Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not sure on the authenticity 

Let’s talk some GOOD NEWS, shall we?

💥 China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

💥 Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

💥 Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

💥 A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

💥 Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

💥 Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

💥 Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

💥 Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

💥 Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

💥 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

💥 A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

💥 A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

💥 Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

💥 All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

💥 Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not ALL bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.

Let stay positive people!!

These are all true. The issue isn't will or wont we get through it, it isn't the apocalypse. It'll just be a pain in the arse getting there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Marco said:

do use paracetamol and avoid anti-inflammatories, ibuprofen...

Cheers for confirming ... I'd read that somewhere else. The chances however of getting hold of any paracetamol are now slim.

Besides, a bit old school in these things. If all I'm doing is relieving the symptoms, as opposed to curing, then i'd usually prefer not take anything really. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Think a lot of people were doubting Sunak's appointment, myself included, but he has been excellent so far.

I'd barely heard of him before to be honest, but he is clearly a rising star, and showing absolutley no sign of struggling with the role.

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

048D2EA8-F001-4B5C-B29F-442147EB0B5D.jpeg

Those shelves are well stacked....2 in One bargain...just to get to the crust of the matter..

Top shelf photo..!!!

Made me cry ,Realising at 66, I have little Time to fill my trolley,and some Goods ,you can look but Not touch,no matter how much you want to look

at the package and inspect the ingredients..

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

These are all true. The issue isn't will or wont we get through it, it isn't the apocalypse. It'll just be a pain in the arse getting there.

Yea I just spent 15 minutes googling them all and they all check out. How sad am I.

330 billion but mostly in loans. Not sure this is really going to be anywhere near enough.

Nothing for self employed or those in the gig economy. All sounds good on the surface but this is just going to scratch the surface of the problem.

Edited by reynard

38 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Cheers for confirming ... I'd read that somewhere else. The chances however of getting hold of any paracetamol are now slim.

Besides, a bit old school in these things. If all I'm doing is relieving the symptoms, as opposed to curing, then i'd usually prefer not take anything really. 

Totally agree. Fever is there for a reason. And coughing. Suck it up if you can. 

I've been fairly bullish on the whole thing for a while. 

I dated an ICU nurse for a few months last year. Just now swapped a few texts to see how she's getting on (as you do)....oh dear. I wish I hadn't. That was bleak. She described - amongst other things - those who react badly to this as 'pure roll of the dice'. 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Try the more unusual places for paracetamol such as petrol stations, small corner shops. You pay a bit more but they may have some. There was plenty in the shops yesterday just not in the main supermarkets.

• Thanks 1