Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, BeardyFox said:

Yeah it's been tough. I think we both knew deep down since the announcements yesterday. We'll have our day at some point 👍

One of my good friends passed away last week and their funeral is meant to be in two weeks, so will have to see what happens with that too. But yes you will, be worth the wait.

1 minute ago, BeardyFox said:

Yeah it's been tough. I think we both knew deep down since the announcements yesterday. We'll have our day at some point 👍

Even if it went ahead, you'd probably find a fair few guests would stay away anyway.  

Weddings can be rearranged.  It'll all be fine in the end.

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't know. But what if the European Scientists are wrong? I'm not one to be saying we'll be OK becasue we're British and we'll fall back on our "blitz spirit" and all that bollocks (usually peddelled by people born after the war ended), but there's no precedent for what's going on. There's no proven right or wrong way to deal with this. 

Boris should have listened to David Icke with his alien reptilian theories about controlling the world and unleashing virus's. Those two scientists that accompany Boris to his press announcements, the ones with eyes on the outside of their heads,  look a bit dodgy.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

If there's a vaccine. 

There will be - that's not in question. The question is, of course, the amount of time between now and then.

25 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wouldn't expect that to be set in stone. At a minimum, these tests will hopefully help prove if it is at least viable. :thumbup:

I'm sure Trump will try to make such a vaccine exclusive to Americans, but I doubt it'll happen - I think that's a step too far even for his popular support.

14 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I think the reality is that they will stay in place for as long as it takes.  Which could be a long, long time.

Depends how long it takes for the world to get to the top of the "curve", really - it's happened in a few places already. Limited, controlled travel could be implemented once there are nations that have come semblance of control of the thing within their own borders and have good screening processes in place.

Guest MattP
3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

(if true, pathetic.)

You would have been a blast during WW2.

Do you spend your days now just googling and searching on Twitter for things Boris has done to try and get upset?

1 hour ago, bmt said:

Agree with this, we need to get a real control of it and then relax some but not all measures and act very proactively and sensibly until the vaccine is found.

This will in turn keep critical care capacity available and also slowly build resistance even without the vaccine, as some people will continue to get it.

Also a more immediate draconian strategy also buys time for us to understand and hopefully mass produce medicines which might work with severe cases, allow us to increase capacity as much as possible in the health service in terms of beds/ventilators etc etc. If that is months, so be it.

Decision I came to at home last week was it was critical for us as a family to try as best as possible to avoid this initial surge in cases if at all possible (we've been social distancing for a week), because it would soon become apparent that the NHS would collapse and then there'd need to be a fundamental shift in tactics that everyone would have to get behind.

Edited by martyn

2 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Wetherspoons in Market Harborough is open for business with folks enjoying a pint with their breakfast. Good to see people listening to government advice 

The concern for me is with the new advice not being legally bound ie. not forcing pubs to close. Some people are still going to go anyway. 

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

The concern for me is with the new advice not being legally bound ie. not forcing pubs to close. Some people are still going to go anyway. 

Yeah, but if it legally binding rather than hoping people act like adults, all you end up doing is need to involve the police.  The police who we may need before this is over.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

You would have been a blast during WW2.

Do you spend your days now just googling and searching on Twitter for things Boris has done to try and get upset?

No lol but it does come on my timeline on Twitter. 

Do note I said 'if true' therefore not knowing if it is. I'm not upset Matt. I'm not the one being so cold... 

I imagine you'd be totally fine if a non-Tory said such a thing :)

21 minutes ago, bmt said:

One of my good friends passed away last week and their funeral is meant to be in two weeks, so will have to see what happens with that too. But yes you will, be worth the wait.

Sorry to hear that. My grandma is attending the funeral of her good friend today. I tried advising her not to go as shes incredibly vunerable, but I sort of see her resilience in doing so. She survived the bombings of Sheffield in the war after all.

Guest Harrydc

In an era where people are so used to to the freedom we have, could this have the potential to send people crazy if temporary restrictions are put in place? 

Guest MattP
Just now, StanSP said:

No lol but it does come on my timeline on Twitter. 

Do note I said 'if true' therefore not knowing if it is. I'm not upset Matt. I'm not the one being so cold... 

I imagine you'd be totally fine if a non-Tory said such a thing :)

Gallows humour is fine by me.

When I went into the pub on Friday they had sat an inhaler, a pint if strongbow and a Leicester scarf on my usual seat like I had already died. lol

During the Brexit debate and the GE, I was broadly supportive of BoJo, but over the last 2 weeks that has completely changed. The current emergency needs a government of national unity, and if that means giving JC a seat at the high table, so be it. The former health secretary Jeremy Hunt should be given the top job for the duration of the crisis, since he seems more in tune with things than either BoJo, or the current health secretary Matt Hancock. Hunt warned the government last week that it wasn't doing enough, and the look of worry on his face when he appeared on Channel 4  last Thursday shook me rigid.        

• Like 1

Tried to go shopping this morning. Huge queues outside Camden Morrison's at 07:30. I just didn't bother, came straight home. 

Not sure how the supermarkets are where you are, but it's pretty bleak down here. 

Went back a bit later and everything was already gone. There's barely anything on the shelves, and what is left people are panic buying. Saw one bloke with a trolley full of onions. Onions. Who f**king panic buys perishable onions, seriously? 

Send food, my gaff is like Mother Hubbard's.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

Gallows humour is fine by me.

When I went into the pub on Friday they had sat an inhaler, a pint if strongbow and a Leicester scarf on my usual seat like I had already died. lol

That's fine for you (quite funny lol ) but I don't appreciate the PM doing/saying it!