Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

I'm not sure about punching someone the face, especially as a frontline health professional, but I get what you mean. They're in a nursing home for nursing care, not a care home where they get fed, cared for and looked after by some very dedicated people, but otherwise don't have any life threatening condition, they have illnesses and conditions that mean they are unable to live independently for various reasons, including sadly, no available family support.

As you know z-layrex, intubation is an invasive procedure which, in a non sterile environment, with unskilled hands, can prove fatal.

Obviously, in my role, we intubate occasionally but mostly it is supra-glottal intervention. 

On one occasion recently I refused to intubate a 100 year old man who was never going to be made better by doing it. I got a complaint from the family, but EMAS supported my decision.

Obviously just an expression of how strongly I feel on the topic. A&E tubed a 90 year old lady in resus and dumped her on the ICU a few weeks ago. The icu reg literally said to the anaesthetist, "what the **** is wrong with you".

23 hours ago, SystonFox said:

They built these as a precaution. Hindsight is wonderful but would you rather they did nothing, let hospitals burst at the seams and potentially thousands more die? 

personally I’m glad they took the precautionary route. Maybe I’ll pay for it in taxes the rest of my life but nobody knew which way this was going

Again. They didn't take a precautionary route, because, again, it was never going to be able to function in the capacity that would have been required. The whole thing was a ridiculous farce from Barts Trust.

23 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Yet if they hadn't proceeded with drastic action to build Nightingale hospitals, certain vocal people devoted to a particularly political cult would have been screaming to the rooftops that the government weren't doing anything and weren't spending vital money to deal with Coronavirus. Anyway, who knows, the Nightingale hospitals may well have a vital role to play in the coming weeks as we may encounter a second wave of the virus and if so, it would also help to ease pressures on hospitals as nightingale hospitals can be covid specific. But hey ho, anything for you to slag Boris off

Jesus. Please, please explain to me how a non-functionong, understaffed, under resourced warehouse was or is ever going to play a vital role? And FYI I voted Boris, support him and don't actually blame this waste of resources on him at all. I know an NHS worker admitting to voting tory is weird, but there you go.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Jesus. Please, please explain to me how a non-functionong, understaffed, under resourced warehouse was or is ever going to play a vital role? And FYI I voted Boris, support him and don't actually blame this waste of resources on him at all. I know an NHS worker admitting to voting tory is weird, but there you go.

I don't think he is going to reply, anytime soon.  I'm not even sure he is a member of this forum:nono:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I don't think he is going to reply, anytime soon.  I'm not even sure he is a member of this forum:nono:

Well it’s hardly surprising his fan club numbers are dropping then is it? :@

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

Obviously just an expression of how strongly I feel on the topic. A&E tubed a 90 year old lady in resus and dumped her on the ICU a few weeks ago. The icu reg literally said to the anaesthetist, "what the **** is wrong with you".

It's never an easy decision to not perform an airway procedure in the course of resuscitating someone and we are now being told that if a patient is unlikely to respond to resuscitation in the community we, as paramedics, have to make a decision to not commence the process. That's extremely stressful when you have the family standing in the background, understandably scared and very emotional and we know we are going to have to say... sorry but... there's not going to be a successful outcome by attempting to resuscitate your (mum, dad, sister, brother, grandma/grandad), and sit in silence as we watch them emotionally crumble until we find a space between their emotions when we can address what we need to do next.

Seems maybe the doctor in A&E decided to tube and then shifted responsibility for the patient to an already overstretched ICU.

It's not nice but the reality is that a 90+ year old patient is unlikely to survive CPR, particularly in the community and in care homes and that is what the public, generally, don't understand. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Foxesmints said:

32000 deaths - that's a full King Power Stadium full. Truly frightening.

Actually I found the figure more frightening until you put it like that, no idea why though 

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Actually I found the figure more frightening until you put it like that, no idea why though 

You hate Leicester fans? :o

5 minutes ago, Foxesmints said:

32000 deaths - that's a full King Power Stadium full. Truly frightening.

Don't hear so much these days about 20,000 being a *good* outcome either. 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You hate Leicester fans? :o

Haha no, but honestly 32000 seemed like a much bigger number before it was compared to the KP. I really don't know why, somewhere in my head I guess the capacity of the KP seems like a smaller number even though I know its not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I see Neil Ferguson has resigned after it has been revealed that he didn’t fully subscribe to the concept of social distancing 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/05/exclusive-government-scientist-neil-ferguson-resigns-breaking/amp/

Taking the fvcking piss! Wasn't just the one time either (not that that would make it any better!)

:mad::mad::mad:

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I really don't know why, somewhere in my head I guess the capacity of the KP seems like a smaller number even though I know its not. 

Confused Reaction Gifs

• Haha 1

At what point do issues concerning mental health / lack of being able to earn a wage / poverty etc get prioritised over coronavirus prevention?

Obviously the latter has rightly been the priority over the last 6 weeks. Not saying the pendulum has to swing now but there will come a time when some tough decisions will need to be made.

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Confused Reaction Gifs

Oi! I'm blonder than that! 😊 

I'll try again. When I hear the number on the news it seems like a massive, enormous number. And obviously it is. 

But when I think about when I'm down the ground, it feels like fewer than 32k. 

Maybe because the deaths are far reaching, and our fans are enclosed in a small space? Idk :blush:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Taking the fvcking piss! Wasn't just the one time either (not that that would make it any better!)

:mad::mad::mad:

He’s obviously a super shedder 

And just imagine how pissed off her husband will be at her for breaking social distancing ! 

Seems like it is the best opportunity to better the working conditions of the average person, looking after people who are in extreme poverty/homeless and increasing the taxes on the filthy rich but I guess that isn't happening anytime soon. 

34 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I see Neil Ferguson has resigned after it has been revealed that he didn’t fully subscribe to the concept of social distancing 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/05/exclusive-government-scientist-neil-ferguson-resigns-breaking/amp/

I've gone very cold on him over the past few weeks, we've seen his true colours come out here.

How on earth can you justify policy when the main person providing the evidence behind them does this? Truly shameful behaviour.

Just now, Lionator said:

How on earth can you justify policy when the main person providing the evidence behind them does this? Truly shameful behaviour.

Same thing happened in Scotland earlier on in the lockdown. One of their chief health people was seen travelling out and about more than once and had to step down from her position too.

Shameful for sure!

36 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Good, maybe he'll take his bse software with him.