Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

6 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

PR stunt then.

You’re really accusing the NHS of making extra capacity a PR stunt in the middle of a global pandemic that’s killed hundreds of thousands?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

You’re really accusing the NHS of making extra capacity a PR stunt in the middle of a global pandemic that’s killed hundreds of thousands?

Was it an NHS or government lead initiative?

21 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Was it an NHS or government lead initiative?

Well considering it was the NHS Chief Executive announcing everything, I’m going to say it was the NHS.

The NHS is part of the government, anyway, so it’s kind of irrelevant. There was a high chance the NHS would have been overwhelmed with cases and so how anyone can argue against setting up extra capacity in case it was needed, I don’t know.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

Just now, Beechey said:

Well considering it was the NHS Chief Executive announcing everything, I’m going to say it was the NHS.

The NHS is part of the government, anyway, so it’s kind of irrelevant. There was a high chance the NHS would have been overwhelmed with cases and so how anyone can argue against setting up extra capacity in case it was needed, I don’t know.

Because some would like to make it political. Every one is an expert on this Virus now and has time to run the country when they are not too busy giving Brendan  tips on picking the best team or saying what players to buy. But the is good news over the last week 

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.kentonline.co.uk%2Fsandwich%2Fnews%2Fkent-scientists-find-treatment-for-coronavirus-226575%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3dU9knGYdhGK_TqHFXgdSG6L-IG2FKA5yKFTNI-ivnP8rwvdeChs5Bj0g&h=AT301HKRufeD7fH1_O4HzfswNQz1UN9-wrMNJFmPzoMrqWq99hFKfCXC-hK1eGhUSTohm3iiWtAjEq0TlwzHEJ68A_0jg6ReitdFy9hFINTNG0uiOXhbIJqzoy8vsWIHzg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Anyone else getting to the point where they're ready to sack it off and go and visit close relatives/friends? Even if it's just going into the garden and having a catch up for an hour or so.

Think i'm getting pretty close to that point. I personally really need to hear the government making some positive noises about plans for the near future this week.

I've probably got a week or two before the same party line isn't good enough for me. Need to start seeing some action and innovation from our leaders.

Yep, I really need some news on a timetable or something by the end of the weekend. I've not seen my missus for 8 weeks, that's probably been the hardest part.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yep, I really need some news on a timetable or something by the end of the weekend. I've not seen my missus for 8 weeks, that's probably been the hardest part.

I'm sure she's loving it :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just had to nip into the office for the first time since mid-March to use the printer. Driving down Narborough Road you wouldn't know anything had changed. Groups of people standing around chatting, scores of people sitting in the bus shelter. Was surreal after being in a bubble for so long to see life seemingly going on as normal for some

Edited by pds
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, pds said:

Just had to nip into the office for the first time since mid-March to use the printer. Driving down Narborough Road you wouldn't know anything had changed. Groups of people standing around chatting, scores of people sitting in the bus shelter. Was surreal after being in a bubble for so long to see life seemingly going on as normal for some

Assuming that we see a relaxation of lockdown to some extent next week, an uptick of cases (or flattening of the downward curve) the following week will be down to the ‘jump the gun’ group who decided they’d had enough anyway and a precursor of what will be seen the following week after that when the relaxation will be two weeks on ......

Late may bank holiday weekend is surely a problem ?????.

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

She tested positive with the antibodies not the virus tbf. Antibodies only show up 28 days after you've had it and there's no reason to self isolate after having it.

Anyone going to a ****ing birthday party in someone's house is inexcusable right now regardless though. 

That's the main point surely. Regardless of what an antibody test shows/does, it's kind of irrelevant under the current guidelines :dunno:. She shouldn't have been at a party. 

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

We never had it though. It was never really a functioning ICU.

2 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

PR stunt then.

Was it specifically for ICU capacity? I thought it was used in case of overflow of standard hospitals for non-Covid-19 patients so that hospitals could be used for Covid-19 in the main... 

Agree with the other comment though - better to have it in case it needed to be used as opposed to not having it there when the most desperate of times could have been upon us. Also it's good to know the facility is there should a second wave come about, especially if that second wave could be more serious and higher in case volume... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's the main point surely. Regardless of what an antibody test shows/does, it's kind of irrelevant under the current guidelines :dunno:. She shouldn't have been at a party. 

Was it specifically for ICU capacity? I thought it was used in case of overflow of standard hospitals for non-Covid-19 patients so that hospitals could be used for Covid-19 in the main... 

Agree with the other comment though - better to have it in case it needed to be used as opposed to not having it there when the most desperate of times could have been upon us. Also it's good to know the facility is there should a second wave come about, especially if that second wave could be more serious and higher in case volume... 

I may be wrong but wasn't the Nightingale being touted as 4000 bed capacity ICU ?

3 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Nightingale London pretty much closed. As far as I'm concerned they took valuable staff and equipment to do very little when we needed them the most. At least they made a few tiktoks.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52531845

In case you need some humour to brighten your day:

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/03/misallocated-nhs-resources-fuelled-spread-of-virus-in-care-homes-say-bosses

EXKIhn5XsAECP_b?format=jpg&name=900x900

Feels odd having to completely justify why they're using the Isle of Wight to test to track and trace system. They're a small island, reduced travel to the mainland, smaller and restricted population so will give a good in site into how things are going to work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twoleftfeet said:

Because some would like to make it political. Every one is an expert on this Virus now and has time to run the country when they are not too busy giving Brendan  tips on picking the best team or saying what players to buy.

Nailed it.

Edited by nnickn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not having places like The Nightingale available:
"THIS GOVERNMENT DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING."

Making places like The Nightingale available but not needing it.

:dunno:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not having places like The Nightingale available:

When was anything like this said? As in not having the place available? I thought it was generally well-received that 1) there would be such a facility and 2) how quickly it was created in various locations. 

It's hardly the government's fault as well that it wasn't used or that the capacity wasn't used but surely it's good it was available?!