Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Guest ttfn
16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is really positive news and demonstrates that just isolating infected (rather than exposed) people can work provided that there is sufficient testing.

Obviously of little value to the wider population but could be important in getting things back to normal in priority industries (and football).

One of my team in Madrid lost his father in law to the virus yesterday.  With many colleagues and friends in Madrid I'd been hoping they would be unaffected but sadly not.  Cremation at 1am, presumably as they are so busy.

Just now, foxile5 said:

Yeah Hahahaha

You had me doubting myself for a second tbf haha

To answer the question, tested positive then proceeded to go to a birthday party a couple days afterwards.

She tested positive with the antibodies not the virus tbf. Antibodies only show up 28 days after you've had it and there's no reason to self isolate after having it.

Anyone going to a ****ing birthday party in someone's house is inexcusable right now regardless though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else getting to the point where they're ready to sack it off and go and visit close relatives/friends? Even if it's just going into the garden and having a catch up for an hour or so.

Think i'm getting pretty close to that point. I personally really need to hear the government making some positive noises about plans for the near future this week.

I've probably got a week or two before the same party line isn't good enough for me. Need to start seeing some action and innovation from our leaders.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Anyone else getting to the point where they're ready to sack it off and go and visit close relatives/friends? Even if it's just going into the garden and having a catch up for an hour or so.

Think i'm getting pretty close to that point. I personally really need to hear the government making some positive noises about plans for the near future this week.

I've probably got a week or two before the same party line isn't good enough for me. Need to start seeing some action and innovation from our leaders.

They've already said they're going to give out more information on Sunday evening about timetables when things will open up again.

They're (sensibly imo) deliberately holding back from doing this until after the bank holiday weekend so people don't get the wrong idea, feel like it's safe and flood the parks and beeches on Friday.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I’m more than ready for the lift and I won’t deny I’m tempted to go and see people but I haven’t yet.

I’ve had to go and see my Dad, the lockdown was having a far worse effect to his mental health than could be caused by the virus. Regular contact is so important to him. I agreed it with his carers first as I didn’t want to put them at risk without consent.

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They've already said they're going to give out more information on Sunday evening about timetables when things will open up again.

They're (sensibly imo) deliberately holding back from doing this until after the bank holiday weekend so people don't get the wrong idea, feel like it's safe and flood the parks and beeches on Friday.

That make sense but I am not sure if people would accept no news/updates on Friday evening.   I reckon there should be staggered release of timetables through week with the main release being on Sunday.    I thought Boris said something to that effect last week?  

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It was my neighbors 50th on Saturday and I watched out the bedroom window as he had a stream of visitors arrive at the back gate to his garden.

Almost like his wife had pre-arranged them all to visit at a certain time slot and they arrived on bikes and walking then spent 30 mins chatting away before leaving and the next lot of friends arrived.

Pissed me off tbh and made me think why should I follow the rules strictly while others are bending them?

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I have to admit I'm feeling the same. Desperate to go see my mum back in Leicester. I've got a week off starting on the 18th May and I'm hoping the restrictions are lifted enough for me to take my daughter to see her

• Like 1

image.png.1ab3386d405d5eaeda9b47a1e3b7bdf9.png

Source: Office for National Statistics - Deaths involving COVID-19
Notes:
  1. Points on the map are placed at the centre of the local area they represent and do not show the actual location of deaths. The size of the circle is proportional to the number of deaths
  2. To protect confidentiality, a small number of deaths have been reallocated between neighbouring areas.
  3. Deaths occurring between 1 March 2020 and 17 April 2020 and registered by 18 April 2020.
  4. Figures exclude death of non-residents and are based on February 2020 boundaries.
  5. Coronavirus (COVID-19) was the underlying cause or was mentioned on the death certificate as a contributory factor (ICD-10 codes U07.1 and U07.2).
  6. Locally adopted MSOA names are provided by House of Commons Library. While these names are not officially supported for National Statistics they are provided here to help local users.

Map shows number of coronavirus deaths where you live in Leicester and Leicestershire

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/map-shows-number-coronavirus-deaths-4102082

There's an interactive map on the link.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah I'd seen something to that effect - this is what I'm hoping will provide me with a much needed spark.

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m more than ready for the lift and I won’t deny I’m tempted to go and see people but I haven’t yet.

I’ve had to go and see my Dad, the lockdown was having a far worse effect to his mental health than could be caused by the virus. Regular contact is so important to him. I agreed it with his carers first as I didn’t want to put them at risk without consent.

Yeah it must be really tough on the more sociable people. I've only been getting the urge the past week or so. It's my sisters birthday today, but I'm not going to be able to go and say hello. 

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It was my neighbors 50th on Saturday and I watched out the bedroom window as he had a stream of visitors arrive at the back gate to his garden.

Almost like his wife had pre-arranged them all to visit at a certain time slot and they arrived on bikes and walking then spent 30 mins chatting away before leaving and the next lot of friends arrived.

Pissed me off tbh and made me think why should I follow the rules strictly while others are bending them?

I don't blame you for that, I think it's natural. It's curious though that we can't be happy for people like that man. A 50th is major milestone and he's been robbed of an opportunity to celebrate it properly with friends. Yet most of our immediate reactions will be "that's not fair on me". (We try and fight it and stuff it down)  It's in us all and I suppose that's what the government are wrestling with.

I'm marking the 16th down I think. This weekends going to be a write off because of bank holiday. If the rules are still the same, I can easily see myself being tempted to a couple of people.