Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Number of cases

As of 9am on 17 March 2020, 50,442 people have been tested in the UK, of which 48,492 were confirmed negative and 1,950 were confirmed as positive. The latest confirmed number of deaths will be announced later today.

+407 from yesterday

This is a serious consideration.

If one of myself, my wife or my daughter were to contract the virus, would it be better for all of us to stay together, self isolate and likely all 3 of us have the virus so we can look after each other(if possible)?

3 minutes ago, Royston. said:

If one of myself, my wife or my daughter were to contract the virus, would it be better for all of us to stay together, self isolate and likely all 3 of us have the virus so we can look after each other(if possible)?

Self isolate yourself if possible to stop them getting it but while that may be practically impossible, yes it would be better 3 of you all stayed together and didn't make contact with anyone else. 

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Someone will be along shortly to tell you off for making jokes about a sensitive subject like this.

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Political point scoring  

Jokes or humour

Yawn. 

You've missed the point I was making earlier. Fine for all of us to make jokes and light of it, be as dark as you want (literally, with that joke lol ) but it doesn't sit right with me for the PM to do it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Our government's advice is for you all to isolate so do that.

If you want to be extra careful, WHO suggest that the infected person sleeps in a separate bedroom, uses a separate bathroom and any interaction with others in the house is done from a distance with everyone wearing face masks.  Once the symptoms stop showing, then continue to isolate for a further two weeks.

Edited by nnfox

Not living in a mansion or my own block of flats, how one earth would you isolate yourself from your family.

Ah...bagsy the shed :blink:

"The UK government's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance is appearing at the House of Common's health committee.

He tells MPs that the UK should start to see rates of infection come down in two to three weeks.

He says it would be "a good outcome" if the number of coronavirus-related deaths in the UK can be kept to below 20,000."

Yikes. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not living in a mansion or my own block of flats, how one earth would you isolate yourself from your family.

Ah...bagsy the shed :blink:

Think the idea is that if you have it, then everyone in the household self isolates together for 14 days. Yes it wil likely spread but only amongst those in the household rather than to others. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yawn. 

You've missed the point I was making earlier. Fine for all of us to make jokes and light of it, be as dark as you want (literally, with that joke lol ) but it doesn't sit right with me for the PM to do it. 

It wasn’t aimed at you Stan.

Guest MattP
15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yawn. 

"If" he did it.

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"The UK government's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance is appearing at the House of Common's health committee.

He tells MPs that the UK should start to see rates of infection come down in two to three weeks.

He says it would be "a good outcome" if the number of coronavirus-related deaths in the UK can be kept to below 20,000."

Yikes. 

Puts some perspective on how far we have to go with this.

2 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Think the idea is that if you have it, then everyone in the household self isolates together for 14 days. Yes it wil likely spread but only amongst those in the household rather than to others. 

Yeah I guessed this was the reality of the situation, anything else would be crazy!

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yikes. 

No idea how infection rates going to come down in 2 to 3 weeks unless a nationwide lockdown is ordered.

Walked up to the Supermarket this afternoon and everyone was carrying on as normal, cafe's all packed out.

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yikes. 

Now all we need is someone to remind us what percentage 20000 is from 66 million and spin this into good news:ph34r:

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yawn. 

To be fair Stan I actually wasn't talking about you. I just remembered someone having ago at Strokes (I think it was), for making a joke near the beginning of this thread.

Although if the shoe fits:ph34r::kissing:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Posted at 15:2115:21

UK total for positive coronavirus test hits 1,950

The UK's Department of Health has confirmed 1,950 people had tested positive for coronavirus as of 09:00 GMT today.

That is a jump of 407 cases since yesterday - the biggest daily increase so far.

However, it was also the biggest number of tests in one day - 6,337 - with a total of 50,442 carried out so far.

That means 48,492 people have tested negative.

The latest confirmed number of deaths will be announced later today.

Edited by stripeyfox