy. This would explain why he looked like he could carry on running (hammy), but had another issue (butt)

Pulled butt muscle?

And you can't run even at the low speed he did after doing a hammy. 

It makes my heart burst with joy just to see us back and playing as I know we can, as we've seen before. We're well worth the 2 goals. And playing each and every man to their best, working together, clicking.... ah man, it's just fekkin' ace!

Hope Ndidi's going okay.. Rodgers best not use that final sub just in case Wilf feels a niggle. Mendy was awesome in his cameo, I wonder if there'll be a contract extension on offer if he wants it? He was a more than worthy standing, despite what I said earlier.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Surprised so little talk of Tielemans, absolutely running the show and barely misplaced a pass.

Comfortably the best player on the pitch for me.

You can tell he’s doing a bit of Wilf’s running for him as well. He’s been like a man possessed closing down in the midfield. 

I think Rodgers has had a few very real conversations with a few of them during the week because they look like they’re playing for their shirt again. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

I want this to be true.

But stubbed his leg is absolute gobbledegook.

tbf, I did also hear the physio and say that he;d trapped or caught the nerve. BR was shouting "was it his arse?" So it doesn't sound or look like a hamstring. Might just be one of them things after the rest he had recently and then coming back to a couple of intense games... he was certainly shifting and chasing back earlier in the game.

• Like 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

I can't work out if we've been incredible or west ham have been that bad. Barely put any pressure and let us do what we want. Hope the players don't think game is won.

It’s been a step up from us, the passing is sharper and we are quicker to every thing. Last few games felt like we were tired and couldn’t get out of 2nd gear 

Clearly they're spoken about moving the ball quicker and more forward momentum. Which was needed. I often think our style isn't that unlike Liverpool but they throw about nine players forward whereas we seem to hold back much of the time. Would love to just see us let go and go at a team properly.